Muddin'!!!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Muddin'!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

New question here. Muddin'!!!

I am sick of cleaning the swing link in my FXR every week b/c of all the trash my rear tire sends into it. Is there a company that makes frame specific mud flaps for rear tires? I've seen some Turners with some nince "from the factory flaps" but Foes hasn't seen the need yet.

Former Noob Herder
    there are some rear fender kits like from THE or some chepo kits from dept. store type places. It might be worth picking up a cheapo kit and modding it the specifically protect the linkage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    there are some rear fender kits like from THE or some chepo kits from dept. store type places. It might be worth picking up a cheapo kit and modding it the specifically protect the linkage.
    I just wasn't lookinf forward to trying to make something fit...I just don't like jerry rigging...or maybe i'm lazy and would rather pay for someone else to do all the hard work.

Glad to Be Alive
    cut a plastic water bottle up and then duct tape it on
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Sedona, Az USA
    im going to make something like a mud flat. my brooklyn has a fender to protect the upper part of the shock from the mud and crud but down below, the links and shock are wide open to rocks and mud.

I am looking for sheets of thick rubber material and am looking at zip tying or pop-riveting the flap down there, low right in front of the rear tire.