Motocross- Mtbr.com

Thread: Motocross

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Motocross

Just curious how many people ride/race dirt bikes too. Extreme freeriding and downhill is very similiar to dirtbiking and they are both good for cross training. Anyhoo lets see some pics of you ripping it up. Can someone help me figure how to post my pics also?

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by MX 887
    Just curious how many people ride/race dirt bikes too. Extreme freeriding and downhill is very similiar to dirtbiking and they are both good for cross training. Anyhoo lets see some pics of you ripping it up. Can someone help me figure how to post my pics also?
    usually people that downhill/freeride spend their money on their bikes, instead of dirtbikes... so there wont be many on here...

To post pics.... you go down further on the reply page... until you see a button saying " upload images".. click it, and a window will apear.. then browse for your picture and double click it... then hit the "upload" button.. When your pic is done uploading, press "close this window". and then submit your reply.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    What if the pic was too big?
    I thought some people would be into because of all the talk about Decoster and Hannah.
    Thanks

Getting back into it...
    I used to be into dirt bikes/MX. I started riding dirt bikes/ATVs when I was about 5, and rode them until I was about 24. I never raced (most of my friends did), but I loved ripping it up in the desert and in the SoCal sand dunes. BTW- me and my friends used to do sand dune jumps way before there were any Krusty Demon videos or people doing any of that type of stuff. No paddle tires either... Anyway, I got into XC riding to supplement my dirt bike riding, then eventually the dirt bike thing just got too expensive and got to be too much effort to load up, haul your rig 4 hours away from home to a decent riding spot, camp for a few days, blah, blah, blah, every other weekend. I eventually got out of dirt bikes and just recently am getting into freeriding and jumping on my mountain bike. It seems to have filled the void for me...

I think it will always amaze me that some of the top end MTB bikes can cost as much as a good dirt bike though...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Everybody here but Von has a dirtbike, and he had one until about a year ago. It's pretty tough to find a good place to ride DH or even XC in northern Utah for almost half the year, but there are a lot of spots less than two hours away that you can ride moto almost year round.

My favorite reply to "this DH bike costs as much as a moto!": A $6,000 DH bike is going to be a World Cup contender. It will have the best suspension, the best brakes, the best drivetrain, and the best controls available to any consumer on the planet. It will be the exact same bike than all but 4 guys in the world would ride if they had to spend their own cash, give or take a few parts. Do you know what it would cost to buy Ricky's RMZ450? I'd start by guessing around $100,000 for parts and engine/suspension service. And there would be a whole bunch of parts you could never buy that are on the top factory MX bikes. A $3000 bicycle will be pretty sweet, probably XT level parts and nothing that's going to break when ridden within its intended boundaries. $3000 will get you a TTR200 or something similar, full of steel with rear drum brake and about as much pulling power as a lawn mower. Shoot, downhill bikes are the deal of a lifetime compared to moto if you look at the respective price to performance level ratios.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by James @ Go-Ride
    Everybody here but Von has a dirtbike, and he had one until about a year ago. It's pretty tough to find a good place to ride DH or even XC in northern Utah for almost half the year, but there are a lot of spots less than two hours away that you can ride moto almost year round.

My favorite reply to "this DH bike costs as much as a moto!": A $6,000 DH bike is going to be a World Cup contender. It will have the best suspension, the best brakes, the best drivetrain, and the best controls available to any consumer on the planet. It will be the exact same bike than all but 4 guys in the world would ride if they had to spend their own cash, give or take a few parts. Do you know what it would cost to buy Ricky's RMZ450? I'd start by guessing around $100,000 for parts and engine/suspension service. And there would be a whole bunch of parts you could never buy that are on the top factory MX bikes. A $3000 bicycle will be pretty sweet, probably XT level parts and nothing that's going to break when ridden within its intended boundaries. $3000 will get you a TTR200 or something similar, full of steel with rear drum brake and about as much pulling power as a lawn mower. Shoot, downhill bikes are the deal of a lifetime compared to moto if you look at the respective price to performance level ratios.
    holy crap that made sense.....
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I knew I was not the only mxer. Let post some pics. Someone please help me resize or whatever I need to do to make mine work.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

well said james...
    well said.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

+gas
    +service/ a mechanic
    +oil
    + a trailer, or if you have a pickup truck whatever they do
    +more expensive gear etc. boots, DOT/SNELL helmet, blah blah
    +medical bills for more severe injuries
    + okay ive made my point

Getting back into it...
    Thing is you or any normal human can't buy Ricky's factory race bike- so saying it costs $100 grand is kinda worthless. I'm thinking at best you could buy a CRF450 (or equiv) for about $8K then drop another $5-7K on parts and suspension/engine work (the average joe that is.). So yeah, I guess an $15K "race" dirt bike isn't the same as a $6K race bicycle, but can't someone easily spend a lot more than $6K on a DH race bike (whether they're stupid for doing it when they could get a "world cup" contender for 6 is besides the point...) How much would say a Foes DH (or another really expensive frame) bike with curnutt suspension outifitted with all the trick goodies cost? Not trying to start an argument here, I just thought you could (if you had deep pockets) spend well over $10K for a bike whether you really needed it or not. No? You'd be the one to know James, so let me have it...

And just for kicks- back in the early 80's before the AMA implemented the "factory bike" restriction rules, it was estimated that Rick Johnson's RC250 (the real factory Hondas were all RC's not CR's) that he raced the supercross series on was "worth" about $500K...

Getting back into it...
    And please note that all I said was, "...the TOP END MTB bikes can cost as much as a GOOD dirt bike..." Heck, I think an old 2000 XR 450 is a good dirt bike, and I can probably pick one of those up for a grand...

Anyway- I'm an MTB'r now and I "argue" on your side with my MX friends when they see the prices of some mtb bikes... The only advantage I really see them having has to do with the old saying, "when in doubt, gas it!"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc44
    And please note that all I said was, "...the TOP END MTB bikes can cost as much as a GOOD dirt bike..." Heck, I think an old 2000 XR 450 is a good dirt bike, and I can probably pick one of those up for a grand...

Anyway- I'm an MTB'r now and I "argue" on your side with my MX friends when they see the prices of some mtb bikes... The only advantage I really see them having has to do with the old saying, "when in doubt, gas it!"
    how much do you think a top of the line nicolai with nicolai hubs and stuff with all the nicolai components you can get would be? if they don't make a fork then a curnutt...
    or how about rohloff hubs? that's like 2 grand on hubs alone...
    Last edited by matt; 01-03-2005 at 07:26 PM.

Getting back into it...

Now I'm Really Curious

Not meaning to hijack a thread here, but since it's kinda drifted to this anyway...

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but how much in theory could you spend on a the best of the best MTB? Is anyone bored enough to try to make an attempt at figuring that out?

Schmeow Productions
    Not meaning to hijack a thread here, but since it's kinda drifted to this anyway...
    just to get this thread back on topic, i gots a yz 85 and i usually go up to mojave or santa clarita... gorman is fun, but far away. and because it is so hard to do every weekend, i have sort of converted over to mtb-ing

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    just to get this thread back on topic, i gots a yz 85 and i usually go up to mojave or santa clarita... gorman is fun, but far away. and because it is so hard to do every weekend, i have sort of converted over to mtb-ing
    oh, and btw, u can still do 150 ft gaps on a mtb... u can be towed in, so it is still as fun in the off-season.

mtbr member
    I have a yamaha tt-r 125L going to sell it for a MTB bikes instead. No place to ride here, I live in MA...so hard to find a nice track. When i'm 16 or 17 i'll prolly get a WR 450 and but some money down on it for some good parts, like hubs, airfilter and stuff. I wouldn't go 2 stroke cause they are too loud, not that is matters to me, but also i don't need to put money down ever season to rebuild the motor. I don't race, i don't jump, i just ride. I'm looking foward to jumping and stuff when i get older. BTW how do you guys learn how to jump?? I can jump, but i don't do a 15-20 foot gap and whip it. Also How do you do a whip on a dirtbike? Sorry, but i consider myself a dirtbike n00b.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hmmm. Back in 1995 I was riding a mint condition 86 CR250 that would stomp the crap up hill and down out of any mountain bike that I could ride now or then and it cost me $1200. I could easily cover over 100 miles in a day and not get all that tired. It doesn't take a pro's MX bike to out perform an over priced DH mountain bike. I love mountain biking by the way, this is just the other side of the arguement and I sold my moto years ago.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4dr
    Hmmm. Back in 1995 I was riding a mint condition 86 CR250 that would stomp the crap up hill and down out of any mountain bike that I could ride now or then and it cost me $1200. I could easily cover over 100 miles in a day and not get all that tired. It doesn't take a pro's MX bike to out perform an over priced DH mountain bike. I love mountain biking by the way, this is just the other side of the arguement and I sold my moto years ago.
    umm...
    that doesn't much matter. we weren't comparing which was faster (that answer should be quite obvious)
    we were or james was saying that a professional level race dirtbike (specced to the max and probably messed with by a bunch of factory techs) has it's place as does a professional level mountain bike.

could you ride your dirtbike on skinnies though?

painfully ordinary
    Im getting a newer CR 250 this week-end
    I got nuthin......

SNOWRIDER

Good job!

I used to ride dirt bikes but then I grew up!!!!!!! But alot of mxers do ride mountain bikes to improve their bike handling skills
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

mtbr member
    I would sure like to join your club, but I too, do not have a MX bike anymore. The last MX bike I had was a 01 YZF250, so I do know your enjoyment of that new CRF250 of yours.

Im still love'n Supercross though and this month here in Socal we get 2 races! I still have a few contacts, I have clients like a not-so-well-known MX guy named Troy Lee.

Anyway, bring up any moto post and you will get some replies!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I thought it was "when in doubt, throttle out!"

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How much would say a Foes DH (or another really expensive frame) bike with curnutt suspension outifitted with all the trick goodies cost? Not trying to start an argument here, I just thought you could (if you had deep pockets) spend well over $10K for a bike whether you really needed it or not. No? You'd be the one to know James, so let me have it...
    You could drop $10k on a bicycle if you tried hard enough. Have you guys seen the picture of the Apocalpyse with the Avy MTN10 on our photo page (Krispy is standing next to it)? That bike probably ended up somewhere in the neighborhood (the guy bought the suspension and frame direct from the manufacturers so I'm not positive about that). It would be difficult to build a serious race bike for that much money though, especially if you're trying to get the weight below 42 pounds. A DHS Mono with an Avy DHF Ti and all the sweetest parts out would probably be about $7000. Van Dine's Cuervo with the 888 would probably sell for about $5500. I suppose paying retail prices (even your LBS probably wouldn't ask retail for a Foes frame) for everything on the Mono would get you to $10k pretty quickly though.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

Getting back into it...

Ha! Even Better

I thought it was "when in doubt, throttle out!"
    I've never heard it put that way- funny stuff...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4dr
    That's not the arguement James is making. He is saying that for $5000 Go-ride could build a DH bike that would be competitive at the highest levels of DH racing. Additionally, that bike would only require around another $1000 in small parts, maintenance, and tires to race a full season.

To race a season at the highest levels of MX or SX would require a bike and parts budget of at least $50,000, and that would be just enough for a really talented rider just to qualify for a main, but finish at the back of the pack. If you want to win or at least podium you better have at least $500,000 for bikes and parts.

What we are saying is that for $5000 you are getting the MTB equivalent of a $50,000 works MX bike.

One other thing, an MX bike can not keep up with a DH bike on a true DH course. On a technical DH course you would be lucky to even get an MX bike down. Yes, I do own both an MX and a DH bike and love to ride them both.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    usually people that downhill/freeride spend their money on their bikes, instead of dirtbikes... so there wont be many on here...

To post pics.... you go down further on the reply page... until you see a button saying " upload images".. click it, and a window will apear.. then browse for your picture and double click it... then hit the "upload" button.. When your pic is done uploading, press "close this window". and then submit your reply.

jake! your crazy! Tons of people who ride downhill also or used to ride moto..... well at least the people that are any good.... most of the pros like myself ride moto, like mx887 said its pretty much the best cross over training there is other then bmx (for mountain cross mainly) I ride a 04 yzf 450...(for sale by the way if anyone is interested...only 6 rides no crashes never raced $5,000) i do agree that mountain biking is retardedly way too expensive, I had to sell my yzf400 just to buy my first downhill bike before they were kicked down. I am curently tryin to conveince the mountain bike industry to charge less for bikes, when they do they will get way more kids to convience there parents kick down some cash for a dope ride that wont break their live savings... this will help get the pros more money and get our sport more attention and better products ....think about moto wasnt half as big as it is now 10-15 years ago ....hang in there everyone!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have a KX 250 (2000) that I use for trailriding...fun stuff. Tried riding an MX track once but scared myself good....hope to take an MX lesson and try the track thing again.

Regarding prices....IMO, prices on dirt bikes aren't bad if you look for used. You can get a modern (year 2000 or later) 250 2stroke MX'er in excellent shape for around $2300. Lots of people buy them, then lots of people sell them. When you are hard up for cash it's usually the first thing to go..unfortunately.

Team
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]

One other thing, an MX bike can not keep up with a DH bike on a true DH course. On a technical DH course you would be lucky to even get an MX bike down. Yes, I do own both an MX and a DH bike and love to ride them both.
    Same here. I own a lot of bikes. 4 Bikes and 2 dirtbikes but I just sold my old 4 stroke. www.Pingertalk.com

Loves His Sunday

Motocross

I race dirtbikes too. I race in the I raced a Yamaha YZ85 this year and next year will be racing a Yamaha YZ250F in the 2005 season. Motocross is my main thing I use biking to train for it. Freeriding is awesome for practice because you just force yourself to do stuff you may not feel comfortable with, as you have too in a motocross race. When your flying around a dirt/sand track with 30 other guys that all want to win as bad as you it's crazy. You do jumps, turns, and everything faster than your comfortable with while other guys are bangin' bars with you. And that is why freeriding is such good training for motocross.

2004 Yamaha YZ85
    2004 Kona Stinky

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm a motocrosser turned BMXer.
    I got a dirtbike when I was 8 and raced non-stop, often twice a week till I was 18.
    Then I switched to racing BMX, did that for a few years.
    Then got another dirt bike and raced that a couple more years.
    Then I got a downhill bike and was instantly better at jumping than anyone I ever met.
    That was a few years ago.

If you want to be a better downhiller, get a motocross bike.

mtbr member
    I raced Moto-X for about 5 years . Had a KX 125 and 250. All I can say about moto-x is that is the most physycaly demanding sport iv ever done plus it coast big $$$$$. I was a swimmer for years races epert XC cat 3 roady and exp. DH. I was watching some old moto race vids of mine and man did I have a 6 pack and rock hard guns when I was racing Moto. There nothing like a Moto start with 40 bikes on the line the 1st turn is crazy and the 1st dubble is even crazyer. I loved going to the Cali desert and racing at Gorman,Castaic and LACR. All this talk make me want to go get a new Mxer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    i have a 04 ktm 450exc factory race ready for 7300 usd. but of coarse i had to add skid plates, hand guards, and radiator guards. but one hell of a bike 100+ miles per hour trail eating demon. i wanted to buy a ktm mtb to match my dirtbike but i couldnt find one in the us. the weird thing about mountain biking parts are so much. i think that i could replace my white power forks for the cost of fox dh forks. or my brembo brakes for the cost of hope brakes. mx seems pretty sketchy to many dudes to run into or over or over by.
    life aint nothin but bitches and money.................

cool dude
    i own a dirt bike just as a fun thing on the side. I have an old 1982 Suzuki DR125. it's a four stroke 125 so it's not fast or fancy but my friends and i don't ride much and i love the bike. for just going out and playing around in the woods and fields we ride in it's perfect. none of my friends have anything too fancy, i ride with an XR100 and a few 300EXs usually. I don't ride much and i hardly have anything invested in my bike so it's perfect. Even when it sits for months it starts first kick, i give it regular maintenance and if i don't use it for a months at a time it's no loss. I got it by trading a kid my 1985 ATC200s which was a total piece of crap so i made out pretty well in the deal and am more than happy with my bike. mountain biking is easier to do more often because i can ride right by my house but i don't pay to ride my dirtbike other than gas and oil, ect. as in no permits or passes or anything, so i doubt i'll get rid of it any time soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    i ride moto...

thats all i have to say

ride hard
    i have a pimp xr100. its the best motocrosser that money can buy. i ride mostly in the desert and trails, about all my xr is good for. ive tried it at the track once, and it sucked. but i do agree that dirtbiking and mountainbiking will make you smoother in the other sports. dh will make you better in the tech sections, and desert will make high speeds seem not so bad (if you have a faster bike than a xr100).
    Live to Ride, Ride to live

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well I think that I finally figured how to post pictures. It may be an attachment? Anyhoo me over an 80 foot triple-
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Well I think that I finally figured how to post pictures. It may be an attachment? Anyhoo me over an 80 foot triple-
    Nice picture. I'm sure you're like me and laugh at most "BIG" mountain bike jumps. Lol!
    Once you get comfortable doing 80' or bigger jumps on a motocross bike, 20' bicycle jumps are nothing.

mtbr member
    I hope that i'll be able to do that by the time i'm 18...how old are you anyway?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    I hope that i'll be able to do that by the time i'm 18...how old are you anyway?
    I was racing 250 intermediate when I was 16, back in 1985.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well I am 16 and no I do not laugh at 20' mountain bike jumps. I am not as comfortable on my MTB compared to my motocrosser but soon I hope to be!!

mtbr member
    I emailed you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks

mtbr member
    haha yeah. On a dirtbike it seems as it could take anything. on a mountain it's different. Btw what do you think of a WR450F for my next bike. i'll use it as my Freestyle dirtbike and going to school with turn signals and stuff. weight isn't too much of a problem. just performance and handling is what i really care about. btw how much do you think i can get for this bike. I still have the orginal componets and stuff. also thoose are pics of when the chain came off.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    While I have no personal experience with that bike I have heard that the WR is a very strong bike, great for trails. By freestyle do you mean big jumps because I do not think the bike/suspension is up to that. By the way I am no expert on this bike so I may be wrong. Hopefully someone will pipe in on a price. Good Luck

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    haha yeah. On a dirtbike it seems as it could take anything. on a mountain it's different. Btw what do you think of a WR450F for my next bike. i'll use it as my Freestyle dirtbike and going to school with turn signals and stuff. weight isn't too much of a problem. just performance and handling is what i really care about. btw how much do you think i can get for this bike. I still have the orginal componets and stuff. also thoose are pics of when the chain came off.
    TTR 125's are fun little bikes, but you'll be surprised when you twist the throttle of a big 450. You better buy a bunch of spare rear fenders. I'd guess you could get $2,200 for your old bike. Maybe use it as a trade in.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Could someone help me get this as my avatar?
    Please

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    TTR 125's are fun little bikes, but you'll be surprised when you twist the throttle of a big 450. You better buy a bunch of spare rear fenders. I'd guess you could get $2,200 for your old bike. Maybe use it as a trade in.
    wow i was looking for aroound like 1800-1900ish.. it's a 2002, yeah it's used, but is great conditon and well maintaind. i like it but i mean right know i have noone to ride with and can't go to many places...so when i can get my license i can go to places. the WR uses MX supension. Plus it will do mods and upgrades to it if i get one. Plans for know to make things clear. First off... sell dirtbike, then get an SX Trail.....when i'm 16 i'll get a WR450f and upgrades to it and make it street legal so i can ride to school. I plan on a little MXFX on a WR it should do fine. well if anyone is interested in ym TTR as a pit bike or whatever, let me know.

I liked the old *****
    Jan 2004
    Agree - similar interests . . .

Suzuki minibike, Bultaco Alpina trials bike at 14, snowmobiles, motocross bikes until college, MTB urban only in Boston . . . Suzuki DR650S after moving out of the city 8 years later (almost died twice on that) . . . another pause for marriage, two houses and two kids . . . then got a free ticket for 'bike' 3 years ago. I was headed down the motocross, or maybe enduro path, and decided to go MTB (2 Stinky's since).

Deciding factors for MTB over moto, with main purpose to get back into shape:
    - convenience and less time. I too am in MA, and it's not like years ago when you could take off from home on a CR125, ride for an hour or two and return via woods and some road. You have to trailer the bike over an hour to ride most places. Not as bad as snowmobiles, but still . . .
    - the kids are not yet into moto, may never be, but can ride the MTB with them
    - $. I figure if I dropped ~2K a year into MTB, it's not much more than joining a club (which I hate), or getting back into martial arts. OK, so I spent a bit more per year so far, but it's way less than I would have if I got into moto.

Still like moto, and enjoy watching it on tv. I'm contemplating taking my son here this weekend: http://fmx.cc.com/shows/Show.2004-06-24.1536

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Could someone help me get this as my avatar?
    Please
    Try this out

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks

VIA
    banned
    This was in Argentina over 10 years ago.. a lot of funn with that XT600

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks
    Here's a close up one for you. Still not as cool as mine, of me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VIA
    Hahaha! You've got great style!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks again very cool. Yours is pretty sweet.

VIA
    banned
    Hahaha! You've got great style!

What you spect in earlys 90's in Argentina ...
    Give me a KTM and 19 years of age and you'll see...

its just a mountain
    I race Hare Scrambles(cross country) on a '99 YZ125. I race Junior B(intermediate under 16 on 125's) I have to ride xc b/c I live in stupid Florida where the biggest hills are 100ft(45 mins away) so we build everything which is a royal pain in the arse. I'll second MX 887 and say I'm not near as comfortable on a bike as I am my 125 although I'm not real sure why.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice helmet...

Quote Originally Posted by VIA
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

its just a mountain
    I race hare scrambles(cross country) on a '99 YZ 125. I race Junior B which is 17 and under on 125's at intermediate level. I ride some 'freeriding' in florida where I live. I'm #63 hauling through the mud hole. I wear a ty dy shirt when I race b/c jerseys get destroyed after one race.

mtbr member

Nice

I completely got out of mountain biking for around 5 years and rode motocross for around 3 years. Recently got back into mountin biking and I'm much better than I've ever been before. Motocross is an amazing, especially once you jump back onto a bike that is 1/8th the weight! Can't wait to see if Bubba can beat up on Ricky, and Reed.

Loves His Sunday

Me over 60ft table.

I raced 85C (12-15) and this year will hopefully accumulate enough promotinal points to race 85B (12-15) Next season before moving to the 125 class. Can't believe Windham won Anaheim 1.

2004 Kona Stinky
    2004 Yamaha YZ85

Here is a picture of me over a 60 foot tabletop.-
    (I cut the landing way off by mistake.)

Loves His Sunday

Icon

Can someone set that picture as my avatar as you did mx887's. I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks

ride hard
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    Can't believe Windham won Anaheim 1.
    it was a f*cking mud puddle on the whole track. the winner is just the one who can keep his bike up. ricky crashes like 3 times. windham didnt. besides, i wanna see windham win some more races, hes way underappreciated (spelling).
    Live to Ride, Ride to live

Good ol' shoe...

MX etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    I completely got out of mountain biking for around 5 years and rode motocross for around 3 years. Recently got back into mountin biking and I'm much better than I've ever been before. Motocross is an amazing, especially once you jump back onto a bike that is 1/8th the weight! Can't wait to see if Bubba can beat up on Ricky, and Reed.
    I think MX helps greatly with MB'ing as well. After thrashing around on my YZ426 I always chuckle loading up the "push" bikes.

Also, if you do it right, motorcycles are killer for making singletracks where I live (NV).
    "Republicans, Democrats and American people who support giving up a little liberty for a small measure of security (such as the Patriot Act) deserve neither."
    -Ben Franklin, paraphrased

"Love your country, always, and your government when they deserve it..."
    -Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the mtn man
    it was a f*cking mud puddle on the whole track. the winner is just the one who can keep his bike up. ricky crashes like 3 times. windham didnt. besides, i wanna see windham win some more races, hes way underappreciated (spelling).
    Very True Windham deserved that win.

Go K-Dub!!

mtbr member
    Things seem easier on a dirtbike than on a moutain bike.

Team
    Totally depends.

cool dude
    my mountain bike is easier to pedal.

Loves His Sunday

Windham

No one said Windham didn't deserve the win. It was crappy track condidtions and Windham handled them best. Windham went down too he just got up quicker. It was pure chaos and Windham prevailed. It's good to see him win one after a winless outdoor season.

mtbr member
    I was racing 250 intermediate when I was 16, back in 1985.
    that is cool, did you win any?