McCaul on Fox.- Mtbr.com

Thread: McCaul on Fox.

mtbr member

McCaul on Fox.

I just saw an ad in Decline and it shows McCaul, Strait and Bearcloth in a fox ad.

crazy how McCaul was last Manitou held onto when they ditched Chase, Porter and Bearclaw.

craziness.

Bike Hustler
    who wouldnt want to ditch manitou for fox though?
    SHAM-WOW

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by LoozinSkin
    I wouldn't want a manitou either
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Bum Buzzer
    Fox XC forks are nice.....

Peace Coast Style
    Wow so does Manitou have anyone left on the freeride circuit? I'd definately take Fox over Manitou any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    They've still got Kovarik...

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    They've still got Kovarik...
    The Hayes Group (Hayes, Manitou, Sun-Ringle) sponsors the MS-Intense/CRC-Intense team.

GERONIMO!!!!!!!
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LoozinSkin
    I would manitou's suck i have had 2 and they both sucked. And fox owns By far the best suspension i have ridden

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    wow the funny thing is iv been away from biking sence november and i even knew that.
    "If Your Not Breaking Derailleur's Ur Not Riding Hard Enough"

Jackalope Hunter
    Didn't Fox have an ad a little while ago that had Cam Supermaning a canyon gap that was also a sequence in NWD7?
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjudy13
    Didn't Fox have an ad a little while ago that had Cam Supermaning a canyon gap that was also a sequence in NWD7?
    You're thinking Fox Riders Co. (Clothing)

He was on Manipoo then...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    I dunno here, every fox fork I've owned has had problems. Anyone on here with a 2006 36 with Talas will agree. I think I had two rides on mine before my brand new $1000 fork blew it's Talas cartridge (and on a xc downhill too). After it got "professionally rebuilt" by Fox I didn't touch the Talas, it was cool for about 6 months until it decided that it didn't want to get full travel so now it's a 5 inch fork. I've since swapped to another brand spankin new 36 Talas and the fork works okay (except the horrendous brake dive, and yes I know how to set up my suspension very well). With Fox you pay a premium for slightly better than average suspension performance at the cost of more maintenence to keep it running. They're light but certainly not durable, ever crack the stancions on a 40? They brag about how their products are lightweight, but in order to make them light they sacrifice A LOT of structural strength. Fox is one of the most over-hyped companies out there. By comparison, I've never had a problem with any Manitou product I've owned. This is coming from a guy who has about as much grace and flow on a bike as a semi truck. They aren't the fanciest, and don't have the most advanced dampening systems on the market... but they work. I've had a Swinger 4 way that worked flawlessly as well as a Travis 150 (non intrinsic) and a 203(intrinsic). And no matter what anyone says, the DHX 5.0 coil doesn't come close in comparison to how a Revox feels.

I dunno, its all opinion based. Some lightweight kid will probably like Fox better than my 200 pound girth will. And I'm sure others have had better luck with Fox, but all I've had with them is headaches with their products failing to live up to their expectations. I'm slowly in the process of saving up for better stuff so I can get the riff raff off my bike.

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    You're thinking Fox Riders Co. (Clothing)

He was on Manipoo then...
    Gotcha... new it was a fox ad of some sort tho...
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

Don't skid
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    I dunno here, every fox fork I've owned has had problems. Anyone on here with a 2006 36 with Talas will agree. I think I had two rides on mine before my brand new $1000 fork blew it's Talas cartridge (and on a xc downhill too). After it got "professionally rebuilt" by Fox I didn't touch the Talas, it was cool for about 6 months until it decided that it didn't want to get full travel so now it's a 5 inch fork. I've since swapped to another brand spankin new 36 Talas and the fork works okay (except the horrendous brake dive, and yes I know how to set up my suspension very well). With Fox you pay a premium for slightly better than average suspension performance at the cost of more maintenence to keep it running. They're light but certainly not durable, ever crack the stancions on a 40? They brag about how their products are lightweight, but in order to make them light they sacrifice A LOT of structural strength. Fox is one of the most over-hyped companies out there. By comparison, I've never had a problem with any Manitou product I've owned. This is coming from a guy who has about as much grace and flow on a bike as a semi truck. They aren't the fanciest, and don't have the most advanced dampening systems on the market... but they work. I've had a Swinger 4 way that worked flawlessly as well as a Travis 150 (non intrinsic) and a 203(intrinsic). And no matter what anyone says, the DHX 5.0 coil doesn't come close in comparison to how a Revox feels.

I dunno, its all opinion based. Some lightweight kid will probably like Fox better than my 200 pound girth will. And I'm sure others have had better luck with Fox, but all I've had with them is headaches with their products failing to live up to their expectations. I'm slowly in the process of saving up for better stuff so I can get the riff raff off my bike.
    I have an 06 36 TALAS and I don't agree at all. I have been riding mine for well over a year and have had zero issues with it. ITs get full travel and the TALAS adjustment works great. As for break dive, it doesn't feel ecessive by any means. And for the record I weight in at 270.
    As for the 40's arch cracking, wasn't that like in the first year they came out? I haven't heard of any issues with that since then.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

Ideas Above My Station...

I'm 210 and rode my 32 Float (Yes 32!!) into the ground, genuinely!

30ft gaps, big drops, plenty of hammering through rock gardens, not a squeek!

I haven't got a bad word to say.

Everyone has a different experience, and its based on a million different factors. I have been doing a whole lot of trawling forums in the past months for research on what bike to get next, and theres a whole lot more things going wrong with Manitou. I for one really like them, but there are endless stories of reliability issues, far more than Fox. (From what i've heard and read).

I've got Totem Solo Airs now, but am seriously considering getting some 36 Floats, as the Totems are overkill for me i think.
    Have to give respect to the swinger 4-way though. Nothing but good stuff said about that.

thats right living legend

To say that Manipoo is anywhere aproaching Fox in performance or reliability is a joke. I'm running a brand new 08 Talas 36 myself, and have had time on the 07, and if you can't tune the dive enough for your liking out of that fork, than you in fact DO NOT know how to tune your susp.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

thats right living legend
    double douche
    Last edited by blackagness; 04-30-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew4president
    I would manitou's suck i have had 2 and they both sucked. And fox owns By far the best suspension i have ridden

Have you owned a marzo fork?
    '08 Turner DHR :)

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    I happen to like my manipoos(travis, nixon). I think fox can take there XC forks and shove them where the sun don't shine. And as for the 36, I think its nice, but not as amazing as so many claim they are. I also have some Marzocchis, ride pretty nice, and are VERY reliable, but for my money, Rock Shox has 'em all beat, my two cents. Ride what you have, if you're like me, and you're riding a bike, you're probably smiling anyways regardless of the fork

When in doubt, go faster
    Manpoopy for sure. Love Manitou.

I just wanna go fast!
    It sorta makes sense too, Cam lives pretty close to fox headquarters.

Registered Jong
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwater racing1013
    Have you owned a marzo fork?
    Have you ever owned a fox fork far superior to marz forks.

Members who have read this thread: 0