My nitrous needs new cranks..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

My nitrous needs new cranks..

So I need to throw some new cranks on my Scott Nitrous and this is one part of the bike I still do not understand. I know I am gonna go with a double chain ring, light as I can find, bb incl, and under $150. Now what I don't know: Isis or X type or whatever other type there is out there?? What else do I need to install it?? I know my BB size, but is there anything else I need to know about or reasons why it wouldn't fit. Thanks for the help.

Meh.
    I'll sell you my Saint cranks for 150 with a new BB, no chainrings. Pitch in a few bucks, and I'll include XT 32/22 rings and a FSA poly bash. The cranks are strong and well thought-out. Weight is reasonable for this type of crank.

ISIS bbs will wear out very quickly. To make the spindles larger, the bearings used had to be very very small.

Nope, as long as you know the shell width and spindle length, you're good. There are some funky variations, but they're not common. You have a euro bb.

You'll need the appropriate bottom bracket tool for whichever bottom bracket you use.

Members who have read this thread: 0