mtb park in Mississauga Ont- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

mtb park in Mississauga Ont

To all riders in the southern ontario area the city of mississauga has leased 8.4 acres of land for a mtb park. The location is just north of the 403 (it runs parallel to it) and credit view (between erin mills and mavis). The park will feature north shore styled ladder bridges and drops, a dirt jump section, natural bowl with a table top and a trials section. It will also feature an xc loop around the perimeter of the park, but the main focus of the park is aggresive riding. IMBA is helping out as well as the city but we need volunteers to help build. So please e-mail me at tuggie40(at)hotmail.com or stop bye the cyclepath on burnhamthorpe and ask for James. Help spread the word, ground breaking is early april!

James Reid

Hardtail Freak
    Amen to that brotha, the first time I heard about this was August 04 so I'm glad they are finally going ahead with the plans. Sounds like it's going to be pretty good too if IMBA is helping out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey James when is the sign up for volunteers or do you just show up?

Feb 2004

volunteers

hey matt just e-mail youre info and ill ad you to the list, ill make up a sign up sheet for the shop when im there tomorrow. hows the sasquatch running?
    tuggie40(at)hotmail.com

Glad to Be Alive
    how cool is that....good luck with it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    man i love it so far, i went for a ride with Mike and Yurich (hope thats how its spelled) on saturday, both are riding trails so i mostly just watched them, but the bike feels sweet. wut info do you need me to email you? And my friend says he is gonna help out as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    oops i ment to say they were riding trials not trails.

Feb 2004
    all i need is youre e-mail address and ill ad it to the list, theres another planning meeting coming up. After that ill have more information and hopefully well have some sponcors coming aboard as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It is extremely cool! Cooler yet because of the fact that tonnes of the stunts on private (and some public) land have been torn down in the area due to liability issues...not that there was ever a park like this in the first place.

I don't know these guys at all but am totally excited by what they are doing, and will definitely be out there in the spring doing whatever I can. Hopefully the rest of the Toronto guys on here will be as well....

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    how cool is that....good luck with it

T.Dot Represent
    isnt it a bit cold to be ridin? ull do some damage to ur bike if you do...

that sounds sweet i hope they do some more modifications to the don this year...
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

There's no app for this.

good stuff tuggy

for 15 years I lived near Erindale/Credit, and had to poach the park between Dundas and Burnhamthorpe.

If I can throw in my .02, drainage and good mineral soil will save your bacon; I recall coming out of the wood 35k heavier with mud, and it was clay like and hard to remove. don't forget, Cooksville brickworks was at Mavis/Dundas for many years, that clay soil is murder.

Good luck youse guys. As I'm in BC now I can't help BUT, here are a few real helpers from the Norshore for you. Link
    here's how to not do it

and here's some tips for the right way

Start looking for some good fallen cedar, yes I know it's scarce.

Last edited by JimC.; 02-01-2005 at 11:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hey, does anybody know if this park is still open? I'm looking to get into mountain biking this year and I can't seem to find ANYWHERE in the area (mississauga) to ride .
    Any help?