Motoxpro and his Demo-9......- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 56 of 56
  1. #1
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435

    Motoxpro and his Demo-9......

    well today we went out and broke it in. maybe he will chime in and tell you about the ride quality.......
    the first pic was a monster tripple. i know there is a small double there but he blasted it to the new landing of the tripple, almost out of the screen. then some more random gap/drop pics.....
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 01-23-2007 at 10:01 AM.


  2. #2
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Looks sweet WCH!
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  3. #3
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...wow...?

    THAT IS SOOOOOOO TIGHT!!!!!!

  4. #4
    l337 |31k3r
    Reputation: Gramatica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    962
    Wow.... I stand corrected. Some sweet pics.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

    Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

  5. #5
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    nice pics WCH. when I get the right size shock for my bike we should go hit up those trails... That triple is long awaited, everyone always overclears that jump on there first try, but i don't really see a landing..

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    47
    sweeeeeeet
    Spankin StabPrimo-- New in 04' but got the cool charkol 03 frame, got the monsters on there, azonic outlaw wheel set, mrp, hayes, tioga, soon rc--> dhx 5.0

  7. #7
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    .....everyone always overclears that jump on there first try, but i don't really see a landing..
    the tranny is on the backside of the darker colored (newly moved) dirt at the edge of the picture......


  8. #8
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    OOHHH..... so that little bump right after the landing is now the landing... how far is that now like 25ft? BTW the second jumps lip looks real nice.... Can't wait to get out there.

  9. #9
    evs
    evs is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: evs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    240

    Sweeet,Nice shots hucker...

    that front end takes a bit getting used to don't you think.Looks like it was dropping a bit on ya.I still find that if I'm not keyed in that the front end drops out quicker than I'm used to.
    Luckily we have 8" to suck it up.That first shot is awesome.Nice jump dude.We need one of those burst mode shots for that one.I felt my Pro helped step it up a level for sure.Those are some nice big ass jumps you have there.How was the landed.Plush or what...:-)


    evs(enjoy your new ride)
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    WOW, i never realized the kid was any good... While i will be building stuff like that sooner or later i wish there was some of that around here ( and people willing to do it)



    Scott, we need to start building mad sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    i'm kindda confused here, but who is the demo 9 rider? The pics are awsome. also was that same rider a real motox pro?

  12. #12
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    i'm kindda confused here, but who is the demo 9 rider? The pics are awsome. also was that same rider a real motox pro?
    the rider's handle on mtbr is Motoxpro....he made a thread about buying a new demo9 the other day....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    thanks, that guy looks young, my age about 15, does anyone know his age, if he is about my age he should be a pro. or a sponsored rider.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    thanks, that guy looks young, my age about 15, does anyone know his age, if he is about my age he should be a pro. or a sponsored rider.
    You surely havent been into riding for too long, because while he is good, hes no where near pro. Take a look at what Kyle strait was doing at 14 and you will se waht a pro can do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    yeah, well i know how to ride, but i don't see much of what pros do cause i don't have seen any pros. well i have just not in action. Well kyle strait is a definate pro and soo young.

  16. #16
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,204

    an idea (I'm full of them today)

    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    cause i don't have seen any pros. well i have just not in action. Well kyle strait is a definate pro and soo young.
    Do your fellow mtbr members a favor - slow down on the submit button by a few seconds. Just take enough time to re-read what you've typed. Read it aloud, if that helps, to see if it sounds like English or not. It wouldn't be a big deal if you had a few posts that weren't great, but when you're posting at a rate of about 10 posts/ minute, they're tough to avoid and it starts to make my eyes water....
    Yeah, I'm old and grouchy. Thanks in advance.
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  17. #17
    dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Reputation: Swoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    775
    I did that triple when it was a double on a little xc bike..... maybe I could go pro.....

    hehe if that were true there would be so many more pros out there.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    Ok fine i will spend more time going over my writing. Just in a rush, and have a lot of riding to due since my bike has been in the shop for about 3 weeks. Anyways i just thought the guy in the pic was a young rider which went big. Also i have never seen that jump so i can't really tell.
    by the way, rereading does help lol.

  19. #19
    BJ-
    BJ- is offline
    Rota Imports
    Reputation: BJ-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,669
    hows the little tacker liking his bike...

    he can throw it down nicly...props to him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,473
    that's cool.
    motoxpro: glad you are liking your demo 9 and looks like some cool stuff you are doing there.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    143
    Hey guys thanks for the comments. It rode nicly today and handles good in every situation, I did crash once but it was my fault. This bike handles super good off the jumps and I even cased that big triple and I didnt even bottom out that hard. The only complaints I have right now are: The turning could be a little better so Im going to get the Go-Ride lower clamps (for christmas), I think it will help to get that low speed compresion because it doesnt handle optimally under braking (in june or later probably), and the chain wont stay on so I think im going to get a chain guide or ill probably just take out some links as WCH suggested to me today. None of these are big problems but if I do these it will make the bike perfect. And thanks to WCH for the pics.

  22. #22
    BJ-
    BJ- is offline
    Rota Imports
    Reputation: BJ-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by motoXpro
    Hey guys thanks for the comments. It rode nicly today and handles good in every situation, I did crash once but it was my fault. This bike handles super good off the jumps and I even cased that big triple and I didnt even bottom out that hard. The only complaints I have right now are: The turning could be a little better so Im going to get the Go-Ride lower clamps (for christmas), I think it will help to get that low speed compresion because it doesnt handle optimally under braking (in june or later probably), and the chain wont stay on so I think im going to get a chain guide or ill probably just take out some links as WCH suggested to me today. None of these are big problems but if I do these it will make the bike perfect. And thanks to WCH for the pics.
    thats great to hear little fella...

    you keep ripping on that thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

  23. #23
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by evs
    that front end takes a bit getting used to don't you think.Looks like it was dropping a bit on ya.......
    the front wasn't heavy at all, those two drops are quick, so he is just diving to meet the tranny.........


  24. #24
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoxpro
    ........... thanks to WCH for the pics.
    anytime......


  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    motoxpro, how old are you? i just wanted to now so i can get an idea of how good you are. Pics look awsome everytime i see them. I'm hoping you can get some vids up in the future.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    197
    I think that he is like 14 or something like that, I think its the same kid that I remember posting before about what bike to get.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    178
    WCH how is it that all your pics have your bike randomly posing in them>?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    [QUOTE]WOW, i never realized the kid was any good... While i will be building stuff like that sooner or later i wish there was some of that around here ( and people willing to do it)[Quote]


    Dude, we definatly have enough people who are willing to build, we just don't have the land.... Sweet pics WCH
    Sully

  29. #29
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow
    WCH how is it that all your pics have your bike randomly posing in them>?
    to show hwight of drop
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  30. #30
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow
    WCH how is it that all your pics have your bike randomly posing in them>?
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    to show height of drop
    yup, it's always there(in the pics where you can actually se it) for a height guage. often times, without something for a reference, the sizes become hard to judge.......


  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    make room. find a nice hill, clear it out and then start building. it shouldn't be too hard, it depends on how much land you have. if you like in a city where there is no such thing as land, then your screwed. just keep looking, you'll be supprised.

  32. #32
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    yup, it's always there(in the pics where you can actually se it) for a height guage. often times, without something for a reference, the sizes become hard to judge.......

    wch u ride 2day?????????call me
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  33. #33
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    as far as the age thing goes, he is 14....
    he made the switch from BMX to mtb about two months ago......
    and yes he is also a motorcycle racer, a good one too, hence the name "Motoxpro"....


  34. #34
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    wch??????????above
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  35. #35
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    wch u ride 2day?????????call me
    want to ride, but don't want to hike again, done it several times in the last few days.......


  36. #36
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    want to ride, but don't want to hike again, done it several times in the last few days.......
    valley side???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  37. #37
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    time frame?


  38. #38
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    time frame?
    i will call you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sdtmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    293

    Congratulations...

    Quote Originally Posted by Motoxpro
    Hey guys thanks for the comments. It rode nicly today and handles good in every situation, I did crash once but it was my fault. This bike handles super good off the jumps and I even cased that big triple and I didnt even bottom out that hard. The only complaints I have right now are: The turning could be a little better so Im going to get the Go-Ride lower clamps (for christmas), I think it will help to get that low speed compresion because it doesnt handle optimally under braking (in june or later probably), and the chain wont stay on so I think im going to get a chain guide or ill probably just take out some links as WCH suggested to me today. None of these are big problems but if I do these it will make the bike perfect. And thanks to WCH for the pics.

    You've purchased what I consider to be an ultimate bike. One that will do what its intended to without fail. I love mine, had it about a year and have yet to find its limits. Its certainly helped me find mine though. Its big step up from a Big Hit grom but from the photos WCH posted, your definitely ready for it. Props
    And do loose the double ring up the front and go 9spd. All that chain slap drives me nuts, I even run my trail bike as a single ring up front. I'd like to get the low rider crowns too, or some shivers

  40. #40
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    as far as the age thing goes, he is 14....
    he made the switch from BMX to mtb about two months ago......
    and yes he is also a motorcycle racer, a good one too, hence the name "Motoxpro"....
    those damn moto-Xovers and bmX-overs making me look like a kook. just kidding bud, thats cool stuff. you rip for sure!

    ive only hit the djs on mine so far. tunnel will go down soon...

  41. #41
    evs
    evs is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: evs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    240

    IHEEYA...That first pic is killer...

    nice take off and nice perspectives of the run in down that steep DH mofo. I take it he was jazzed thaqt day.....You should send that first pic in to some mags.I should definately get published.Did you get video to? What kind of camera did you use? Man.it looks like he should be sprouting some wings....Again , great shots, keep'em coming....


    ev(boston homeboy wishing for some cali. sun)
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'

  42. #42
    evs
    evs is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: evs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    240

    Did you see the write up about tuning the 888...

    it's somewhere in here .Do a search. It's from the guy at go-ride.If you can't find it I saved it and will send it to you.Try moving the c-clip down.It doesn't seem like it would make a difference because it doesn'tt seem to move it that far down, but it really helps.Plus add a bit more oil in the legs and that will help also.Have fun on that bike.I love mine.

    evs
    'Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, Boldly Ride,' The Shade replied, - 'If you Seek for El Dorado!'

  43. #43
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by sdtmtb
    I'd like to get the low rider crowns too, or some shivers
    yeah shivers and I have a used one for sale...ask WCH
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    lol it also goes the other way around if you know what i mean. some MTBERs can get on a dirtbike, fool around a bit to get use to it and rip just like on a mountain bike. BMX is a different story...

  45. #45
    Lolligagger
    Reputation: Wadsworth McStackton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    the tranny is on the backside of the darker colored (newly moved) dirt at the edge of the picture......
    NICE! Hey WCH, how was the wind there today? Hit that double yesterday and promptly did a Pete Rose over the rock off to the right. HAHAHA! Nice pics.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    143
    I found that BMX was easier to cross-over to than say a hardtail or djing on full suspension.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    to some, i'm not use to one gear, small wheels and when you sit your bar hits the handle bars. It's not for me, but from people i herd it was fun.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7
    hey motoxpro hit me up with a personal messege...This is Aaron Hodgkin From "Highways" (superheros) lets go ride im local. I need more little rippers like you to ride with ....I have a couple 14 year olds that ride that rip...

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by aghodgkin
    hey motoxpro hit me up with a personal messege...This is Aaron Hodgkin From "Highways" (superheros) lets go ride im local. I need more little rippers like you to ride with ....I have a couple 14 year olds that that i rip...
    Are u a petifile? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    make room. find a nice hill, clear it out and then start building. it shouldn't be too hard, it depends on how much land you have. if you like in a city where there is no such thing as land, then your screwed. just keep looking, you'll be supprised.
    What do u want me to do? Go to some random woods and just start building? Thats what the whole discussion on BS was about. We have enough people. I mean I have 5 acres and I already have a playground and a trail around my whole yard (Dj's to come) but my dad wouldn't be happy if we built somethin huge in my backyard....
    Sully

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7
    hey red bull nice job on changing my words. careful....

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by aghodgkin
    hey red bull nice job on changing my words. careful....
    Hahaha...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSully
    What do u want me to do? Go to some random woods and just start building? Thats what the whole discussion on BS was about. We have enough people. I mean I have 5 acres and I already have a playground and a trail around my whole yard (Dj's to come) but my dad wouldn't be happy if we built somethin huge in my backyard....
    i would recommend ignoring him. he is just starting out, i don't think he knows much about building stunts...
    (no offense freerider167)

  54. #54
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    huzzzah for the huge air he got
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dirt Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    46

    guh..

    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    well today we went out and broke it in. maybe he will chime in and tell you about the ride quality.......
    the first pic was a monster tripple. i know there is a small double there but he blasted it to the new landing of the tripple, almost out of the screen. then some more random gap/drop pics.....
    Hey WCH. I don't understand that triple.. its either a 15 foot double or a 50 + foot triple.. I am confused.

  56. #56
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,435
    the original double was built by old no-air-catching-dudes and was very hard to hit because you come into that section with way too much speed to jump that short, so a proper landing was built where it should have been to begin with........


Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.