My Love: 66RC2X :D :D :D- Mtbr.com
    MTBR Mafia

My Love: 66RC2X :D :D :D

Well today was the first ride on the new fork where it actually felt broken in. prior to this, the travel was smooth but not the butter is was expecting. When i heard it took a while to brake in, i thought it would go gradual and not really be noticeable. boy was i wrong, tonight was a huge huge difference. i even rode to my buddies house and he immediately said the fork felt waay better.

Went for a long ride today and it absolutely blew me away. It was so supple and ramped up awesome. I can use all but half an inch bouncing on the fork but still take the 6 footers without getting to close to bottoming. It tracks amazing and is so damn smooth. i really cant stop thinking about it. Did i mention how smooth it is?

I have time on the 66 RC, VF, and RC2X that were all broken in and the rc2x blows them away in every aspect. While the RC was close, the difference is enough to compensate for the price.

Now i have yet to do an oil change, got the oil at home though, and still havent messed with the X cartridge as the knob fell off the first ride even though i checked it twice for tightness.

All i can say is that if you are all skeptical or hesitant toward the $ for this fork, come up with the money somehow because you will be absolutely blown away.

Now just to hit some 10+ footers and change the oil and tune the X cartidge.

Oh man im gonna go hop around the heighborhood

All Mountain was so 2005

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    Pix?!!

MTBR Mafia
    Just the one in my sig for now.

More to come soon though
    All Mountain was so 2005

MTBR Mafia
    Trying to get some real pics of the fork but doesnt seem to be letting me.

Oh well, I'll try again tommorrow
    All Mountain was so 2005

Glad to Be Alive
    congrats to you...I am debating on dumping the 66 on my Azonic saber for a Super T....just don't know yet
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    congrats to you...I am debating on dumping the 66 on my Azonic saber for a Super T....just don't know yet
    I'd probably stick with the 66 for now and upgrade when something really sick comes out, switching from a 66 to a super T would probably make a really minimal difference and not be worth whatever money, time, or effort you put into it. Where as that same money could go towards whatever pimp forks hit the market in the coming year. The new RS totem or whatever its called may be quite the contender. I really want to demo the new Boxxer WC, and Marzo may have something great up their sleeve. Not sure what to expect out of fox or manitou.

Members who have read this thread: 0