Mondraker Summum - good and bad- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Mondraker Summum - good and bad

looking for any first hand legitimate feedback on the Mondraker Summum.............. more on the side of longevity from hard, fast riders. customer service, if any........thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Not bought one yet... However I have been asking around.
    My main concerns were around the down-tube, it seems very wide and flat, just line a session 88. Everyone still says it has a thicker walled tube than the session, so doesn't get eaten up by rocks as badly. As for customer service, all I can say is they respond to emails within a few days, I have pestered them with a few questions and they always get back to me, making them a million times better than GT!
    I think there is one guy on here who rides a summum and lost a suspension geometry adjustment chip, I will see if I can find his username to see what his experience has been like.

Wanna ride bikes?
    He lost a pivot bolt, not a geometry adjustment chip, if we're talking about the same guy

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228704

The only problem he had was that Mondraker had made exactly ZERO spare bolts and he had a hard time getting a replacement, but that was prior to the bikes release in most places I think

Commit or eat sh!t
    Christian, it is a super light weight frame, and I don't know if it can survive the monster drops/jumps that you do. Most frames won't. Plus Mondraker doesn't have US distribution as far as I know, so if you break a frame/part, it might be a long time to get a warranty replacement.

Members who have read this thread: 0