Marzocchi EXR Comp warranty- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Marzocchi EXR Comp warranty

hay
    has any one here ever warrantyed Marzocchi EXR Comp forks how much money is the warranty for?

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Understand that if you broke it freeriding, dirt jumping, downhilling, or doing anything similer, that it shouldn't be warrentied.

The EXR is not a freeride fork, it's not a DH fork, it's not a dirt jumping fork. It's a mild XC fork (like a RS pilot or Manitou 6).

The fault lies with the company that made your bike and speced the fork. Marzocchi sells OEM forks to the bike manufacturers, and what they do with the forks after that is up to them, unfortunatly we are seeing a lot of bikes with inadaquate forks these days. It brings the price down to 400 or 600, as with the Giant STP 3 and 2 that we sell in our shop, but the fork isn't designed for the same kind of riding that the bike is, and it's simply a time-bomb if you are going to do drops, freeriding, dhing, jumps, etc....
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    so you are saying that if i have a p2 it is specilized bike it is up to specilized. and they are not broken they are just getting woren out.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly high
    so you are saying that if i have a p2 it is specilized bike it is up to specilized. and they are not broken they are just getting woren out.
    Well, you might be sheiße out of luck, Marzocchi will tell you that you weren't using the fork for it's intended application, and Specialized will try to pass the buck and say "call marzocchi". It's going to suck either way.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    Understand that if you broke it freeriding, dirt jumping, downhilling, or doing anything similer, that it shouldn't be warrentied.

The EXR is not a freeride fork, it's not a DH fork, it's not a dirt jumping fork. It's a mild XC fork (like a RS pilot or Manitou 6).

The fault lies with the company that made your bike and speced the fork. Marzocchi sells OEM forks to the bike manufacturers, and what they do with the forks after that is up to them, unfortunatly we are seeing a lot of bikes with inadaquate forks these days. It brings the price down to 400 or 600, as with the Giant STP 3 and 2 that we sell in our shop, but the fork isn't designed for the same kind of riding that the bike is, and it's simply a time-bomb if you are going to do drops, freeriding, dhing, jumps, etc....
    Manitou 6's are fun. I had one on my 02 Rockhopper when I started riding and did some fun 8stair drops to flat on it.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

yea.....

i have done a 13 stair to flat on my exr's they took it ONCE. not gonna try again tho.
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    not made for FR/DH or excessive abuse...period...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    so did they waranty it

Disco-Superfly
    I have a EXR comp, yes it sucks.
    you didnt break it yet?
    Mine hasent broke yet either, but when/if it does it wont be under warranty beacuse its not meant for what we do to it.
    I want that stupid thing to break i hate it.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.