Mr. Dirt- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mr. Dirt

Team

Mr. Dirt

How are the Mr. Dirt Downhill chainguides supposed to be? Thanks.

l337 |31k3r
    I forgot where I heard it from, but I know I did. Well...from what I "hear" there nice, and a decent price. Only problem you dont see a million people out there with them as you do with mrp's and evil's. HUMM
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramatica
    Only problem you dont see a million people out there with them as you do with mrp's and evil's. HUMM
    All the more reason to get one, except for the HUMM.

is faster than you

i had one

i loved mine, my chain never came off ever. and it made the coolest wiiirrrring sound. it was heavy but strong. if you are wondering why i loved it but dont have it any more, my bike got stolen like a year ago. since then ive had 5 different frames

l337 |31k3r
    Dh....simply said that for the tried and true policy.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    May 2004

Good job! mr dirt

i have one on 02 m1. i had a mrp that i couldn't get adjusted right. the piece of crap dropped my chain every time i rode. switched to mr dirt and never lost a chain again. i had it set w/ the top pulley to high and it self destructed, but they sent me a new set for free overnight. i give them mad props.

Pro Crastinator
    the gizmo is the best guide in the world.....

well, my world at least. it is 10x stronger than the MRP and mad quieter also... the way the guide goes together, it is not possible for the chail to fall off, unlike being wedged under the rollers of the MRP.....
    the outer bash plate is super strong and thick, and will not bent easily.... combine that with the super stiff inner plate, and you have a bomb proof guide (i've folded/broken the thin plates on the MRP several times).....
    a couple of times, i've even called about a small part or two, and and was sent practically half of a guide at no cost........

i would never buy a different guide as long as they produce them....

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    I've heard from a few peeps and read in a couple mags that supposedly their one of the best guides made, but a bit tricky to setup. Allot of small parts like washers and such. I have a couple friends that run them and have never heard one complaint. And as WCH said their customer service is supposed to be top notch.

I'd probably try one, except I haven't had much luck with metal bashguards.

Team
    In that case. I think I am ordering one. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great chain guide. It is a little loud but your chain will never ever ever ever fall off. I have been running them for a few years on every DH bike I have ever had.

Members who have read this thread: 0