my delima...- Mtbr.com

Thread: my delima...

mtbr member
    May 2004

my delima...

alright. i got a problem. i have a pretty sweet freeride bike that i just dumped a ton of money into, but the more i ride, the less freeriding i do and the more trials/street stuff i am trying. i just seem for me coming from a newschool skiing background, the street riding really relates more with a little more emphisis on the tech side than the balls out, go huge attitude of freeriding. i still dig it, but around here, there just isnt much for terrain. i rode out in utah and wyoming earlier this year and it just makes ohio look so bad. so i have decided that i would seriously consider selling my baby for a nice street/trials rig. i dont want a real gnarly thing, just a nice clean simple hardtail. i would like to see at least a grand in the bank after im done, cause i gotta save for college next year. my question is, how much do you guys think i could get for my bike? should i do it? ive put a ton into this bike, in building it (money and time), but i really havnt been toO stoked on ridding it.

heres the specs.

Frame: 2002 large Iron Horse g-spot. very nice condition, no dents, gouges or nuthin. bare frame with matte clear and a few stencils and stickers. All new bushings and bearings
    Fork: 2003 Marzocchi Jr T, lowers are also bare with clear. some scrapes on the lowers, but the stanchions are perfect. brand new seals, completely rebuilt. about 20 hrs on it. QR-20 axle.
    Shock: Brand new Manitou swinger 6 way, about 8 inches in the rear, replacing a blown out fox vanilla rc, much better geometry, great stability at speed, but good low speed handling too.
    Crankset: Truvativ Gigapipe DH, husselfelt cranks, (both brand new) old easton pedals, new salsa 24 34 th chainrings with a massive custom aluminum alloy bashring. (the thing is HUGE!)
    Drivetrain: Sram X-9 rear, shifters, pretty much new, some scratches, XT frt, Sram cassette & Chain, both in good shape.
    Headset: FSA Pig DH Pro
    Wheels: Sun Ringle Rhinolites, origanal, but still true, no dents or nuthin, some fading of the anodized finish (turning gold from black)
    tires: brand new 2.6 kenda kinetics.
    Brakes: Hayes HFX-Mags, G1 caliper+master cylinder new lines, Bare calipers with clear, new pads, real thick 8 inch hope rotors
    Other Stuff: brand new ODI ruffian grips, intergrated stem, Titec Ringleader bar

after typing this, it makes it really hard for me to want to get red of it, but i know a hardtail would def fit me better. if anybody wants to make an offer, go ahead. i would really like to at least see 2000. also, anbody got any suggestions for a nice alu street frame? im thinkin Soulcycles, chameleon, the Chase, posibbly the new giant one (havent seen it yet, sounds good though)

Anyway thanks,

peace

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    everybody seems to be happy with the soul cycles titan...

banned
    Dec 2003

Where are you in Ohio?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio_Huck
    alright. i got a problem. i have a pretty sweet freeride bike that i just dumped a ton of money into, but the more i ride, the less freeriding i do and the more trials/street stuff i am trying. i just seem for me coming from a newschool skiing background, the street riding really relates more with a little more emphisis on the tech side than the balls out, go huge attitude of freeriding. i still dig it, but around here, there just isnt much for terrain. i rode out in utah and wyoming earlier this year and it just makes ohio look so bad. so i have decided that i would seriously consider selling my baby for a nice street/trials rig. i dont want a real gnarly thing, just a nice clean simple hardtail. i would like to see at least a grand in the bank after im done, cause i gotta save for college next year. my question is, how much do you guys think i could get for my bike? should i do it? ive put a ton into this bike, in building it (money and time), but i really havnt been toO stoked on ridding it.

peace
    I spend quite a bit of time in Cincy, always wondered what the scene there was (if any)....

E

mtbr member
    May 2004
    l ive in cleveland, east side. theres no scene. however, i might be spending the summer out west, so i really dont wanna get red of my bike just yet. anybody know of a dirtcheap bike with decent ****? i might jack this kids kona chute. now before everybody starts *****in, i would never steal a riders rig. but this kid is a rich, spoiled dick head, and he hasnt touched the thing in like 2 years. its just his A-B ride. he doesnt even know what brand or model it is. ill strip it down, put som hookworms on, hayes brakes, and maybe a DJ.

Xtremely Moderate
    l ive in cleveland, east side. theres no scene. however, i might be spending the summer out west, so i really dont wanna get red of my bike just yet. anybody know of a dirtcheap bike with decent ****? i might jack this kids kona chute. now before everybody starts *****in, i would never steal a riders rig. but this kid is a rich, spoiled dick head, and he hasnt touched the thing in like 2 years. its just his A-B ride. he doesnt even know what brand or model it is. ill strip it down, put som hookworms on, hayes brakes, and maybe a DJ.
    Feel for ya man. I used to live on the E side of Cleveland, and you're right. Once you go out West, Ohio seems even flatter.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    stealing bicycles will destroy your soul.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Why sell it? Buy a cheap small size xc bike for a couple hundred and do your trials on that. If something breaks, grab a part off your "g-spot". That way if you want to go out and go big you'll still have the big bike.
    You won't get much at all if you try to sell your old bike.
    Last edited by TWISTED; 08-17-2004 at 04:25 PM.

mtbr member

heres the specs.

Frame: 2002 large Iron Horse g-spot. very nice condition, no dents, gouges or nuthin. bare frame with matte clear and a few stencils and stickers. All new bushings and bearings
    Fork: 2003 Marzocchi Jr T, lowers are also bare with clear. some scrapes on the lowers, but the stanchions are perfect. brand new seals, completely rebuilt. about 20 hrs on it. QR-20 axle.
    Shock: Brand new Manitou swinger 6 way, about 8 inches in the rear, replacing a blown out fox vanilla rc, much better geometry, great stability at speed, but good low speed handling too.
    Crankset: Truvativ Gigapipe DH, husselfelt cranks, (both brand new) old easton pedals, new salsa 24 34 th chainrings with a massive custom aluminum alloy bashring. (the thing is HUGE!)
    Drivetrain: Sram X-9 rear, shifters, pretty much new, some scratches, XT frt, Sram cassette & Chain, both in good shape.
    Headset: FSA Pig DH Pro
    Wheels: Sun Ringle Rhinolites, origanal, but still true, no dents or nuthin, some fading of the anodized finish (turning gold from black)
    tires: brand new 2.6 kenda kinetics.
    Brakes: Hayes HFX-Mags, G1 caliper+master cylinder new lines, Bare calipers with clear, new pads, real thick 8 inch hope rotors
    Other Stuff: brand new ODI ruffian grips, intergrated stem, Titec Ringleader bar

after typing this, it makes it really hard for me to want to get red of it, but i know a hardtail would def fit me better. if anybody wants to make an offer, go ahead. i would really like to at least see 2000. also, anbody got any suggestions for a nice alu street frame? im thinkin Soulcycles, chameleon, the Chase, posibbly the new giant one (havent seen it yet, sounds good though)

Anyway thanks,

peace
    in case you havent noticed, supergo is selling the 04 ih sgs dh pro for 1400 bucks. i would guess your two year old g spot with longer stroke shock and jr t would be worth maybe 1000. dream on if you think anyone will pay 2k for a used bike with jrt.
    Divide Bike Bags

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    2002 large Iron Horse g-spot? What is that?
    It's a bike that iron horse made in 2002.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

SamIAm
    yeah soul cycles it the bomb. but if you want a bike that can do some trails to look at the Haro escape series. they kick ass.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    "i might jack this kids kona chute"

If you steal a bike YOU are the dick, and chances are good karma will bite you in the ass. You will crash hard. And you'll deserve it.

Dude, maybe you can offer to buy the thing from him or something, if not look elsewhere.

mtbr member
    What the F is wrong with you, talking about stealing someones bike?
    You must be one dumb motherFer, especially since you have just described on the most popular public MTB website where you live and the details of the bike you ride.
    If he doesn't ride it much why don't you be a man and walk up to him and offer to BUY it, instead of stealing it like a punk?

V10 Freerider
    What a dumba$$ comment to make....
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race