Mongoose Black Diamond Double Follow-up- Mtbr.com
    Ammar
    Jul 2006

Mongoose Black Diamond Double Follow-up

This is a follow-up to the Mongoose Black Diamond Double. First off, This bike Hauls ass!!! I beat my friend, which was riding a Specialized Stuntjumper!! Not bad for a Freeride/DH bike. The Floating BB alows for an amazingly smooth suspension, and compliments the braking distubution as well. This bike feels like it is on rail, when it's going downhill. I mean, I've ridden a Giant Glory DH, and I would take this bike over it anyday! I must say, this bike is best at dropping and jumping. Idk what it is (mabye the frame geo), but the bike is just so nimble and easy to control while flying. Great overall bike and I would reccomend this bike to the aspiring freerider, or the next Sam Hill.

Feel free to ask any questions!!

mtbr member
    good ****, although i am discouraged by mangoose mostley cause you see there bikes in target . but sounds good man
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

Shop *****
    That's what so strange... Mongoose must have been bought out by someone, because the new company is Mongoose Pro, check out the website...
    Mongoose - Target
    Mongoose Pro - Crazy nice deals on good bikes...
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Quote Originally Posted by drakan
    That's what so strange... Mongoose must have been bought out by someone, because the new company is Mongoose Pro, check out the website...
    Mongoose - Target
    Mongoose Pro - Crazy nice deals on good bikes...

Its been that way for uhhhh... years.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Mongoose and GT are now under one company called pacific cycles. Notice how the mongoose Freeride linkage is similar to the I-Drive linkage. I have the Black diamoind triple. My only concern is the front fork. Marzocchi says to set the air up to a certain pressure in the 66 SL1 but it feels to stiff and ive heard there was a post up here that had revised air charts.

Ammar
    Jul 2006

mongoose/mongoose pro

I know wht u mean bro, but there is a huge diffrence between mongoose & mongoose pro. It's like Iron horse department store bikes, and there Pro bikes. Two totally diffrent categories!!

Ammar
    Jul 2006
    GT makes some very, very nice bikes, all in all, mongoose is getting back into the Freeride/Downhill game with a vengence

mtbr member
    so i should get this bike if i wanna be the next sam hill? sick where do i buy one? you think my local target will have it?
    I like to ride bikes fast.

Shop *****
    Quote Originally Posted by HighTitan
    so i should get this bike if i wanna be the next sam hill? sick where do i buy one? you think my local target will have it?
    Can you please read the whole thread before making a stupid, useless, and uncalled for response?

clyde in training
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Its been that way for uhhhh... years.
    yep. I have a mongoose pro xc bike from almost a decade ago

mtbr member
    i did read the whole response. i wanna be the next sam hill so ill buy a mongoose, not an IH.

Shop *****
    Stop bullshitting. You haven't read or comprehended the rest of this thread, or you would know that the bike he bought, would not be sold at target, and is not a cheap bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarhio
    GT makes some very, very nice bikes, all in all, mongoose is getting back into the Freeride/Downhill game with a vengence
    yea i guess, maybe eric carter will actually ride mongooses
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

Ammar
    Jul 2006
    lol, whatever floats your boat there a*ss monkey

mtbr member
    damn why are you guys so up tight geez? i know the difference between the shop models and the target models i use to manage a bike shop. im just busting your balls and looks like it worked too lol.

Shop *****
    Definetly... Espescially when you are on 3 hours of sleep, and it's 11PM

mtbr member
    o and also, just because he road that bike and beat his friend doesnt mean its fast. its almost all in the rider. yet it helps to have a sick bike but alot of it has to do with the riders skills.

Meh.
    Stop bullshitting. You haven't read or comprehended the rest of this thread, or you would know that the bike he bought, would not be sold at target, and is not a cheap bike.
    That was sarcasm... Duh.

mtbr member
    damn why are you guys so up tight geez? i know the difference between the shop models and the target models i use to manage a bike shop. im just busting your balls and looks like it worked too lol.
    i busted your moms balls
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

Ammar
    Jul 2006
    lol, it;s all good, no offense taken, I knew you where messing. They don't sell freeride bikes at Target!

Shop *****

tuck-n-roll master
    "All this plus a sleek, cool design that gives you superior balance and a smooth ride on rugged mountain trails."

Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. :nono: We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

aka Jesse Palmer
    Mongoose Factory Team riders ride only the best

-> SickLines.com <-
    Heh, that was Eric Carter's bike from 2004 Sea Otter right? I don't think his EC-D was built yet

aka Jesse Palmer
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    Heh, that was Eric Carter's bike from 2004 Sea Otter right? I don't think his EC-D was built yet
    Ya they are making them race on real mongoose bikes now, poor guys...

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by jp3d
    I like the stack of 30 or so tires in backround
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Ammar
    Jul 2006

yah, and it looks like there doing pretty damn good so far!!

mtbr member
    What the hell is that box on the TT with the Push sticker on it? And the big gold rod sticking out from the shock? And then is that a plastic tube going from that rod to the box?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbben10
    Mongoose and GT are now under one company called pacific cycles. Notice how the mongoose Freeride linkage is similar to the I-Drive linkage. I have the Black diamoind triple. My only concern is the front fork. Marzocchi says to set the air up to a certain pressure in the 66 SL1 but it feels to stiff and ive heard there was a post up here that had revised air charts.

i have read all 14 some odd pages of that post and its crazy....seriously i followed my LBS advice on set-up which was basically the same as the sticker chart that comes on the fork leg...NOT the manual the fork came with...bu remember fill the bottom first than the top...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarhio
    This is a follow-up to the Mongoose Black Diamond Double. First off, This bike Hauls ass!!! I beat my friend, which was riding a Specialized Stuntjumper!! Not bad for a Freeride/DH bike. The Floating BB alows for an amazingly smooth suspension, and compliments the braking distubution as well. This bike feels like it is on rail, when it's going downhill. I mean, I've ridden a Giant Glory DH, and I would take this bike over it anyday! I must say, this bike is best at dropping and jumping. Idk what it is (mabye the frame geo), but the bike is just so nimble and easy to control while flying. Great overall bike and I would reccomend this bike to the aspiring freerider, or the next Sam Hill.

Feel free to ask any questions!!
    i have the triple diamond 2007--the white one in the pics----its AWESOME

mtbr member
    AHHAHAHAHAH thats a ****ing turner, everyone knows that. like i said maybe someday they will actually ride mongooses not turners
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by koko85
    i have the triple diamond 2007--the white one in the pics----its AWESOME
    its a mongoose... *cough* *cough* excuse me a mongoose pro
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

Ammar
    Jul 2006
    i rented an Iron-horse Yakuza Aniki at hunter mountain(and it was brand new). was doing some table-tops, and the rear dropout gave-out and bent the deraillur so far back, that it caught the spokes of the wheel, and ripped our about 12 spokes, ultimetly throwing me off the bike, and Hunter mountain giving me my $65 back! Based on than experience, I dont think I will be riding an Iron HOrse anytime soon.

freeride jerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    What the hell is that box on the TT with the Push sticker on it? And the big gold rod sticking out from the shock? And then is that a plastic tube going from that rod to the box?
    its an electric bike, he turns it on when theres upcoming hills
    SHANTY

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbnick
    AHHAHAHAHAH thats a ****ing turner, everyone knows that. like i said maybe someday they will actually ride mongooses not turners
    You're an idiot. That picture is from 2004 and is an old turner from when Eric Carter was crossing over.

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    It's PUSH industries getting readings on the shock & data acquisiton on what the shock (can be setup for the fork as well) is doing.

El Pollo Diablo
    mtb_biker beat me to it, that's how push knows how to tune your shock for a specific frame...
    makes me want to push something!

Glad to Be Alive
    looks like a full on Turner DHR
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    I actually rode this bike on a run locally.....I didn't like the air shock it came with...the bike handled very poorly through rock gardens and such.....no smoothanicity at all....I actual wouldn't ride it at high speeds because it just didn't give you confidence .....it was a weird feeling getting back on my M-3.....the M-3 just felt way way smoother

the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    It's PUSH industries getting readings on the shock & data acquisiton on what the shock (can be setup for the fork as well) is doing.
    Word. Thanks.

mtbr member
    i like how when i say its a turner, you call me an idiot. but when he does, your oh hah yea thats so funny i think its when he switched over.dick
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

-> SickLines.com <-
    i like how when i say its a turner, you call me an idiot. but when he does, your oh hah yea thats so funny i think its when he switched over.dick
    Yea but that wasn't already stated in page 1. By page 2 its already been said and you say "its a f***** turner" like its some revelation.

But i've seen your other threads as well, and that's why you're an idiot ( http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=307176 )

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    its a mongoose... *cough* *cough* excuse me a mongoose pro
    ride one before you *cough* *cough*--- gimme a ****ing break with *cough* ********...stupidest **** i have ever seen...kinda like LOL---pretty neat of you...dummy

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

The very last black diamond single (the black on in the back i believe the 4th bike on the rack) is Steve Romaniuks bike and the middle two I believe are Eric Carters. I dont know who has the black diamond triple in the front.

Members who have read this thread: 1