Mavic EX721's- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mavic EX721's

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Mavic EX721's

Hello all, im looking to order a new mavic ex721 soon, on their new 2005 site, it says the ex721s come in black. Anyone seen any in black or could direct me to any places that sell them in black.
    http://www.mavic.com/servlet/srt/mav...ct.id=80&lg=uk
    Thanks .

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntbiker319
    Hello all, im looking to order a new mavic ex721 soon, on their new 2005 site, it says the ex721s come in black. Anyone seen any in black or could direct me to any places that sell them in black.
    https://www.mavic.com/servlet/srt/ma...ct.id=80&lg=uk
    Thanks .
    i tried unsuccessfully to order some 05 mavics (ex823's). maybe the 05 721's will be different and you will actually receive them instead of getting promise after promise from Mavic. Black would really be cool. i was able to find some D521's brand new so i went with them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Anyone have any way to contact mavic? email? phone number?

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntbiker319
    Anyone have any way to contact mavic? email? phone number?
    your local bike shop or call go-ride.com

Glad to Be Alive
    man buying new rims.....I can't believe how many people that don't ride the tubeless set up

here it is for you Tubeless Mavic Black EX823's. They are even stronger this year

is this black enough??
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:20 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    man buying new rims.....I can't believe how many people that don't ride the tubeless set up

here it is for you Tubeless Mavic Black EX823's. They are even stronger this year

is this black enough??
    D521's are tubeless, not UST.
    i cant tell if those are the new ones or not. looks like those are the 04's with the ring around the lip.

the new ones are supposed to look like this:

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel
    i tried unsuccessfully to order some 05 mavics (ex823's). maybe the 05 721's will be different and you will actually receive them instead of getting promise after promise from Mavic.
    '05 823s in 36 hole format are availbale, 32 hole will be delayed until end of march they say. Some people who thought they were getting '05s were actually receiving '04 models, so there was some confusion to weither there was a difference between the years.

The new '05 models will actually rival the weight of a 729, or a 721 with Stans strips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    '05 823s in 36 hole format are availbale, 32 hole will be delayed until end of march they say. Some people who thought they were getting '05s were actually receiving '04 models, so there was some confusion to weither there was a difference between the years.

The new '05 models will actually rival the weight of a 729, or a 721 with Stans strips.
    well, i told em to F*ck off last week after they said they failed to deliver the rims, again. Life's too short. And it isnt proven yet that the new ones will last. there is a thread in RM where a dude has flatted the "new" 823 already. Im happy with the 521/721.

Glad to Be Alive
    D521's are tubeless, not UST.
    i cant tell if those are the new ones or not. looks like those are the 04's with the ring around the lip.

the new ones are supposed to look like this:
    yep that is a pic of an 05. I have one of those ready to be laced up for the rear
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    well, i told em to F*ck off last week after they said they failed to deliver the rims, again. Life's too short. And it isnt proven yet that the new ones will last. there is a thread in RM where a dude has flatted the "new" 823 already. Im happy with the 521/721.
    www.beyondbikes.com was the only place where I could get the 36 hole. They also had a lot of 32 hole too last year too. WHeelWorld got me my new 823's in one week...36 spoke

He must have had a crappy rim build. My first rim was did bad and it got tweaked within the first week. I took it to another rim builder and the thing is tits now