Morewood Shova LT- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Morewood Shova LT

http://morewoodbikes.com/bikes/2007/shova-lt/tech.html

Anyone here got one of these? What do you guys think?

No e-drama please!!
    You should buy it,that frameset is awesome ! Handmade & they have a great customer service from what i hear.
    I just bought a Morewood Ndiza ST frame !
    DEMO8
    Santa Cruz Bullit
    Bianchi SASS

mtbr member
    dude, i just got a izimu dh - same thing just more travel. it's an awesome rig. the simplicity can't be beat and brake squat is minimal... i don't mind it one bit. the bikes are good looking (subjective), relatively light, and Richard at Morewood is a cool dude. I'd say go for it. There was a really good write up on the Shova in Decline (forget which issue)... they built it up with a DC fork and loved it.

mtbr member
    you may have already seen this but, here:

http://www.morewoodbikes.com/news/re...decline07.html

ginger ninja
    I just sold my Shova LT

If you are looking for a bike that will pedal well then stay well clear! High position single pivot bikes do not pedal well unless you ramp up the IFP pressure on the shock but then you loose small bump compliance.

However if you want a freeride bike for the downs then it handles great and jumps well and you wont break it! Ever!
    Gert Steamin DH Badger

Canadian at Heart
    Jan 2004

Killer bikes

I have been riding Morewoods for almost three years now, and I can only say good things about them. I own a Shova ST and the DH rig. My roommate owns the new Shova LT and two of my close friends own last year's Shova LT. I have ridden all of them, each with a different set up and they all feel great. As far as pedaling goes, they are just fine. I do xc rides on my DH bike, and it pedals like a champ. All of my buddies ride xc on the Shova LT, and they don't complain, heck one even raced on it!

Overall, corners well, feels great, and minimal maintaince.

mtbr member
    How much do the '07s go for?

Roll on Spring Time!
    i have been looking at a frame to invest in that will last a long time with minimal issues, so single pivots become a really good option. the orange patriot really got me hooked. but being south african i figured the morewood would be nice as i would be supporting home crew. i was looking at the LT but concerned bout the pedaling side as i do everything on my bike including climbs. i looked at the ST but not sure its enough, now i just seen a post on the AM forum for a 6" frame. i know peeps who do everything on their patriots so if the morewoods can compare then i know what i am buying!
    more rider feedback would help tons.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Cannondale Judge is a great single pivot. Mine pedals great too.

E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I own a 06 Shova ST and it is awesome! I would definitely suggest setting it up with a long travel single clamp. I have mine set-up with a Marzocchi Junior T, but think a single clamp would work much better.This bike pedals well for as much travel as it has. Talk to Richard or Gerritt over there, both are very helpful. You may also want to check out there new 6" Mbuzi bike. I have a 08 Shova ST on order write now and will probably order another Morewood Bike late next year. You wont be disappointed with a Morewood Bike.

ginger ninja
    They are fun!

Mental jump machines!

Mine was a little uberheavy but that was choice of components
    It rocked the Mojo DH track in the UK.

Perfectly good for xc if your strong and fit enough!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (310.0 KB, 1555 views)
    Gert Steamin DH Badger

mtbr member
    May 2011
    bring this thread back from the dead. Would it be possible to use the LT as an all mountain/mild trail bike? or is that a no no

Members who have read this thread: 0