Metallic Red Blindside Stolen in SLC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Metallic Red Blindside Stolen in SLC

Sorry for the cross posting, but my one of a kind Metallic Red Blindside was stolen from the top of my car today. Thieves cut the thickest cable you can buy in probably 2 sec and forced it off of a locked Thule Sidearm just as fast without doing more then slightly bending the rack.

Early '08 med frame, w/Ceramic bearings in half the pivots - Metallic red is custom so there is no other frame like it - The whole frame was covered in clearbra to keep it pristine.
    Matching Floating brake
    DHX5 w/Ti spring
    '05 888RC with Go-ride crowns and all upgrades - I loved this fork so much
    White Azonic Outlaw wheels
    2.5" (really ~3") Hutchinson Octopus Tires
    Hone Cranks
    X9 shifters and Rear D, Shimano E-type Front D
    Avid Code's w/8" rotors (These pics are old and show Juicy's)
    E13 DRS
    Thompson seatpost
    WTB saddle which is beaten and torn
    FSA Extreme Pro Headset
    Easton pedal painted metallic red
    Bars I painted metallic red as well
    Oury grips

I had just started changing the rear der cable so it had housing but no cable in it I was was rerouting both it and the brake line down the downtube so there wasn't even my normal cover over the right side chainstay.

I leave for my yearly trip to Whistler on Friday so this is a huge blow. Losing the bike is one thing, losing my only DH sled 3 days before Whistler is completely different.

If you see it, please contact me.

Last edited by phatfreeheeler; 08-19-2009 at 06:13 AM.

NOT Team Sanchez
    dude I'm so sorry for ya! I'll keep an eye out for it down here in stg, If I see someone on it I'll seriously tackle them off it........this kind of thing gets me boiling.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i'll let people know here in provo and hopefully it'll be found. That's freakin rediculous though. Just fyi though, they just released red frames, so there will be other reds around. i'm guessing maybe only a few though.

Glad to Be Alive
    man that bike looks sick....sorry you got it taken.....

hopefully you have homeowner insurance....what lock were you using...any pics of the cable they cut??
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks, I liked it too

I'll try to get a pic of the cable. The thickest Kryponite sells. About my thumb thick.

As for the color, yes they are starting to do red, but this bike is a deep metal flake red. If you saw it in person there would be no question.

check your six
    Damn man,..... that absolutely sucks azz. I wish you the best in finding her, she is a beauty and will stick out. damn.... you must feel sick, i know I would.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    We will be keeping an eye out here in Colorado at the resorts. Sorry for your loss, that SUCKS!

mtbr member
    Damn that sucks man... I'll keep an eye on seattle craigslist and whatnot. If your looking for a temp that you could resell if you get your blindside back and your driving up through washington on I-5 I did see this for sale, it would at least get you through the trip. http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bik/1329609117.html or maybe you could call transition up and they would hook you up with a demo bike for whistler if you told them your situation. Good luck man!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am from SLC. If I see your ride I will kill the thief for you. Where was your bike when it was stolen? If you can give the actual location (like an address) that would help.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Hey Man, holy crap!

Where were you parked? The whole bike theft thing is getting out of control around here. I just talked to another dude who lost a carbon C-Dale about 2 weeks ago in broad daylight over by BD on 39th.

I will be keeping a close eye out and will recover it if I see it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I will pass the word... You should stop by Go-Ride and ask them if you can post up a flyer. Also, check campus if you can. I knew a kid who had his DH bike stolen and then we saw some freshman using it as a commuter bike to campus from the dorms. Needless to say he didnt make it to class that day.

And props on the pics. I love I-street.

banned

damn

We'll be keeping an eye out in the SF bay area. That is one sweet looking ride. I don't think there are any with a painted floater to match the frame either. It will be very hard to sell that on the black market. I hope you get it back!

Just roll it......
    Phatfreeheeler, I might have found someone to help you in Whistler for a bike. Also, definitely talk to Chad_Money (Allen at dropnzone) about his offer.

EB

mtbr member
    That makes me want to shoot people in the face. I'm sorry, dude, that's a beautiful bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I had my bike nicked recently so i know what your feeling. what i would do is set it up again in the same spot then hide round the corner with a baseball bat and beat the living s**t out of them then it will make you fell a lot better.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    Thanks, I liked it too

I'll try to get a pic of the cable. The thickest Kryponite sells. About my thumb thick.

As for the color, yes they are starting to do red, but this bike is a deep metal flake red. If you saw it in person there would be no question.

man I thought you couldn't snap those......do you regulary park in the same spot where it was jacked...How long were you parked there
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0