Mount Snow- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mount Snow

mtbr member

Mount Snow

I am heading out to Vermont Monday for nationals. Any word on the course? I heard it's relatively new. Is it pedally? Anyone have pics? Also, what tires work well up there? Would minions or a timberwolf be good? Also, how's the dual course? I did a search and didn't come up with much. Should be fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Which event are you racing? I worked at Mt Snow for three years so I know all the courses way too well. The DH course will run from the summit and they decide on the course the week before the race. They only people who know what the DH course is now are the people setting it up. If it helps, I always ran Minions at about 20 psi on the Mount Snow trails. They worked great for the mix of muddy and fast terrain.

Same goes for dual slalom, they'll build it the week before and it won't be open until first day of practice.

Also take into consideration that the weather in that part of VT is unpredictable. It will rain very hard at a moments notice. Part of the mountain drys fast, other parts are always muddy. Just don't plan on it being 100% dry.

Hope this helps.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member
    "Beg/Sport course is same as SoBe DH #2 course that was rained out. NEW PRO DH, SUPER D is brand new, XC as always will be one of the most challenging in the sport and the dual track got great reviews from our first event of the season."

quoted from Greg Fisher, Marketing & Event Operations Director

Members who have read this thread: 0