My riding partner got taken down by a car last night- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Upset My riding partner got taken down by a car last night

My riding partner went thru the windshield of some ignorant lady's car last night (her fault, she was ticketed) on his road bike. I don't ride the road for that exact reason - I don't trust anyone behind the wheel of an auto. Luckily he'll be fine but his knee needs pins to put it back together and he's done for the season. And this all happens right before Crankworx which he'd planned for us all for months now. THIS SUCKS!!!

B Safe,

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sorry to hear about that, glad he is doing ok though. With all the poor drivers on the road it can be pretty scary on a bike. The best you can do is ride defensively and stay on your toes I guess...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    And wear a helmet!

Glad to Be Alive
    sorry to hear
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
    Is it scary out there. Glad he's gonna be OK. I can't believe how close people drive to me when I am on my bike. I am suprised that I haven't had more hits.
    "Don't give up, Never give up!"

Lord of the Chainrings
    Dammit! Sorry to hear that.
    It's pretty bad here in SoCal too!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Johnny Dependable
    Truly sorry to hear about your friend. BUT...This is why people should ride bikes on trails, bike paths or roads that have SHOULDERS. I drive a bus for a rafting company and I can't tell you how many dumb roadies have almost caused accidents OR nearly gotten themselves KILLED because the roads on some of our mountain passes aren't wide enough to accommodate 2 cars driving in opposing directions AND bikes. On the wknds there is a LOT of auto traffic AND lots of cyclists, so giving space to every rider when there is oncoming traffic isn't a viable option, especially if it's during a steep climb or descent. I come within inches of hitting cyclists probably 10 times a week. If it's between swerving into an oncoming car with 40 lives in my hands, or taking out a roadie, I wouldn't even think twice.

banned
    So how was the lady, "ignorant"? I missed that part.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Colossus
    Go back to the 29er board, please
    Thanks, Sheldon. You really are the best.

keystone addict

maybe because she hit the rider??
    I kinda wish my brakes actually worked, but I guess that just makes me faster, right?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STPinCYQX
    Go back to the 29er board, please
    Hmmm... I will, "go", to and fro... slow... don'cha know...

to any forum I please.

Thank YOU... very little.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    maybe because she hit the rider??

So you don't believe the lady knew that hitting a rider was a bad thing to do? Did she not know the meaning of a stop sign or the meaning of a red light? Maybe she was ignorant as to the location of the brake pedal in her vehicle? Maybe she was ignorant to the fact that you have to look out through the windshield to see what is in front of you?

Simple question. What knowledge did the lady lack that led to her being called, "ignorant"? Is it a sweeping general answer like: "You idiot 29C... she lacked driving knowledge! That is what made her ignorant you dunce cap!", or is it something more detailed that can be defined and then pontificated incredulously as one must do when considering the mind of the inattentive driver. You know?... maybe the driver wasn't "ignorant" at all, maybe she was just tired and inattentive....

Either way. The rider isn't happy, nor is the driver I presume.

Johnny Dependable

Thank YOU... very little.

LOL how are the Underhills these days Fletch?

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    who the hell cares about the dumb a$$ driver!!

THIS GOES FOR EVERY ONE

If you cause an crash its your fault and you should be held accountable for your actions

maybe she should sit in a cell for a couple of days, pay for all the medi bills, loose driving privileges for awhile who knows what will teach her to pay attention and not HIT PEOPLE!!

Im using this to bring attention to all drivers, im not picking on "her"
    people in general are not taking driving seriously

" tired and inattentive.... " did you really just call that justification for the "driver" to hit somone?? you need to go re-think your principals
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086
    I don't ride the road for that exact reason - I don't trust anyone behind the wheel of an auto.
    oh man, I'm the same way. I ride motorcycles all the time, and its just stupid how many times either I get cut off or I see other people get cut off on motorcycles. Just a lot of drivers don't pay attention and are very careless when it comes to anything smaller than a 2-ton car
    '05 p.2
    tryin to have fun on a college budget, and doin a pretty good job of it

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KomodoRider
    who the hell cares about the dumb a$$ driver!!
    I do. I am sure it was quite traumatizing for the lady.

THIS GOES FOR EVERY ONE
    I drive so I can empathize with the driver that hits a timberdoodle or a three-legged kitten or another vehicle or even a biker. Very few people that drive want to run into objects and animals and people on the road. For the most part they try not to.

If you cause an crash its your fault and you should be held accountable for your actions
    Really? What a concept. Have you written your congressman and suggested that axiom?

Now that you are up to speed....

maybe she should sit in a cell for a couple of days, pay for all the medi bills, loose driving privileges for awhile who knows what will teach her to pay attention and not HIT PEOPLE!!
    Well... she should get whatever the law considers appropriate in this case. She had a driving accident apparently. That does happen. Vehicles often hit people on bikes. Bikes are very small, and often hard to see on the road. They also are largely disproportionate when it comes to traffic integration due to their relatively slow speeds.

Im using this to bring attention to all drivers, im not picking on "her"
    people in general are not taking driving seriously
    What? Good luck with that.

" tired and inattentive.... " did you really just call that justification for the "driver" to hit somone?? you need to go re-think your principals
    Justification? I'm just wondering what the ticket was for. It very well could have been for ,"INATTENTIVE DRIVING". You might want to drop your emotional baggage and join the lands of realities. People get tired. People drive inattentively. Small bikes on big roads get crushed on. It might as well be a physical law of nature. But you don't drive in cars right? So you don't know all that. No way. You just don't participate. You know... because EVERY ONE of them is a dumb ass right?

You take extra risk riding on the road. That is a fact. It doesn't matter if you draw and quarter the driver with a team of downhill bikes. The danger will do nothing but get WORSE, and your crying will only stress you out.

Don't stress. We want you to live for a long time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

I drive so I can empathize with the driver that hits a timberdoodle or a three-legged kitten or another vehicle or even a biker. Very few people that drive want to run into objects and animals and people on the road. For the most part they try not to.

Really? What a concept. Have you written your congressman and suggested that axiom?

Well... she should get whatever the law considers appropriate in this case. She had a driving accident apparently. That does happen. Vehicles often hit people on bikes. Bikes are very small, and often hard to see on the road. They also are largely disproportionate when it comes to traffic integration due to their relatively slow speeds.

Justification? I'm just wondering what the ticket was for. It very well could have been for ,"INATTENTIVE DRIVING". You might want to drop your emotional baggage and join the lands of realities. People get tired. People drive inattentively. Small bikes on big roads get crushed on. It might as well be a physical law of nature. But you don't drive in cars right? So you don't know all that. No way. You just don't participate. You know... because EVERY ONE of them is a dumb ass right?

You take extra risk riding on the road. That is a fact. It doesn't matter if you draw and quarter the driver with a team of downhill bikes. The danger will do nothing but get WORSE, and your crying will only stress you out.

Damn, I think you just won Dick of the year award!

Biker gets hurt and all you can blab on about is how you feel sorry for the driver?

Does the Devil give you reach-arounds? or does he just pound you in the ass old school style?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBill
    Truly sorry to hear about your friend. BUT...This is why people should ride bikes on trails, bike paths or roads that have SHOULDERS. I drive a bus for a rafting company and I can't tell you how many dumb roadies have almost caused accidents OR nearly gotten themselves KILLED because the roads on some of our mountain passes aren't wide enough to accommodate 2 cars driving in opposing directions AND bikes. On the wknds there is a LOT of auto traffic AND lots of cyclists, so giving space to every rider when there is oncoming traffic isn't a viable option, especially if it's during a steep climb or descent. I come within inches of hitting cyclists probably 10 times a week. If it's between swerving into an oncoming car with 40 lives in my hands, or taking out a roadie, I wouldn't even think twice.
    As a person driving large vehicles on small roads, you sound like a prime candidate for learning how to drive safely and legally. Just because you do it all the time doesn't mean you know what you're doing. Maybe you need to read your drivers guide a few more times. Might want to re-read the cdl guide, too. You are licensed to drive a bus aren't you?

It is the responibility of the person passing to do so safely. If there is no room, slow down and wait. Unless three choices is too much for you or you're driving really cappy busses, there's a third choice beside swerving into oncoming traffic or taking out the roadie, it's called using your brakes.
    Bikeys is good fun!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The guy's point was that it sucks as a driver to hit someone. It's not fun. Use some common sense
    Thanks, Sheldon. You really are the best.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monohan
    Damn, I think you just won Dick of the year award!
    I'm flattered.

Biker gets hurt and all you can blab on about is how you feel sorry for the driver?
    I feel for all parties involved. The trauma involves us all. Just look at how traumatized you are right now over it.

Does the Devil give you reach-arounds? or does he just pound you in the ass old school style?
    My relationship with the fallen angel you call, "Satan", is a private one. Thanks though.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest

-bad rant-

keystone addict
    come on guys. think of the poor lady. that prick riding his bike on the road is causing her serious mental anguish. can we start a fund for her? this amazingly wonderful woman is being victimized by everybody who is mad at her for running over this ignorant biker. she was tired, okay? its not her fault she cant control her car enough to avoid roadies. its the damn rider's fault, obviously. he should be in prison.

29ercolosus (or whatever the f- your name is), please kindly never return to the dh/freeride forum. all you EVER do is start retarded fights.

and to the OP, good luck to your friend, brutha. I really hope he can get back on the bike, asap.
    I kinda wish my brakes actually worked, but I guess that just makes me faster, right?

banned
    come on guys. think of the poor lady. that prick riding his bike on the road is causing her serious mental anguish. can we start a fund for her? this amazingly wonderful woman is being victimized by everybody who is mad at her for running over this ignorant biker. she was tired, okay? its not her fault she cant control her car enough to avoid roadies. its the damn rider's fault, obviously. he should be in prison.

29ercolosus (or whatever the f- your name is), please kindly never return to the dh/freeride forum. all you EVER do is start retarded fights.
    Listen child. I didn't say ANY OF THAT. Accidents on the road are a rough and traumatic situation for ALL INVOLVED. The lady wasn't out head hunting bike riders, OK? It was an accident. She is not a demon. She made a mistake, was cited, and will have to go to court for a judgement. I don't wish that on anyone just as I don't wish someone to be hit by a car and having to deal with the trauma that can indeed come from that. The lady didn't kick your dumb dog OK? Settle down and take it for what it is.

Suck up some reality, and decide if you want to ride the road.

A bike on the road equals a car on the road. Same rules apply. The same rules also apply when accidents happen. Manslaughter is just that. There is no way around it. It isn't anything more because the one killed is on a bike, or in a car. Just as in this case. It was an injury accident. It wasn't an: OMFG! The crazy lady just started mowing down bikes... she was crazy and screaming that bikers were Satan and stuff just killing and killing! OMFG

No... it was an accident. A sad situation for all involved no different than if it was two cars that collided causing a party or more to be injured. Very unfortunate, but you pay to play when you ride on the road under the existing rules. Injured on your bike, or in the your car, the penalty of liability is no different. It is just easier to get hurt on a bike. That isn't the cage drivers fault.

As far as telling others what to do? Why don't you go tell your mom what to do... or maybe your kitty cat OK? Small children on Internet forums don't tell me what to do, OK? I will post where I want when I want.

banned
    -bad rant-
    Yeah... you really showed me. "bad rant". You call that a, "rant"? I really see the error in my ways now. Ya know... having empathy for people involved in an accident? That is just horrible. What I should be doing is calling all drivers, "dumb asses". I should be calling people who get into wrecks, "ignorant". That is productive I'm sure. Accidents? No... it is all intentional. Anyone involved in an accident where someone gets hurt.. well. they should all go to prison! That'll teach em. That is the game we are playing here... the emotional freakshow game? Right?

Ohh wait.... this stuff should only apply if the driver hits and injures a biker! Yeah... that is when it is bad...

People being killed right now! Men, women and children! 125 today. 2 while I write this post.

50,000 people a year dying on the streets of America a year in roadway transportation related accidents is the reality. No one cares. No one is going to jail as a real criminal if they go to jail at all. It is accepted. Society accepts it. When a person gets into their Hummer they accept it. When a person gets into their Prius they accept it. When the Prius gets crunched by the Hummer, it is accepted. And no different, when the bike gets hit by any vehicle, it is accepted. We all go through the legal motions, and move on. We pay more to try and be safe. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. That is the system.

Being on a bike is just being part of that system. It sucks being in an accident while participating in the system, but you can pick a tool to use while participating. Some are more dangerous than others, and the consideration that can be applied to that choice can be very simple, or it can be very complex.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    LOL how are the Underhills these days Fletch?
    (Sorry to derail this thread)...but they are still looking for John Cocktoaston

(I heard his car hit a water buffalo).

keystone addict
    The lady didn't kick your dumb dog OK? Settle down and take it for what it is.

Suck up some reality, and decide if you want to ride the road.

Why don't you go tell your mom what to do... or maybe your kitty cat OK? Small children on Internet forums don't tell me what to do, OK? I will post where I want when I want.

Holy crap you're a b@dass!! . Listen bro. This poor guy started a thread to vent a little pain about his friend getting hurt, and you have totally flipped it into a topic that really doesnt matter as far as his friend is concerned

my dumb dog? WTF?

go tell my mom what to do? my kitty cat? man, you would rule the eighth grade hallway with those lines, dude.

You'll post where you want and where you want. once again, i bow to your bad@ssitude.

local trails rider
    She made a mistake, ...
    I am also curious to know which mistake it was.

I had an accident a few months ago, and I know which mistake the driver did to end up in the crossroads at the same time with me: he knew he was supposed to give way, he knew he was supposed to give way to cyclists too, but he did not see me coming (visibility was only half a mile or so...).

I got the biggest air I have ever had on (or from) a bike but my injuries were limited to a sore wrist for a couple of weeks and scratches on my shins. The bike (old rigid steel mtb) needed new pedals.

The driver was fined and paid my expenses.

Maybe he doesn't know the definition of ignorant. I for one like to read the posts of 29C. Always interesting to see another point of view!

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by wako29
    oh man, I'm the same way. I ride motorcycles all the time, and its just stupid how many times either I get cut off or I see other people get cut off on motorcycles. Just a lot of drivers don't pay attention and are very careless when it comes to anything smaller than a 2-ton car
    Some people are careless anyways. I live in a rich suburban town, drivers are absolutely terrible here. Just today, some guy tried to merge INTO me. I wasn't in his blind spot, there was plenty of room behind and in front of me. I had to swerve into the turn bay to avoid an accident. Some lady in an Escalade was talking on her phone making a left turn. She turned into the far lane, I turned into the near lane. She didn't pay attention and tried to go back into the near lane. I had to punch the accelerator and just missed her by centimeters. She called the cops on me because I "cut her off." At the same intersection, some lady turned from the right lane across 3 lanes to turn left. She almost hit 4 cars, myself included. And she had the nerve to give us all the finger. In parking lots, people drive on the LEFT side, and people back out WITHOUT looking. And I get the evil eye or yelled at for all of this?

Am I completely without fault? Nope. Yeah, I speed occasionally. Have I caused an accident before? Once. Was it my fault? Most definitely. I was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic on a rainy day. The lady in front of me stopped for no apparent reason, the gap to change lanes closed. I was unable to completely stop. Manage to reduce speed from 60mph to under 5. Damage was minimal. But... it was a Lexus... So a 1/8" dent and a scuff equates to a new bumper. I caused an accident, but does that make me ignorant? Or a terrible driver? I don't think so. Maybe I was a little reckless since I was a bit rushed, but the driving ability is there.

People are careless, people are reckless, people are rushed, people are pre-occupied, people are just plain dumb. People are often hippocritical. Accidents DO happen.

Drive and ride defensively.

banned
    Holy crap you're a b@dass!! . Listen bro. This poor guy started a thread to vent a little pain about his friend getting hurt, and you have totally flipped it into a topic that really doesnt matter as far as his friend is concerned

my dumb dog? WTF?

go tell my mom what to do? my kitty cat? man, you would rule the eighth grade hallway with those lines, dude.

You'll post where you want and where you want. once again, i bow to your bad@ssitude.
    I did no such thing. I had empathy for the parties involved. Accidents on the road are sad for everyone. I feel for anyone that has to go through it. I have stated that from the beginning.

If you would curb your emotions and focus on what has been said instead of what you want to have been said, you wouldn't be in the state you are in right now, and I wouldn't have to speak to you on the level you display here to communicate with you.

Accidents are very unfortunate, but this time, the injured party is going to be OK. That is a good thing. It could have very easily gone the other way, and does often enough, but when someone gets injured, don't expect some crazy and irrational undue consideration for anyone because of the type of vehicle they decided to use on the public road system. Don't expect special penalties and judgments because of it. It simply doesn't work like that in reality, and there is absolutely no reason to think that it should.

Trying a little
    The the OP, Healing Vibes to your buddy. More details on the circumstances would be good, this is a discussion board after all, and as much as the first human reaction for a lot of us is to hate the driver, can you explain more how it happened?

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

I did no such thing. I had empathy for the parties involved. Accidents on the road are sad for everyone. I feel for anyone that has to go through it. I have stated that from the beginning.

If you would curb your emotions and focus on what has been said instead of what you want to have been said, you wouldn't be in the state you are in right now, and I wouldn't have to speak to you on the level you display here to communicate with you.

Accidents are very unfortunate, but this time, the injured party is going to be OK. That is a good thing. It could have very easily gone the other way, and does often enough, but when someone gets injured, don't expect some crazy and irrational undue consideration for anyone because of the type of vehicle they decided to use on the public road system. Don't expect special penalties and judgments because of it. It simply doesn't work like that in reality, and there is absolutely no reason to think that it should.
    I think that you are a flame magnet.

Johnny Dependable
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestf
    As a person driving large vehicles on small roads, you sound like a prime candidate for learning how to drive safely and legally. Just because you do it all the time doesn't mean you know what you're doing. Maybe you need to read your drivers guide a few more times. Might want to re-read the cdl guide, too. You are licensed to drive a bus aren't you?

It is the responibility of the person passing to do so safely. If there is no room, slow down and wait. Unless three choices is too much for you or you're driving really cappy busses, there's a third choice beside swerving into oncoming traffic or taking out the roadie, it's called using your brakes.
    Just don't ride your bike on a mountain pass that doesn't have a shoulder, and everything will be fine. If you do your putting your life at risk and perhaps the lives of others.

Also, you obviously have never driven large commercial vehicles. If you had you would understand that hitting the brakes while driving a 40 passenger bus up/down a steep grade towing 5, 12 foot rafts tied down to a 15 foot trailer around a windy road while trying to maintain speed isn't the safest driving situation. Come back and debate this with me when you have your CDL and some commercial driving experience.
    Last edited by BigBill; 07-21-2007 at 12:24 AM.

mtbr member

Accident details

Thanks for all the support.
    I just got back from the hospital and here are the details:
    My buddy was cruising thru a busy intersection and had the green light. This lady was turning left and NOT paying attention and proceeded left without seeing my friend basically pulling right into his path. He hit her side fender and flew thru the air into her windshield and rolled into oncoming traffic who, thank the lord, stopped quickly to assist. He did suffer a fracture of his left leg below the knee and will have reconstructive surgery on Sunday. She was ticketed for failure to yield right of way. She was also distraught over the incident, very shaken up and apologetic. Bottom line tho is she nearly killed my friend because she wasn't paying full attention to the road. Sure could sure use some prayers right now to make sure he heals up 100%. He's done for the year and I was really looking forward to Crankworx with him this coming week. I'm saddened beyond words. He still wants to go but I'm not even sure he'll be able to hobble around there next weekend. He's upbeat tho, told me that's because he's just happy to be alive right now!

Thanks for the kind responses,

G MAN

PS - Thread wasn't started to hate on the driver. Just wanted some support and maybe to shed some light on being more aware of what's goin on when driving and to try to be safe when riding. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Gman086; 07-21-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086
    This lady was turning left and NOT paying attention to anything but AUTOS and proceeded left without seeing my friend basically pulling right into his path. He hit her side fender and flew thru the air thru her windshield and rolled into oncoming traffic who, thank the lord, stopped quickly to assist. He did suffer a compound fracture of his left leg below the knee and will have reconstructive surgery on Sunday. She was ticketed for failure to yield right of way. She was also traumatized by the incident, very shaken up and apologetic.
    I suppose that is a pretty typical situation, unfortunately. From the description, it sounds like this could have ended even worse (not much of a consolation, I guess).

Hope your frind recovers quickly. Bones will heal but the pain, shock and frustration must be bad enough.

In traffic, I try to give the appearance that I am going to stick to my "rights" but still leave myself room to avoid collisions, in case somebody else fails to fulfill their obligations. I put "rights" in quotes, here, because people do not have rights in traffic. There's just obligations to follow the rules and to avoid hurting others.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Having read the details, I still find nothing that defines the lady as ignorant.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by poordad
    Having read the details, I still find nothing that defines the lady as ignorant.
    Whatever. That is not one of the main points here. One of the points is that she did not do what she was supposed to do: yield the way to a cyclist.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Some people are careless anyways. I live in a rich suburban town, drivers are absolutely terrible here. Just today, some guy tried to merge INTO me. I wasn't in his blind spot, there was plenty of room behind and in front of me. I had to swerve into the turn bay to avoid an accident. Some lady in an Escalade was talking on her phone making a left turn. She turned into the far lane, I turned into the near lane. She didn't pay attention and tried to go back into the near lane. I had to punch the accelerator and just missed her by centimeters. She called the cops on me because I "cut her off." At the same intersection, some lady turned from the right lane across 3 lanes to turn left. She almost hit 4 cars, myself included. And she had the nerve to give us all the finger. In parking lots, people drive on the LEFT side, and people back out WITHOUT looking. And I get the evil eye or yelled at for all of this?

Am I completely without fault? Nope. Yeah, I speed occasionally. Have I caused an accident before? Once. Was it my fault? Most definitely. I was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic on a rainy day. The lady in front of me stopped for no apparent reason, the gap to change lanes closed. I was unable to completely stop. Manage to reduce speed from 60mph to under 5. Damage was minimal. But... it was a Lexus... So a 1/8" dent and a scuff equates to a new bumper. I caused an accident, but does that make me ignorant? Or a terrible driver? I don't think so. Maybe I was a little reckless since I was a bit rushed, but the driving ability is there.

People are careless, people are reckless, people are rushed, people are pre-occupied, people are just plain dumb. People are often hippocritical. Accidents DO happen.

Drive and ride defensively.
    holy crap took the words right out of my mouth
    '05 p.2
    tryin to have fun on a college budget, and doin a pretty good job of it

long standing member
    Just don't ride your bike on a mountain pass that doesn't have a shoulder, and everything will be fine. If you do your putting your life at risk and perhaps the lives of others.

Also, you obviously have never driven large commercial vehicles. If you had you would understand that hitting the brakes while driving a 40 passenger bus up/down a steep grade towing 5, 12 foot rafts tied down to a 15 foot trailer around a windy road while trying to maintain speed isn't the safest driving situation. Come back and debate this with me when you have your CDL and some commercial driving experience.
    I hope your posts here are an attempt at some kind of twisted sarcasm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    nothing new here... ride on the road ride at your own risk.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    wow ok I was about to flam the hell out of you, you know personal attacks and other probably mesed up coments, but I decided not to get all pissed and argue with some dumb dyk over the internet

remind me never to ride in CO

banned
    wow ok I was about to flam the hell out of you, you know personal attacks and other probably mesed up coments, but I decided not to get all pissed and argue with some dumb dyk over the internet
    Good plan.

remind me never to ride in CO
    Don't ever ride in Colorado.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigred67
    I think that you are a flame magnet.

flame magnet more like a FLAMER magnet, get it, flamer

GET OFF MY DH FOURM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is susposed to be the "cool kids" fourm

the target bike basher
    I dont belive in lawsuits, but id sue this lady blue
    Go hit some more two foot plywood jumps in your culdesack on your toys'r'us magma

banned
    flame magnet more like a FLAMER magnet, get it, flamer

GET OFF MY DH FOURM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is susposed to be the "cool kids" fourm
    Yeah... you are real cool. You really have it all under control don't you? Just another cool kid in the cool kids forum.

You can end your madness at any time you feel it is appropriate to make the decision to do so. You do that by ignoring me if what I say bothers you.

Thanks. I hope I was helpful. If you have any questions or issues with the points I have offered here, feel free to ask questions for clarity and comprehension.

Thanks again. Here is a happy trout!

Yeah... you are real cool. You really have it all under control don't you? Just another cool kid in the cool kids forum.

You can end your madness at any time you feel it is appropriate to make the decision to do so. You do that by ignoring me if what I say bothers you.

Thanks. I hope I was helpful. If you have any questions or issues with the points I have offered here, feel free to ask questions for clarity and comprehension.

Once again you morons forgot to put on the flame retardant suits before entering the inernets. 29C has his on!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    kinda hard when they're closing trails at an exponential rate.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The roadies can argue about their "rights" all day and night, but in an argument with 4000+ lbs of metal, they will always lose. Rights don't do you much good when you're dead and indignance is poor succor when you're in the hospital. If you ride road miles long enough, it's just a matter of time until something happens no matter how safe you ride and how good your handling skills.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That stupid water buffalo. Did he sue?

29colossus has some valid points, and he gets my respect for posting them, especially because he can write properly. Seriously, you look a LOT smarter if you can 'rite widout tallkin like a foo lolol.'

Even then, arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard (not much offense intended O_o),

*lmao I will just take myself out of this situation..*

mtbr member
    >>If you ride road miles long enough, it's just a matter of time until something happens no matter how safe you ride and how good your handling skills.<<

I'd have to agree which is why I choose to ride the road only to get to local trails! My buddy is a sponsored rider tho and does it for training purposes. After this incident I'm sure rollers are looking a lot more enticing! You know Portland is usually voted tops (or at least top 5) for bike friendly cities, there WAS a bike lane where he got nailed but none of that matters. I've heard of more bike-car accidents here in Portland than any other place I've lived. Now that may be in part because Portland has more cyclists but bottom line is no road is safe and that is a sad fact.

B Safe,

G MAN

PS - My friend is likey planning legal action against the driver based on the extent of the injury and how well he's able to recover from it. Only time will tell.

Mountain Biker

Do you like men?
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by balfabiker22
    Do you like men?
    Wha?

Of course I like men. We are on the same team! We rule the world! I don't like us all the time... we make some bad decisions sometimes, but we are getting the job done. We are great.

I like women to now that I am thinking about it. Our team needs women. They temper our irrational decision making, and they make us rounder as individuals and as a whole. They are also great fun to have sex with. Many of us men participate in that activity as well.

You should try that out sometime. That is if you are so inclined. Someone is out there for you. I know it. It just isn't me. I hope I've been fair with you. I'm sorry.

The Real Blade

No Street For Me

I'll pray for your pal.Reading all this confirms my attitude of staying out of the street as much as possible.In most places the odds are against us.People hear my motorcyle before it is seen.The roar makes them look around.They don't hear bicycles.
    Even by the church where we park to ride Laguna Woods the cars are going way too fast.Down here at the beach,packs of roadies hang out in the street in a defiant manner.Years ago my friend Jim Madden was killed on PCH between Laguna and Corona Del Mar.He was a pro too.Also one of the coolest people I've known.I'm glad your friend is going to recover. Blade

dirt rules
    I've smacked cars in EXACTLy the same way. Bikes, motorcycles, pedestrians, they all seem to sometimes become invisible to people in cars.
    I hope your buddy heals up fast, and you get to go to Whistler together next year! I can relate to that part too, my friend broke his collarbone 5 days before we were to go there 2 years ago.

Mountain Biker
    Wha?

Of course I like men. We are on the same team! We rule the world! I don't like us all the time... we make some bad decisions sometimes, but we are getting the job done. We are great.

I like women to now that I am thinking about it. Our team needs women. They temper our irrational decision making, and they make us rounder as individuals and as a whole. They are also great fun to have sex with. Many of us men participate in that activity as well.

You should try that out sometime. That is if you are so inclined. Someone is out there for you. I know it. It just isn't me. I hope I've been fair with you. I'm sorry.
    Oh, well seeing that your gay can you leave.
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

Members who have read this thread: 0