Marzocchi vs.....Manitou- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Marzocchi vs.....Manitou

ok well i no most people in here are Marzocchi fans all the way. are any of you manitou loyal? i own both and im definetly all about Marz. i ride urban mostly sense im in the city, and when i first got my 04 scrap it came with a mz race fork which for a fork not even made for freeride worked surprisingly well and i had alot of convidence in riding it. well im on a serious budget and decided i wanted to upgrade to something with more travel that would work better for dh too. i bought a manitou stance blunt fork for a great price. i've been riding it for about 1 1/2 months now and i have to say its surprisingly good for dh, but isn't great for urban. im sorta disappointed in the fork just because the rebound adjustment doesn't make much of a difference and its two soft. i like it alot for dh because it will take most obsticles(not too huge) on the trail. for urban its not stiff enough and i do get worried that it will bottom out on big drops to flat, as will most forks, but i dont have a ton of confidence. i was originally planning on getting a zr 1 used but i couldn't find anything. all and all im happy i bought it just because i do everything on my HT, although im buying a full susp. dh rig very soon to go with it, so im glad it works well for somethings. i just want to no if anybody likes manitou more then marzocchi, because i dont see how they could haha.
    Nor-Cal Freeride Mob

mtbr member
    Well, i used to have a manitou fx on a previous XC bike, and it was alright, just really old. I i since bought a used Kona Stinky with a Marz Z5. the steerer is pulling out of the crown, so i called Marz. They said they wont fix it, and i can trade it in for their upgrade program. well, the chepest one, a dj3, is gonna be 199 after sending them my z5. thats dumb, sunce i can buy it off the street for that new. and the customer service lady was a jerk about it. so i have since decided to go with a Manitou Black comp on my new jumper/urban/trail ride (a sweet Fetish Fixation). I kno, its not the best urban fork, but i got a killer deal on it. so thats my story. i like manitou better

i actually wanted a Pike, but couldnt find anything less than 400
    Im just saying..

/dev/null
    Do girls not associate with you, to the point that you require such validation for your purchasing decisions so you don't feel like a total loser? Try a little reading, it might help you start a conversation with them.

It also might help you write a coherent thought, using carraige returns and appropriate punctuation, but I think that might be hoping for a miracle.

Guess what? Some people like Manitou better than Marzocchi. How do I know this? The freakin' company is still in business. Guess what else? Nobody cares. Ride what you like. If you like Marzocchi, great, whoop-dee-doo you're a special little boy. Special in that, rides-the-short-bus kind of way.

Pro Crastinator
    eye leik too ryde teh short buss......

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Do girls not associate with you, to the point that you require such validation for your purchasing decisions so you don't feel like a total loser? Try a little reading, it might help you start a conversation with them.

It also might help you write a coherent thought, using carraige returns and appropriate punctuation, but I think that might be hoping for a miracle.

Guess what? Some people like Manitou better than Marzocchi. How do I know this? The freakin' company is still in business. Guess what else? Nobody cares. Ride what you like. If you like Marzocchi, great, whoop-dee-doo you're a special little boy. Special in that, rides-the-short-bus kind of way.
    tough customer
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2004

yup everywhere you go, there has to be at least ONE forum nazi

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    a little high strong there....

Quote Originally Posted by binary visions

Nor-Cal Freeride Mob