Marzocchi QR20+ Hub info here- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Marzocchi QR20+ Hub info here

Ok, I looked all around and found little info available on this hub before I pulled this apart, so I though I'd share what I found, first-hand.

My hub came with a 2001 SuperT (6" travel), and had the QR20+ dropouts with the metal axel covers that screw on to the lower legs. This hub fits just fine on my 2003 SuperT, but I have to use the axel that came with the hub and its QR skewer. The bolt-on axel that came with the 2003 SuperT needs a floating-axel design hub so you can remove the wheel. The cups that provide the correct hub spacing and shield the cartridge bearings on the 2001 hub are a fixed design such that they screw on to the axel.

So I pulled off these end cups after unscrewing the small hex screw. It's a snug fit but I could do it with my hands. After the outer cups were off, I used a plastic mallet to tap the axel. This pushed out the bearing on the opposite side of wheel since there is a raised bearing "seat" behind the cartridge bearings. This seat is plenty large to support the bearing. I repeated this step from the other side to remove the second bearing, but this time I held the axel with my hand to make sure my mallet was putting even force on the bearing.

The bearings that came out were labelled: ""EZO" "JAPAN" "6804RS". I have no idea if this bearing model has been discontinued but if anyone knows of more universal dimensions or description for this bearing, please feel free to post up here on this thread.

Anyways, I know there's a ton of these hubs in use out there and that this may help others. It's a 10 min job pull apart the hubs and remove the bearings. Marzocchi has no documentation on this hub that I have seen so hopefully this helps others.

Mike

LT1
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Those bearings are not uncommon...

Quote Originally Posted by islander

...The bearings that came out were labelled: ""EZO" "JAPAN" "6804RS". I have no idea if this bearing model has been discontinued but if anyone knows of more universal dimensions or description for this bearing, please feel free to post up here on this thread...

Mike
    ...they are 6804RS. Take that number to any bearing supplier, they will be able to identify and order/sell you replacements.