MTB Flats Cheap!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

MTB Flats Cheap!

Just wanted to let u guys know there are some Sombrio shoes for cheap. Just ordered 2 pairs last week for $55 plus free 2day shipping. I got them last week, but haven't ridden them other than just a quick spin in the driveway. Grip is pretty damn good (not 5.10 good but close). I figured the price was worth the shot. sombrio shoes - Search Results | Backcountry.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i have ordered cheapo sombrio shoes before, dont see my model but its been holding up great

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have about 4 pairs I got cheap, but not as cheap as recent sales. Theyre pretty good. Holds up about a year before the bottoms start feeling loose on the pins.

beater

MTB Flats Cheap!

About the same for me. I got a little over a year out of them before the soles were too torn up. I had a seam blow in a few months, but that was mostly an annoyance.

They aren't as good as 5.10s, but not a bad option at that price.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Glad to hear the positive feedback, I figured they would last at least a season of just DH. I had seen this review before I pulled the trigger Sombrio Shazam Mid-Top Shoes - Reviews, Comparisons, Specs - Mountain Bike Flat Pedal Shoes - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I had them for 2 seasons, but i don't ride that often

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by danglingmanhood View Post
    Glad to hear the positive feedback, I figured they would last at least a season of just DH. I had seen this review before I pulled the trigger Sombrio Shazam Mid-Top Shoes - Reviews, Comparisons, Specs - Mountain Bike Flat Pedal Shoes - Vital MTB
    I put most of my thoughts here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/apparel-prote...es-785384.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Bought 2 pairs of the low floats for $33 each. Rode with them twice so far. Feels stiffer around the foot than my Freeriders when they were new and sole is not as thick as the 5-10's. I can feel the pedals more with the Sombrios. Not a bad thing, just noticeable. Hopefully the shoe around the ankles will break in and soften a bit. I got the white/blue/orange ones which are a nice break from all the black/gray shoes I have. Fits better than I thought they would. I'm normally a size 9.5-10 and lots of reviews said they run pretty big, but 9.5's fit just right with thick Defeet socks. Great price and so far so good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    So evasive are you still rocking the Sombrios? Good review by the way.

beater

MTB Flats Cheap!

Thanks. No, they're played out. They don't stay put on my Cramp Ults very well anymore. I pulled my 4-year old Impacts out of retirement for the fall, and I'll buy some Impact VXis next spring. I think they'll be a lot more comfortable than the original Impacts; closer to the comfort level of the Sombrios.