Marzocchi Monster T Rebuild- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Marzocchi Monster T Rebuild

I just picked up a Marzocchi Monster T (don't actually have it yet, but it's on the way) and plan on changing the oil, cleaning it up, and replacing the seals before putting it back together again. I have worked on Rock Shox in the past but never Marzocchi. I have found a little bit of information on the Marzocchi website (owner's manual and oil levels). They give the Monster's oil level as 380 (I assume cc or ml). Is the Monster the same as the Monster T (Monster T not on the list)? Also, Marzocchi currently doesn't have a 40 mm stanchion tubed fork on the market so how available are the seal kits? Finally, is there anything else I should know about before beginning?
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr
    I just picked up a Marzocchi Monster T (don't actually have it yet, but it's on the way) and plan on changing the oil, cleaning it up, and replacing the seals before putting it back together again. I have worked on Rock Shox in the past but never Marzocchi. I have found a little bit of information on the Marzocchi website (owner's manual and oil levels). They give the Monster's oil level as 380 (I assume cc or ml). Is the Monster the same as the Monster T (Monster T not on the list)? Also, Marzocchi currently doesn't have a 40 mm stanchion tubed fork on the market so how available are the seal kits? Finally, is there anything else I should know about before beginning?
    Best to call Marzocchi and get the oil level measurment - Marz. manuals are known to have volumes spec's that are incorrect.

mtbr member
    Will do, thanks.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keen
    Best to call Marzocchi and get the oil level measurment - Marz. manuals are known to have volumes spec's that are incorrect.
    I just called Marzocchi and they told me 310-320 cc which is quite a discrepancy from the printed instructions at 380 cc. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

Members who have read this thread: 0