Mystery Play?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mystery Play?

N* Bomber Crew

Mystery Play?

I got this really odd problem...

Something in my rear frame/wheel assembly on my bike feels loose or has play. I checked all my bolts and fastened them down, but I still won't go away.

I feel the play most noticeably when I hike my bike up a hill, and my rear wheel rolls over a rut or something, it makes a clank, and it feels like the shock mounting is loose...but its not.

Does anyone have any obvious places to start checking/looking? My frame is a 04/05 Weyless 67.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Glad to Be Alive
    I would go through and take apart all my pivots of the rear end and regrease and re-tighten them........same thing on the wheel...re-pack bearings on that.......go through the shock mounts too....pedals and BB and (might as well do it all)...while you are at it but not the problem the headset too.

quick fis rear wheel, shock linkage and frame pivot

Good luck
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I would go through and take apart all my pivots of the rear end and regrease and re-tighten them........same thing on the wheel...re-pack bearings on that.......go through the shock mounts too....pedals and BB and (might as well do it all)...while you are at it but not the problem the headset too.

quick fis rear wheel, shock linkage and frame pivot

Good luck
    I'm curious...do shock bushings ever "wear out"?
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I'm curious...do shock bushings ever "wear out"?
    yes...they can get play.....they get all worn in the inside....take apart and check them out
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    As a mech. I would say that it's the DU bushing in your shock eyelets. Your LBS should have them...

-> SickLines.com <-
    I concur, I think its most likely your shock bushings that is the problem. Depending on your shop they might have em.

Members who have read this thread: 0