Mt Snow, decent for DH?- Mtbr.com
    New project, TBA shortly

Mt Snow, decent for DH?

hey, what's the deal with Mt Snow as a DH mtn? Was looking to head up to Killington sometime in June to do some un-core DH with my GF. She's still learning, and Killington's a pretty good place to do it, with wide, relatively easy trails to cruise down. For me its still a blast seeing how fast you can go on wide-open fireroads with full-blown DH bikes and 2000' of vertical. However, Killington doesn't open till July, and I'm booked solid through August. So, how's Mt Snow for easy DH? I raced the Expert course at last year's NORBA there, so not looking forward to the mud at Mt Snow in June, but wondering if its worth the trip?

Thanks!

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    hey, what's the deal with Mt Snow as a DH mtn? Was looking to head up to Killington sometime in June to do some un-core DH with my GF. She's still learning, and Killington's a pretty good place to do it, with wide, relatively easy trails to cruise down. For me its still a blast seeing how fast you can go on wide-open fireroads with full-blown DH bikes and 2000' of vertical. However, Killington doesn't open till July, and I'm booked solid through August. So, how's Mt Snow for easy DH? I raced the Expert course at last year's NORBA there, so not looking forward to the mud at Mt Snow in June, but wondering if its worth the trip?

Thanks!

just came back from opening weekend. even on opening weekend there were probably 30 bikers there. there def are some easy, wide, trails. and if you want do bomb down the trail, it def it awesome too. where are you located? how long of a ride is it? i live in southern CT and 3 hour drive and it was worth it.

banned
    its a fun place, once the top of the mountain opens their are alot of uphills, if your closer to diablo check that place out too.

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumbullfreeride
    its a fun place, once the top of the mountain opens their are alot of uphills, if your closer to diablo check that place out too.
    Ha, I've been at Diablo since its been open this year (both weekends), and will definitely be making half a dozen trips to Platt or so. Just looking for something that my gf can ride as well, before trying to bring her to diablo or platt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    Ha, I've been at Diablo since its been open this year (both weekends), and will definitely be making half a dozen trips to Platt or so. Just looking for something that my gf can ride as well, before trying to bring her to diablo or platt.
    I was there opening weekend, what were you riding? (Or should i say wearing, i know you were riding a Sunday...)

I was on a Red Demo 9 w/ DH40 and had a Blue bell Bellistic helmet and a Black Sombrio shirt over my Dainese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    I was there opening weekend, what were you riding? (Or should i say wearing, i know you were riding a Sunday...)

I was on a Red Demo 9 w/ DH40 and had a Blue bell Bellistic helmet and a Black Sombrio shirt over my Dainese.
    grey sunday team, grey fox 40, black IH jersey, blue helmet, yellow gloves, purple moons, green clovers, oh what were we talking about?

Team
    If you want a good challenge head over to Attitash in NH.