Mavic 823's strong?- Mtbr.com
    Schmeow Productions

Mavic 823's strong?

today on my UCLA urban session i tried bunnyhopping up a set of stairs and cased it on the least one, and pinch flatted. so this got me really pissed cuz i barely hit it and i wasn't going that fast!

so i have 2 questions for y'all. SMT, i think you could help a lot in this thread.

1. could going tubless help prevent against all these pinchflats? would stans do anything? What are advantages to tubless for urban?

2. would Mavic 823's hold up against drops to flat, 180's (or attempts at least) and dings etc... from casing/staircases?

thanks doods,
    JJ

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    today on my UCLA urban session i tried bunnyhopping up a set of stairs and cased it on the least one, and pinch flatted. so this got me really pissed cuz i barely hit it and i wasn't going that fast!

so i have 2 questions for y'all. SMT, i think you could help a lot in this thread.

1. could going tubless help prevent against all these pinchflats? would stans do anything? What are advantages to tubless for urban?

2. would Mavic 823's hold up against drops to flat, 180's (or attempts at least) and dings etc... from casing/staircases?

thanks doods,
    JJ
    Question #1 no more pinch flats...run the stans inside to seal if you ride over something....I have a hole the size of a pencil in my tire right now and it sealed it....keep a tube of super glue as your patch kit

Question #2 yes they will hold up, but make sure you get a GREAT, not good, I said great wheel build...Dave over at WheelWorld in WoodlandHills is a great builder and has built mine and a few buddies rims

FYI...make sure you get UST tires...this will prevent burbing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Question #1 no more pinch flats...run the stans inside to seal if you ride over something....I have a hole the size of a pencil in my tire right now and it sealed it....keep a tube of super glue as your patch kit

Question #2 yes they will hold up, but make sure you get a GREAT, not good, I said great wheel build...Dave over at WheelWorld in WoodlandHills is a great builder and has built mine and a few buddies rims

FYI...make sure you get UST tires...this will prevent burbing
    what are the best ust urban tires if there are any? holyrollers?

Innovate or die!
    I have hit rocks here at whistler going about 30 mph over the past few days.....perfectly aligned, no flat spots. 823's rock.

Glad to Be Alive
    what are the best ust urban tires if there are any? holyrollers?
    I don't know much about urban tires...but maxxis makes UST highrollers make sure you ask for the UST kind.....

I would get some Michelins though...I have my best luck with those
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Schmeow Productions
    I don't know much about urban tires...but maxxis makes UST highrollers make sure you ask for the UST kind.....

I would get some Michelins though...I have my best luck with those
    this is for purely urban/dj though..... so i might go ghetto tubless. it's still reliable, right?

Glad to Be Alive
    this is for purely urban/dj though..... so i might go ghetto tubless. it's still reliable, right?

yeah still reliable.....I wouldn't spend the cash on the 823's if it was strickly urban/dj

823's just give you better acceleration and easier to pedal

Schmeow Productions
    yeah still reliable.....I wouldn't spend the cash on the 823's if it was strickly urban/dj

823's just give you better acceleration and easier to pedal
    but appearently they don't pinch flat.

Glad to Be Alive
    but appearently they don't pinch flat.
    set them up right they won't pinch flat...get the stuff and I will bring down my air compressor then we will hit some DJ's or UCLA

Schmeow Productions
    set them up right they won't pinch flat...get the stuff and I will bring down my air compressor then we will hit some DJ's or UCLA
    w/e, i'm probaly not gonna change rims until mine die. so for now, i'm looking at the holy rollers and hoping they're a bit stiffer than k-rads.

Glad to Be Alive
    w/e, i'm probaly not gonna change rims until mine die. so for now, i'm looking at the holy rollers and hoping they're a bit stiffer than k-rads.

you can use the rims you have with ghetto stans......all you do is put a rim strip on it and some stans juice and you are all set to go without a tube