mavic rims- Mtbr.com

Thread: mavic rims

Jan 2004

mavic rims

I'm looking at getting some new mavic rims can you guys help. I'm either gonna get the EX729 or the EX823. the difference in the hight and rims in significantly different. 729- about 36mm wide 27mm ish i cant remenber exactly. the 823 are about 30mm wide and 21mm tall i know that one is that demension. the 823 is tubless and the 729 is not. I am not the smothest ridden but i am progressivly getting better quickly. I mostly ride ski resorts, occational small jump 6'-10' i am also gonna start racing this year. I would like the 823 because they are tubless and save weight but am i gonna get a significant more strength out of the 729 that its not worth going tubless. Sorry this post was so long. please leave some helpful feedback. thanks

Jan 2004

Idea! Mavic Rims...

Quote Originally Posted by trvsklsy
    I'm looking at getting some new mavic rims can you guys help. I'm either gonna get the EX729 or the EX823. the difference in the hight and rims in significantly different. 729- about 36mm wide 27mm ish i cant remenber exactly. the 823 are about 30mm wide and 21mm tall i know that one is that demension. the 823 is tubless and the 729 is not. I am not the smothest ridden but i am progressivly getting better quickly. I mostly ride ski resorts, occational small jump 6'-10' i am also gonna start racing this year. I would like the 823 because they are tubless and save weight but am i gonna get a significant more strength out of the 729 that its not worth going tubless. Sorry this post was so long. please leave some helpful feedback. thanks
    Hi; currently I've been using Mavic Ex823's with Michelin 2.5"x26's on my DH bike with no problems. I included an old post from about 1day ago on Mavic rims. .
    Posted by Zerdo (see below). One thing about tubless is being able to run low tire pressure with out the worry about pinch-flats. The only thing that could give a problem, is some tires used with UST tubless will leak off when not in use, more than others. So check your tires before every ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images