McGill...- Mtbr.com

Thread: McGill...

mtbr member

... and if we just ... McGill...

...and two dozen clueless MTBRidiots. What the **** is up with all the armored out big hit riders shuttling McGill? It's a ****ing beginner bike path for Christ's Sake! It's suited to beginners and folks riding rigid single speeds, or in my case a ****ing 'cross bike! You dweebs don't have enough creativity to find another trail that has bumps and rocks bigger than 4", and that you can shuttle? LEARN TO READ A MAP!!! I can give you tips on a dozen places within an hour of Frazier Park that you can shuttle and they have a helluva a lot more bang for the buck than ****ing McGill!!! But then I'd have to deal with more ****ing MTBRIdiots cutting trail like at the bottom of the middle section of McGill.

And more importantly, why are you wearing all the armor on McGill? I kept up with you pussies on my 'cross bike and I was just wearing shorts and t-shirt. Try as I might to crash I just couldn't, and you have 6" or more of travel, and nice fatty tires. The trail has about 3 rocks, 2 ruts, and some stutter bumps, if I can ride it on a rigid 'cross bike as fast as you how the **** could you ever end up using all that body armor?

The freeride marketeers have ****ing ruined it for everyone. Everyone that sees these morons riding McGill, the equivalent of a forest service bike path, with their full body armor and freeride bikes are going to think that that's what it takes to get into mountain bike riding. Mommy and Daddy will research what it costs to buy a freeride bike and all the gear and they'll tell poor little Johnny that it's too expensive to start mountain biking. Lame.

Shop *****
    Too bad it's MTB idiots, not MTBR idiots. None of us have any scheduled ride there, and none of us ride on a short, noobie trail. Don't come in here flaming everyone about something they didn't do, because I can tell you that 5/8ths of the people here don't even live in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    Now thats a RANT.
    Last edited by downhiller12345; 06-17-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Trying a little
    do what I do: I stand halfway down mcGill and hand out donuts to people to give up their armor and throw it down the cliff.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Old No. 7
    Put your rant in the regional forums. No one who this doesn't apply to wants to read about your area's problems.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

Equal opportunity meanie
    Most importantly - why do you give a damn what kind of bike they're riding and what kind of protection they are using? They aren't riding an illegal trail and they aren't destroying it.

They probably think you are dumb in the head for riding it on what you do with as little protection as you do. I think you are dumb in the head for starting an account on this website just to post that. There are plenty more things you could have a valid rant about besides slow downhillers. If they simply have one bike and still want to ride the trail, should they not simply because they don't have a 5" bike for that specific trail? Hell I'd ride it on my 10" bike if that's all I had at the time. I'm curious where "everyone" will be seeing that it takes a big bike and body armor to get down McGill - there aren't many people out there at all.

It doesn't really sound like you are having to "deal" with anything, so just for our sake stay out in the woods...

banned
    Take one of these!
    Last edited by GETSTUPID; 01-31-2008 at 09:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Wow, this thread was a waste of time.
    ..::SYCIP:RACING::..

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by ricebowls
    Wow, this thread was a waste of time.
    Exactly, dudes, dont reply and feed this person............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Fartographer
    Where's McGill? I wanna armor up and get sum! I've got a new helmet fin to test.
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

the goose is loose!
    i'll get a pressure suit just to ride McGill now. a slightly valid rant could be all the guys that cut the switchbacks at Mammoth to ride the chutes, only to be slower than the dudes staying on the trail. and besides, cross country riders have just as much a chance of faceplanting as a dh racer. extra protection can't hurt. in fact, i would say those guys are smart in not wanting to take any chances with breaking an elbow or whatnot.

and who says anyone here even rides mcgill?

mtbr member
    What a first post! Brilliant!

I rot before I ripen
    who's this mcgill person and why is he poaching my freeride trail?

d

BLS439
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Where's McGill? I wanna armor up and get sum! I've got a new helmet fin to test.
    Call me when you go out and I'll shoot some pix!
    I take pictures...

tuck-n-roll master
    why doesn't pussies come out as *******? i'm going to have to remember this for future reference...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. :nono: We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

Less yappin, more Brappin
    Are you talking about the McTwist?

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffss
    Are you talking about the McTwist?
    This guy??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

Cinchy is a cool word ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B
    This guy??
    Steve muthafu'in Cab. Who likes The Faction?

mtbr member
    I am impressed with how well you did in your personal race on that archaic sled, a real cinderella story, mad props to you, you handle the glory so well.
    keep doing what you're doing Im behind you buddy don't stop until you have knocked that chip off your shoulder, maybe if you speed up it'll help, good luck

mtbr member
    I hate even replying to ignorance like this but I can't help but point out that you (GTFROMAMB dude) probably just posted a formal written invitation for an army of pissed off "MTBRidiots" to show up bombing down your sacred little trail on 45 lb FR & DH rigs runnin over every skinny weight weeny they come across...

You might wanna consider investing in some body armor yourself little buddy.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

Slopestyle Rider
    Cyclocross, or "cross" bikes as he puts it, are neat. They are like off-road 10-speeds for the weekend Lance Armstrong wannabe. I bet he wears a full lycra uniform adorned with logos from sponsors he doesn't have when he's bombing down that trail. This is the best thread ever.

Ever.

Watch out guys, this guy could be bombing down RIGHT behind you on the trail...

mtbr member
    This thread is nearly good enough to be stickied!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfromamb
    ...and two dozen clueless MTBRidiots. What the **** is up with all the armored out big hit riders shuttling McGill? It's a ****ing beginner bike path for Christ's Sake! It's suited to beginners and folks riding rigid single speeds, or in my case a ****ing 'cross bike! You dweebs don't have enough creativity to find another trail that has bumps and rocks bigger than 4", and that you can shuttle? LEARN TO READ A MAP!!! I can give you tips on a dozen places within an hour of Frazier Park that you can shuttle and they have a helluva a lot more bang for the buck than ****ing McGill!!! But then I'd have to deal with more ****ing MTBRIdiots cutting trail like at the bottom of the middle section of McGill.

And more importantly, why are you wearing all the armor on McGill? I kept up with you pussies on my 'cross bike and I was just wearing shorts and t-shirt. Try as I might to crash I just couldn't, and you have 6" or more of travel, and nice fatty tires. The trail has about 3 rocks, 2 ruts, and some stutter bumps, if I can ride it on a rigid 'cross bike as fast as you how the **** could you ever end up using all that body armor?

The freeride marketeers have ****ing ruined it for everyone. Everyone that sees these morons riding McGill, the equivalent of a forest service bike path, with their full body armor and freeride bikes are going to think that that's what it takes to get into mountain bike riding. Mommy and Daddy will research what it costs to buy a freeride bike and all the gear and they'll tell poor little Johnny that it's too expensive to start mountain biking. Lame.
    You should give them a break here, this is not nice
    You are flaming a group of insecure little ones that have a lot to compensate for whiceh they hide under the armour...........
    Give them time they will grow up.
    I see a skinny rigid HT their future just give it some time
    Myself I am almost there, I ride naked on my HT (stll need to give up the full face and front suspension)

N* Bomber Crew
    Gotta love the Internet.

I have no idea what he is talking about.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Gotta love the Internet.

I have no idea what he is talking about.
    With time you will.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What an incredible D!cK.... I rode up there all weekend with my full face crew and not a single leotard wearing, soapbox spouting, Frankenstein road bike rider could keep up!!! Everyone I met was real nice regardless of being a hiker, XC rider or otherwise.

mtbr member

Good job! yourad!ck

Quote Originally Posted by fsdmusic
    What an incredible D!cK.... I rode up there all weekend with my full face crew and not a single leotard wearing, soapbox spouting, Frankenstein road bike rider could keep up!!! Everyone I met was real nice regardless of being a hiker, XC rider or otherwise.
    When I ride buff trails like McGill, yeah, I ride my "road bike" for a little challenge. I save my La Bruja for trails that actually require it. Like I said, get some creativity and learn to read a map. You may find stuff out there that requires more than 2" of your 8" of travel. And I don't wear leotards or lycra.

And you're wrong about everyone being real nice. A hiker b1tched at (why is bi1tched not allowed here? are the owners a bunch of weird Mormon's or something?) me because I was stopped at the most major shortcut getting ready to put up a barney barrier when he walked up. When I told him what I was doing he apologised and joined in. Stay on the fsckin trail!!! And learn to ride so you don't keep falling off the trail after some of the wimpy switchbacks on McGill.

And I posted this in the FR/DH forum because everywhere I've ridden suffers from MTBRIdiots, it's not a regional issue.

And to the guy who said I was underdressed, what kind of pu55y are you??? McGill is as smooth as a beach bike path, why the hell would I need to wear armor on a bike path? That sounds like the stock answer on MTBRIdiots, "where's your armor, dude, how can you ride without armor, aren't you afraid you might get a scratch without your armor?".

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    When I ride buff trails like McGill, yeah, I ride my "road bike" for a little challenge. I save my La Bruja for trails that actually require it. Like I said, get some creativity and learn to read a map. You may find stuff out there that requires more than 2" of your 8" of travel. And I don't wear leotards or lycra.

And you're wrong about everyone being real nice. A hiker b1tched at (why is bi1tched not allowed here? are the owners a bunch of weird Mormon's or something?) me because I was stopped at the most major shortcut getting ready to put up a barney barrier when he walked up. When I told him what I was doing he apologised and joined in. Stay on the fsckin trail!!! And learn to ride so you don't keep falling off the trail after some of the wimpy switchbacks on McGill.

And I posted this in the FR/DH forum because everywhere I've ridden suffers from MTBRIdiots, it's not a regional issue.

And to the guy who said I was underdressed, what kind of pu55y are you??? McGill is as smooth as a beach bike path, why the hell would I need to wear armor on a bike path? That sounds like the stock answer on MTBRIdiots, "where's your armor, dude, how can you ride without armor, aren't you afraid you might get a scratch without your armor?".

You my friend, are a douchebag

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc
    You my friend, are a major f-ing douchebag
    I 2nd that. But I fixed it a little.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

tuck-n-roll master
    i still don't understand the phrase 'MTBRIdiots'. are you mixing up mtb and mountain-bike-review? or are you just a lurker who finally decided to register and make two worthless posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. :nono: We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm no.

Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Cyclocross, or "cross" bikes as he puts it, are neat. They are like off-road 10-speeds for the weekend Lance Armstrong wannabe.
    No, it's a 29er, those tires are Moto Raptors.soma_on_pinos.jpg

Funny that you pu55ies need 8" of travel and 2.5" tires to ride McGill and all that I need are rigid forks and a 2.1" tire up front.

My arm hurts a little
    gtfromamb - seriously whatís you deal??? Your *****ing at other riders for not riding the bike YOU think they should be riding and because they are wearing more armor then YOU think they should. Are you kidding me??? I donít give a flying **** what anyone rides or wears as long as they are riding and having fun.

Seriously I donít mean to be a dick or anything, Iím on the DL list right now and canít even ride if I wanted to, so your *****ing about armor is just funny. But really shut the F up and keep your *****ing to yourself.

Or at least say it to the rider/riders face. I mean coming on mtbr and talking crap is not going to help you.
    Hardtail downhill

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by #1ORBUST
    gtfromamb - seriously whatís you deal??? Your *****ing at other riders for not riding the bike YOU think they should be riding and because they are wearing more armor then YOU think they should. Are you kidding me??? I donít give a flying **** what anyone rides or wears as long as they are riding and having fun.
    As I said earlier: "Everyone that sees these morons riding McGill, the equivalent of a forest service bike path, with their full body armor and freeride bikes are going to think that that's what it takes to get into mountain bike riding. Mommy and Daddy will research what it costs to buy a freeride bike and all the gear and they'll tell poor little Johnny that it's too expensive to start mountain biking. Lame."

When people see me riding this soma_on_pinos.jpg in baggies and a tshirt they think "oh, look at that, I don't need to buy $8000 worth of bike and gear to ride a bike path like McGill", and then poor Johnnie is more likely to get a bike for Christmas.
    Last edited by gtfromamb; 06-20-2007 at 05:59 PM.

banned
    Like one of the guys said earlier, maybe it's the only bike they own?? A lot of us don't have the money to buy several different bikes, my only ride is a preston. The only helmet I own is a fullface. I don't wear any armour, but if other people do who cares? You have the typical 29er SS attitude, it's pretty piss poor.

mtbr member
    So then ride that bike on a trail where you can put it to the test rather than on a cheesy beginner bike path like McGill. There are plenty of places within 30 minutes of McGill, just pull out a map.

My arm hurts a little
    This has to be a dub. acct. It's prob. Bob trying to pwn everyone.
    Hardtail downhill

mtbr member
    Nope, just a troll from Burbank, CA. I'll head back under my bridge now and return you to your regular MTBRIdiot programming.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Your'e not a very pleasent person are you. You probably don't have many friends, do you.

mtbr member
    Nope, just a troll from Burbank, CA. I'll head back under my bridge now and return you to your regular MTBRIdiot programming.
    Thanks Champ, and don't come out till I call you.

the target bike basher
    Guys we should organize a ride this summer at McGill, dawning body armor and all... Pull out the biggest travel bikes we have and bomb it all day to piss off trolls.. Ill even bring my SUPER EXTREME x factor jump and well get some big air! Im game
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Go hit some more two foot plywood jumps in your culdesack on your toys'r'us magma

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Mt Pinos...you've rode it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Huck It
    Jan 2007
    i think this guy needs to get a life. maybe those kids are beginers and could only buy one bike. so they bought a bike that they could grow in to. as in use the bigger travel when they get better.
    u say that its going to make kids not get bikes because of the exspense, but if u want to kick these kids off the trail so they cant ride how is that any better? i think u need to go back to ur little log and find a ***** so u can get laid. then maybe ull stop ranting about those "crazy downhil kids and their antiks.

Glad to Be Alive
    As I said earlier: "Everyone that sees these morons riding McGill, the equivalent of a forest service bike path, with their full body armor and freeride bikes are going to think that that's what it takes to get into mountain bike riding. Mommy and Daddy will research what it costs to buy a freeride bike and all the gear and they'll tell poor little Johnny that it's too expensive to start mountain biking. Lame."

When people see me riding this soma_on_pinos.jpg in baggies and a tshirt they think "oh, look at that, I don't need to buy $8000 worth of bike and gear to ride a bike path like McGill", and then poor Johnnie is more likely to get a bike for Christmas.
    ok...I have ridden McGill many times.....and you know what...I like wearing armour....when you are doing over 25 mph it is really nice if you do a yard sale....yeah there are not many rocks.....and you probably have a 95% chance of not breaking something, but I still wear armour.. Yeah I agree it is a smooth, smooth trail, but when you are pinning it at higher speeds then the trail gets harder.....

and if there are slow riders wearing armour....I say good to them....yeah you ride faster then them or keep up, but at least if they do fall, they will have less abrasions....

some people pedal up, some dirt jump, some ride DH with pads on an easy trail...who cares .....we are all riding and having fun
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Damnit! This guy is proof that all 29ers all nothing but trouble making pussies!

piss off, gtfromamb.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ride McGill or Pinos often and my crew are not beginners. We pin all 9 miles of Pinos and we are very courteous to hikers and riders climbing up, I doubt highly this fool could hang on the descent regardless of what bike heís on. As SMT said that trail is a blast especially the faster you go. Hands down some of the best single track in So Cal. Technical? Absolutely not, fast? Hell yes! Especially on a hot day its all tree lined and shady and also has great camping spots with very few people. Besides the pizza & beer after the ride at Mikes in Frasier park is worth the trip.

Its funny you get back what you put out. I had nothing but great exchanges with every person I came in contact with over 3 days up there and this guy can only report getting *****ed at by a hiker hhhmmm imagine that

Disco-Superfly
    ok im really getting scared of 29 inch wheels..

back to pondering my morality...
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

OMG!

These guys were out having a good time while you were seething at the mere sight of them. Sounds like jealousy to me, Didn't your mom love you enough as a child?

I'd do her.

mtbr member
    If i rode that bike, i would punch myself in the nuts, then slit my wrists.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i concur with zachdank....... haha.... ride that $hit off a cliff!... and yourself
    Last edited by xdbpxd; 06-20-2007 at 11:49 PM.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    Your'e not a very pleasent person are you. You probably don't have many friends, do you.
    Hahahah, more friends than you because I don't ride my La Bruja on bunny trails like McGill. I save the La Bruja for Deep **** over near Gorman or for Steep Six near Templin Highway. With such killer tech trails (shuttleable, too!) so close to McGill why would ANYONE take their big bikes and armor to McGill? Again, do you really think you need 8" of travel and armor to ride a bike path?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andreee
    i think this guy needs to get a life. maybe those kids are beginers and could only buy one bike. so they bought a bike that they could grow in to. as in use the bigger travel when they get better.
    u say that its going to make kids not get bikes because of the exspense, but if u want to kick these kids off the trail so they cant ride how is that any better? i think u need to go back to ur little log and find a ***** so u can get laid. then maybe ull stop ranting about those "crazy downhil kids and their antiks.
    Thanks for your concern about my sex life, but it's great bro, just got from my girlfriend's! I think you need how to learn to speak English! That is the primary language of this webbie place, isn't it? And even if they're beginners the only way you could fall on McGill is to ride it blindfolded, why do they need all that armor? ****, I'd ride it naked on my 1979 Jubilee Sport FIXED GEAR with slicks and not fall. Seriously, McGill is flatter than the bunny runs at Mammoth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    Damnit! This guy is proof that all 29ers all nothing but trouble making pussies!

piss off, gtfromamb.
    I may be a troublemaker but I sure ain't no *****! I think the guys riding down a bunny trail with armor on and 8" or more of travel are the pussies! Doncha think???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdmusic
    Its funny you get back what you put out. I had nothing but great exchanges with every person I came in contact with over 3 days up there and this guy can only report getting *****ed at by a hiker hhhmmm imagine that
    Yeah, I got b1tched at by some hikers because you losers are cutting the trail right before crossing the road to McGill Campground. You must be flying by the hikers so fast they don't have time to b1tch! You ever really stop to talk to one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adjunkie
    These guys were out having a good time while you were seething at the mere sight of them. Sounds like jealousy to me, Didn't your mom love you enough as a child?

I'd do her.
    Jealous of guys who wear armor on a bike path? You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking! And you probably wouldn't do my Mom, she's not the prettiest 88 year old out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    If i rode that bike, i would punch myself in the nuts, then slit my wrists.
    Why, because you need 8" of travel and body armor to ride a mellow bike path? Damn, son, toughen up a little!!!

mtbr member
    Jealous of guys who wear armor on a bike path? You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking! And you probably wouldn't do my Mom, she's not the prettiest 88 year old out there.

I recommend suicide.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    No casue ur a Biotch-a$$-ole casue i bet everyone of those riders rding with full arm are haulin ass and takin sick lines down this "path". If you think u can keep up with most likley decent to goodto pro riders on that thing u call a mtb... then u are trippin. Honestly Zach gave u the best advice so far!
    Last edited by xdbpxd; 06-21-2007 at 02:01 AM.

mtbr member
    who gives a f'n crap if someone is wearing armor or not.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Hahahah, more friends than you because I don't ride my La Bruja on bunny trails like McGill. I save the La Bruja for Deep **** over near Gorman or for Steep Six near Templin Highway. With such killer tech trails (shuttleable, too!) so close to McGill why would ANYONE take their big bikes and armor to McGill? Again, do you really think you need 8" of travel and armor to ride a bike path?
    I'm curious to know what you think requires 8" of travel out of those two areas. I have limited experience with Gorman but have ridden "a" shuttle trail off Templin Hwy that was technical but in no way needed 8" of travel, and nothing I saw out of Gorman really required travel as much as slack geometry. I'm thinking the Templin trail may be the same one but has a few different names depending on who you ask. If you're confident it is something different let me know and I'll go ride it for myself this weekend and see.

I have never known anyone to have less friends as a result of riding a big bike on an easy trail. Speaking from my own experience and that of others, the worst crashes happen on the easiest XC trails.

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    I may be a troublemaker but I sure ain't no *****! I think the guys riding down a bunny trail with armor on and 8" or more of travel are the pussies! Doncha think???
    Do you have a valid *****? I don't care. Do I know where this trail is? Hell no. My only complaint with your post is that you really don't know why those people were on the trail with their full armor on. Why not just ask them? After all, you posted that you "kept up with you pussies on my 'cross bike and I was just wearing shorts and a t-shirt."

Instead of posting up here and running your cockwasher, maybe you should've talked with them and asked what was up. Then, if you got a f-you or any other negative feedback, you would be able back up your boohooing.

Get over it guy. So you kept up with a few guys on their big bikes and armor. Big fvcking deal. What does that make you? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

mtbr member
    cool man, thats awesome that your not a pussie! I bet your moms really proud of that! wanna see my balls?

mtbr member
    Yeah, I got b1tched at by some hikers because you losers are cutting the trail right before crossing the road to McGill Campground.
    Sh!t bro, that must've been rough! My heart goes out to you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hahahah, more friends than you because I don't ride my La Bruja on bunny trails like McGill.

Neither do I.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    wanna see my balls?
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    No, it's a 29er, those tires are Moto Raptors.soma_on_pinos.jpg

Funny that you pu55ies need 8" of travel and 2.5" tires to ride McGill and all that I need are rigid forks and a 2.1" tire up front.
    Your very hardcore, son. I aspire to one day be like you and ride an oversized 29er with skinny ass tires and a seat that rapes my ass all the time!

mtbr member
    I like them old

Glad to Be Alive
    I smell fish, fish, fish

the goose is loose!
    who says anyone from MTBR rides McGill?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yeah, I got b1tched at by some hikers because you losers are cutting the trail right before crossing the road to McGill Campground. You must be flying by the hikers so fast they don't have time to b1tch! You ever really stop to talk to one?

Yes I camped there for 3 days and spoke to many hikers and XC riders everyone was great! I even set up some jumps with rocks over some fire pits (no fire was lit) and rode a few big trees that were fallen over.

Yeah, I got b1tched at by some hikers because you losers are cutting the trail right before crossing the road to McGill Campground.
    Not cutting any trail here unless you consider after going over the paved road and entering into the Pinos campground and avoiding the paved walkway that all the XCers climb up trail? This spot is the only thing that offers a log jump or very small drop into a fast g-out and then a nice little jump over a rock at the top. This is a campground area not a trail so no trail cutting happening. Whats the big deal? if theres no campers at the time and its an area designated for campers RV's Firepits etc.

Get back on the road with your Frankenstein bike and shut your trap!

freeride jerk
    dude you are the most pathetic thing i have ever heard of. i think you should pull that rigid fork and those 29er tires out of your ass, youd prolly be a nicer person. Why the hell do you come in here to talk crap like this it makes no sense at all. people have diffrent ways of riding, and some prefer to wear all there gear, because they just feel comfortable with it on. if you have a problem with that then go ride somewhere else, but with that bike i doubt youd make it past your driveway. anyway i think that you should seriously stop complaining and go by your self some gear, because if anyone sees you on the trail there going to say, theres that 29er jerk that was on mtbr, lets run him off a cliff!
    SHANTY

Can I Borrow Some Style?
    What I am hearing is a big case of "OH LOOK HOW GOOD I AM".

Good for you that you can ride "fast" and keep up with them. Good for you that you are confident enough in your riding to go fast with shorts and a t-shirt. Good for you that people in this world have common sense. All you're doing is bragging about how good you are and how dumb other people are. Just because you can ride fast without armor doesn't mean everyone else can. All this comes down to is you boosting your ego by ragging on a crew of riders (who I doubt were MTBR members) who were just shredding in their own style. Get over yourself dude, your "fast", you don't ride armor, and your ego is huge, way to go.
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

Oh, So Interesting!
    This is great... I'll make it a point to bomb McGill with all my armor riding my 42 lb bike next time I'm in the area. Thanks for the tip. If I see you on that bike I'll kick you in the nuts on my way by.

Members who have read this thread: 0