More crazy log rides in the Black Hills of SD- Mtbr.com
    HIKE!

More crazy log rides in the Black Hills of SD

Okay, this is a bad idea. 60' long Cottonwood tree fell over some years ago, all the bark peeled, the trunk in white, hard as a rock and slick. The very tall point is 10' to the ground, and the trunk is weirdly veined and pointy and odd at the highest point. Some clean up got done today, some traction chicken wire applied, most of the debris in the fall out zone is gone. Gulp. It must be ridden soon. Hope these pictures do it justice. Hope they work.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    sparrow, unless homeboy in the orange hat is 10 feet tall, than neither is that log ride. oh, and buy the way, i checked out your website. i like how you talk about the no talent riding of california and colorado. get a clue. i used to live in the black hills. i know what the bike scene is about there. now go get back on your cross country bike. leave the dead trees alone before you get hurt. sorry if i offended you, but like you said, maybe you need to be.
    I agree about the whole no talent thing, but the picture appears to slope up, so I would guess it was close to 10 ft., maybe 8+?

later

I'm Rick James B*tch
    Jan 2004

Hey Zach

You left the Black Hills a little early. Me and a couple of buddies are in the process of developing at least 2 dedicated downhill trails. Obviously you were too lazy to find your own rocks to drop because we have no problem there just aren't too many trails yet.
    As for that log ride what the f*ck you think that there is only cross country around here and well there will be if you keep f*cking dissing there guys for trying to build stuff. I've seen a couple of your pics there impressive but throw in 10 trees around it then some mud and granite and you will have the BLack Hills in a little while.

Hey sparrow where is that and where is the one you posted a while ago. I'll go ride them for ya.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Haha the comment about the no-talent riding in cali is funny, zach just needs to loosen up. That log rides gonna be killer, unshaved trees are pretty tricky to ride, you'll defenitly be taking some good falls

banned

yo, is chainsaw boy 10 feet tall? because...

that tallest point is NOT higher than chainsaw boy's head. 6 feet tops.

why can't you ride it without carpentry?

sanitized trails and stunts SUCK

go ride your friggin' harley, sturgis boy

I'm Rick James B*tch
    Jan 2004

No Worries

I just hate when people think that all of South Dakota is flat and the black hills are just easy cross country trails. We are working on some gnarly **** so hopefully when or if you come back you will be suprised.

As for you gonzo thats low the rally sucks balls and I ain't from sturgis

HIKE!

sanitized?

gonzo, did you say 'sanitized trails and carpentry sucks' . Better tell some of the folks in the woods of the Pacific Northwest. I think they've used a nail and hatchet here and there.

and lighten up, 'dank' I don't feel offended, neither should you. Now here is another log that is 700 feet long and sits almost 75 feet up in the air, and is only 2 inches wide. Over 400 people have died trying, but it has never been ridden.

Rough Rider, drop me a line, we can do some riding sometime. We've got loads of stuff at St Martin's, M Hill, Bone Collector (by Johnson Siding) and some at Storm Mt. We've been doing plenty of group rides out of Rapid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Thats so sweet, logrides are one of my favorite things to ride. You should see our new "logride line" at our trails, its got 3 logrides in a row, and one more is coming soon, its so killer.

HIKE!

Labor Day weekend is the Ridge Rider's big epic ride....

50 miler or so of trail riding, "the Dakota Five-0" P.J. is the instigator of this one. I think they've got a website somewhere out there on the www, but I'll be darned if I know it......but it is a fine ride (some folks 'race' it, but not me) to check out. Pray for no forest fires while your gang is out here, really been dry.....

abolisher of A$$holes
    I'm not trying to start any s*it, but that pic of the second log, there's no way that log is only two inches wide. I started laughing when I read that. Sorry, but it just looks like too big of a log to be only 2 inches wide, maybe 4. Cuz there's no way your feet are that narrow with them inside of shoes. Why is it that people feel the need to embellish the measurements of things on their trails??? It looks like a fun ride though Sparrow.

I'm Rick James B*tch
    Jan 2004
    Sorry to make you sound like a dork but it was a joke. Because people said he exagurated the hight of the first log he made a joke about the second one being huge. He wan't serious.

abolisher of A$$holes
    rough rider, you don't make me sound like a dork. I do a good enough job of that myself. Sorry if I don't spend all of my time actually reading all of your posts thoroughly. Some of us actually get to RIDE during the winter and don't have time to read all of the s*it you guys talk to each other cuz you live in crappy winter states. I know I lived in So Dak. So thanks for calling me on it, it's actually pretty funny once I read the whole post, but don't you have something better to do than be negative to everyone on here?? And still my point is: everyone always is embellishing their trail measurements...why???
    Last edited by irieness; 02-22-2004 at 04:00 PM.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    The crappy winter states are some of the best states to ride in when theres not snow. Besides, we're not all pu*sy's and sit in side and surf mtbr because theres snow outside, atleast i know ive been ridin almost every weekend this winter. must be nice being pampered by socal weather all year long YOU GUYS WOULD DIE IF YOU CAME HERE TO MAINE!

abolisher of A$$holes
    I come from So Dak....and I'm smart enough to live in NOR cal now...not dissing any winter states...I just hate winter...and the play season lasts all year here...and NO I wouldn't die there...just no point in living in freezing hell for me...at least in the winter...but to each their own...otherwise the Black Hills and much of the midwest is beautiful...
    Last edited by irieness; 02-22-2004 at 04:19 PM.

I'm Rick James B*tch
    Jan 2004
    It's a fricken fish story dude. You gotta tell all the co-workers how big this drop was and i't gets bigger everytime you tell the story. You just gotta be better and go bigger than everyone else.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Riding and living in a freezing hell makes the other seasons that much better maine rules, i wouldnt like to live any other place, except maybe alaska or british columbia. Maybe someday

abolisher of A$$holes
    Then physically DO it...don't make it up...I have a feeling this has to do with being a male...girls just aren't like that...usually anyways...

Hella Olde
    The original poster has more class than the lot of you kooks.

abolisher of A$$holes
    DH40- And that comment gave you sooo much class as well???

mtbr member
    class, you mean like the whole british thing with the silly wigs and gloves... count me out
    "Better safe than scarry"

www.3dmtb.net

10 sec. club member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    sparrow, unless homeboy in the orange hat is 10 feet tall, than neither is that log ride. oh, and buy the way, i checked out your website. i like how you talk about the no talent riding of california and colorado. get a clue. i used to live in the black hills. i know what the bike scene is about there. now go get back on your cross country bike. leave the dead trees alone before you get hurt. sorry if i offended you, but like you said, maybe you need to be.

A little off topic but heres a couple pics of you guys we got while you guys were dirt jumping in Bootleg. Saw you avatar and realized who you were.

MySpace/IMALLSLO
    SoCals Foes and Kona dealer
    "Its a mystery wrapped in a riddle trapped in an enigma"