Marzocchi Vs. Marzocchi (VF2 vs. 07' RCV?)- Mtbr.com
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005

Marzocchi Vs. Marzocchi (VF2 vs. 07' RCV?)

Hey guys, I've had some luck and finally and got rid of my pos Haro Extreme. I sold it for a 1000$ and used it a year heh, but it was in mint condish=) I got real lucky. Anyways, I am going to build up a Versus Trigger and am in the process of picking a fork. I have boiled it down to Marzocchi only so please manitou and fox fans don't write GET THE FOX TROT 40 goober!!!!!!!!!! JK Anyways, I want to get one of the 888 series but am speculating whether to get the new 07' RCV or 06' VF2 both have compression dampning and rebound adjust only I'm not sure about the 07' internals. Does anyone know which is better, and please write why? I am also looking for the pricing of the RCV/ VF2 and couldnt find it anywhere, if someone would let me know that would be great.

Thanks, Shredder111

i drink shower water
    i like the VF2 more, but thats just me.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hopefully whoever bought your Haro doesn't read this thread.

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    Ha, no worries there. The dude I sold it to was a Czech person and didn't speak English and he has no clue this site exists, but it was a legit deal he knew what he was paying for. He said he had a Haro X6 but it got stolen last year, and plus I sold it with hydros, a new chainguide, and stem, so I mean the price was backed up lol. Enough of that ha, anyways keep the input coming I need much more info on both of these forks before I make a final decision it's a lot of money to put in and I want to make sure what I buy is mtbr certified

Thanks much, Shredder111

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    Comon people please! I see over 100 people logged on I need lots of opinions, fact, and evidence as soon as possible, please I am begging you!!!!

Thanks, Shredder111

Bum Buzzer
    Get the 05 RC from Wheelworld for less than those new jammies...

GRAVY!

Broken and dizzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Banzai
    Get the 05 RC from Wheelworld for less than those new jammies...

GRAVY!
    Or eBay, or whatever. Really, why would you limit your ability to tune/adjust the fork just for a new year model?

Canadian Invasion
    I have an '06 VF2. I love it. I did need to get the stiff springs though, and increase the oil level. But now it handles everything I throw at it, especially the big hits. I am thinking of upgrading the high speed dampening by installing a RC2X cartridge in one of the legs. Anyone have any experience with this?

Portland, OR
    I've ridden both. really dont get a 05 marzocchi, it will kill your bike. the VF2 and RCV are pretty similar. I liked the RCV better. it just seems to work nicer for some reason, felt good at small bump.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    I've ridden both. really dont get a 05 marzocchi, it will kill your bike. the VF2 and RCV are pretty similar. I liked the RCV better. it just seems to work nicer for some reason, felt good at small bump.
    the only bad thing bout the '05's is the very tall axle to crown height (595mm) @ 170mm travel. the '06 66's at 170 has an ac height of only 555. it is good for downhill stability though cuz of the slack HA

the internals of the '05 66RC is superior to that of the '06 VF2 or the '07 RV. It's first gen HSCV v.s. SSVF v.s. RV damping and my money is still with the HSCV.

At $489, i'd surely get it
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgto
    the only bad thing bout the '05's is the very tall axle to crown height (595mm) @ 170mm travel. the '06 66's at 170 has an ac height of only 555. it is good for downhill stability though cuz of the slack HA

the internals of the '05 66RC is superior to that of the '06 VF2 or the '07 RV. It's first gen HSCV v.s. SSVF v.s. RV damping and my money is still with the HSCV.

At $489, i'd surely get it
    it doesnt really slack out the bike in a good way. they're just too tall. a 170mm 05 66 will probably be able to rake out a demo 9, they're retardedly stupid. not only that, but I broke my 888, sent it into zocchi and they couldent figure out what the hell happened. they sent my a 888RC2X at 200mm, that was a great fork. and you can find them for cheaper nowdays. get away from the 05 crap, look into 06
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    I am specifically reffering to the 888 RCV 07' and 06' VF2, I was wondering about their price range because I have seen them at similar price rates. I am also trying to find out which is better in performance and was wondering if because of the Moto X cartridge the 06' VF2 was better because I dont think the 07' RCV has one. They have the same compression dampning and rebound adjust though so other than that I'm not sure and asking. Would it really be worth it to upgrade to the RCX2 VA or what? I need your input on all of their performance. I will be mainly using this fork for freeride and drops including some downhill so Im not sure if I need the bottom out protection and weight adjust. Just need much more info, I'm buying tuesday so please hurry

Thanks much, Shredder111

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    Thanks for the info guys=) Any more info possible from others who have used either of these 888's?.....buying tuesday, need help here.

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    Ahhhhh screw it, I'll just go with the RCV

Members who have read this thread: 0