Mt Snow, decent for DH?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    New project, TBA shortly
    Reputation: dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,024

    Mt Snow, decent for DH?

    hey, what's the deal with Mt Snow as a DH mtn? Was looking to head up to Killington sometime in June to do some un-core DH with my GF. She's still learning, and Killington's a pretty good place to do it, with wide, relatively easy trails to cruise down. For me its still a blast seeing how fast you can go on wide-open fireroads with full-blown DH bikes and 2000' of vertical. However, Killington doesn't open till July, and I'm booked solid through August. So, how's Mt Snow for easy DH? I raced the Expert course at last year's NORBA there, so not looking forward to the mud at Mt Snow in June, but wondering if its worth the trip?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    Reputation: themarsvolta55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    hey, what's the deal with Mt Snow as a DH mtn? Was looking to head up to Killington sometime in June to do some un-core DH with my GF. She's still learning, and Killington's a pretty good place to do it, with wide, relatively easy trails to cruise down. For me its still a blast seeing how fast you can go on wide-open fireroads with full-blown DH bikes and 2000' of vertical. However, Killington doesn't open till July, and I'm booked solid through August. So, how's Mt Snow for easy DH? I raced the Expert course at last year's NORBA there, so not looking forward to the mud at Mt Snow in June, but wondering if its worth the trip?

    Thanks!

    just came back from opening weekend. even on opening weekend there were probably 30 bikers there. there def are some easy, wide, trails. and if you want do bomb down the trail, it def it awesome too. where are you located? how long of a ride is it? i live in southern CT and 3 hour drive and it was worth it.

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: Trumbullfreeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    60
    its a fun place, once the top of the mountain opens their are alot of uphills, if your closer to diablo check that place out too.

  4. #4
    New project, TBA shortly
    Reputation: dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumbullfreeride
    its a fun place, once the top of the mountain opens their are alot of uphills, if your closer to diablo check that place out too.
    Ha, I've been at Diablo since its been open this year (both weekends), and will definitely be making half a dozen trips to Platt or so. Just looking for something that my gf can ride as well, before trying to bring her to diablo or platt.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    Ha, I've been at Diablo since its been open this year (both weekends), and will definitely be making half a dozen trips to Platt or so. Just looking for something that my gf can ride as well, before trying to bring her to diablo or platt.
    I was there opening weekend, what were you riding? (Or should i say wearing, i know you were riding a Sunday...)

    I was on a Red Demo 9 w/ DH40 and had a Blue bell Bellistic helmet and a Black Sombrio shirt over my Dainese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  6. #6
    New project, TBA shortly
    Reputation: dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    I was there opening weekend, what were you riding? (Or should i say wearing, i know you were riding a Sunday...)

    I was on a Red Demo 9 w/ DH40 and had a Blue bell Bellistic helmet and a Black Sombrio shirt over my Dainese.
    grey sunday team, grey fox 40, black IH jersey, blue helmet, yellow gloves, purple moons, green clovers, oh what were we talking about?

  7. #7
    Team
    Reputation: DHbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,194
    If you want a good challenge head over to Attitash in NH.

Similar Threads

  1. How is the riding at Mt. Snow?
    By glorth2 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 11:36 AM
  2. Mt. Snow Camping
    By mxrider489 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 01:39 PM
  3. pre snow rocky mt ride
    By ignazjr in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:52 AM
  4. Mt snow?
    By smerusi in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 07:16 PM
  5. Chris Vandine - 2nd American at Mt. Snow...
    By Scott@GO-RIDE.com in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 06:48 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.