More Whistler carnage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

More Whistler carnage

Well, I' m not the only one that has been taken out by whistler this trip (see my other thread). My buddy ate it off the GLC drop and separated his shoulder (3re class seperation), sprained his wrist and got 12 stiches in his hand. Makes my measley 1st class shoulder seperation look not so bad.

From what people said that saw the crash, he landed on a loose rock with his front wheel and it spun the front wheel sideways and over the bars he went. Luckily nobody in the group hit him as he was the first in line. A trip to the health care clinic and $1500 canadian later and looks like surgery might be a possible outcome to fix his shoulder. yikes.

Two more days of riding, 3 of 5 riders left.....

mtbr member
    He went down on the GLC? Man, I guess anything can get you.

mtbr member
    whats da GLC drop

mtbr member

Hope

Yikes!
    Hope he gets better soon!
    I separated mine class 4 and got surgery. Hoping to be back at it for ski/snowboard season.

mtbr member
    For some reason I thought that medical attention will be free for you guys, taking into consideration that you are not Canadian.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i almost broke my thumb/wrist my first day at snowshoe. After that I took it much easier, i know some people are more for the "**** it and huck it" attitude but i didnt want to end my trip early.

mtbr member
    that sux dude, hope u and ur buddy heal up quick
    Sully

DGC
    mtbr member

Here is your picture

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadHucker
    whats da GLC drop
    GLC = 3 routes, 3 options. Biggest drop far left, medium drop middle, roll far right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    The biggest GLC is still pretty small but they need to work on the landing there are some pointless hazards there. From what I understand there is no such thing as a 4th degree ligament separation since a 3rd Degree Separation is a fully torn and severed ligament. Just what my doc said when I got mine a few months ago.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    man that's a bummer. sux too cus that looks like a really chill drop. somehow it always seems like the worst injuries come from where u least expect.

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    The biggest GLC is still pretty small but they need to work on the landing there are some pointless hazards there.
    What hazards? For the size of the drop I wouldn't think it gets much easier. Maybe a slightly steeper tranny would make it a little smoother for the hardtails but there aren't that many up there.

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadHucker
    whats da GLC drop
    Dude, you need a new name. You can't be calling yourself BigBadHucker if you don't even know about GLC. That drop has probably seen more riders than any other in the world. Maybe you should change it to CluelessHucker or something. Hate to be a di*k but come on.

Broken and dizzy
    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    Dude, you need a new name. You can't be calling yourself BigBadHucker if you don't even know about GLC. That drop has probably seen more riders than any other in the world. Maybe you should change it to CluelessHucker or something. Hate to be a di*k but come on.
    Haha! CluelessHucker. I like it. Shane, you kill me bro. Seriously though, GLC is about as basic as it gets.

Healing vibes to the injured....

north bush biker

that sux

that sux dude. some times its the easyer things that turn out the worst. heal up soon
    RIDE HARD,RIDE FAST

Welcoming Doormat

make a poll?

this has to be like the 100th, atleast, story of how wistler has taken a sholder, i think some one should make a poll (cause i donno how) on how many sholders whistler has maimed, and i wish both of you guys a speedy recovery so u can get back to riding asap, along with ne one else with a messed up sholder
    A Proud Member of The Zombie Killer Squadron "we kill zombies dead"

kona-tize me captain
    why do i feel like my shoulder is next in line for a good breaking, i gotta be carefull
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Welcoming Doormat
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    why do i feel like my shoulder is next in line for a good breaking, i gotta be carefull
    go get a voodoo good luck spell put on it so it dosnt break
    A Proud Member of The Zombie Killer Squadron "we kill zombies dead"

Members who have read this thread: 0