mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Motobecane 2hundred10 Review?

Has anyone ridden the Motobecane 2hundred10? I'm new to DH and I think I would like a bit "more" bike to learn than using my normal 150/130 trail bike. I've searched high and wide for an "affordable" used rig...but everything $2k and less seems entirely clapped. I just saw bikesdirect is doing the Motobecane 2hundred10 for $2099 right now. That stretches my dream budget (~$1500) but I could swing it if the bike is decent.

ac

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I bought one when they were $2099 but haven't really had a chance to ride it yet. I'll post some feedback once the never-ending ski season finally ends and the bike part opens up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Commencal has some 2017 builds (Furious and Supreme) at $1999-2100 on their site. Also, I have 2014 Transition TR500 (Medium) I am selling for $1650. I am in NJ, across the river from Philly.

Motobecane 2hundred10 Review?-img_0256.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dc40 View Post
    Commencal has some 2017 builds (Furious and Supreme) at $1999-2100 on their site. Also, I have 2014 Transition TR500 (Medium) I am selling for $1650. I am in NJ, across the river from Philly.
    Yeah, the BikesDirect became less of a "deal" when I realized YT also had a bike in the range:

https://us.yt-industries.com/detail/.../sCategory/261

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    So I have about 3 days in the park (Killington) on the 2Hundred10 so far so can give some early feedback. I took the head badge off and everybody seems to think it's some kind of factory special KHS bike at first as the logo on the chainstay is very difficult to see. Bike rides very well although the factory coil springs were to soft for me so I swapped out both the front and rear. I appreciate that it comes with a Boxxer Team rather than the Boxxer RC you get on the equivalent Tues and Commencal. EDIT: I just checked again and Commencal has the Supreme DH V4 for $2499 with a Boxxer Team and Vivid R2C so that statement isn't quite correct. I've ridden a bunch of demo bikes with the RC and I feel like I can tell a difference with the charger-damper on the Team so I think more experienced DH riders would notice even more difference.

As for any negative aspects, I found both rotors were slightly warped (I assume from when the bike was shipped) so I had to true them both but I only had to make small adjustments. Also, the rebound knob on the rear shock is in kind of an obnoxious place. The advertisement claims there is routing for a dropper post but I can't figure out how that would work for the life of me and BD hasn't responded to my e-mail requesting further clarification. I'm considering swapping out the Kage RC for a vivid R2C but it's very low priority at the moment.

So far I swapped out the bars, added a QR seatpost clamp, and changed the grips but that's mostly just personal preference stuff rather than anything wrong with the bike. Pretty happy so far although it's my first true DH bike other than rentals and I'm primarily a roadie so take that with a grain of salt. I'll try to update more as the season goes on.

On a side note, I bought a 2014 Kona Operator for my wife for $800 in great condition. I was surprised at how good of condition it was in but somehow that thing feels like the frame is made of pig iron.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    So quick update, the derailleur hanger broke on my 2Hundred10 and I'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement. I contacted both BikesDirect and KHS but haven't heard back from either yet. BikesDirect doesn't seem to carry the required hanger on their website and I haven't found it on any of the other bike supply stores. There are no KHS dealers in the area so I'm a bit out of luck there as well. Will update as thing progress. On a side note though, it's a really weird break as the threads on the hanger simply separated when I was taking the bike off the rack. I assumed it must have been damaged previously and I just pushed it over the edge, but I've never seen a hanger fail in this way.

EDIT: Just heard back and they don't stock the hanger yet. Sounds like I'll have to order one from the factory so it may be a while until I can ride, =/.
    Last edited by whumber; 09-17-2018 at 10:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Another update, I got a couple derailleur hangers and they came quicker than I expected although it still took about two weeks. Fortunately/unfortunately I herniated a disc in my back shortly after I cracked the hanger so it ended up no mattering. In any case, when I talked to them there were only a handful of hangers available to order and I bought half of them, so anyone else with this bike should probably order a couple proactively.