Marzocchi Crash Replacement- Mtbr.com
    -arschloch-
    Apr 2004

Marzocchi Crash Replacement

I was just browsing around the Marzocchi website and came across this:

Quote Originally Posted by www.marzocchi.com
    ATTENTION FREE RIDERS, EXTREME FREE RIDERS, DIRT JUMPERS AND URBAN RIDERS

If you have misused or abused your forks, or if you have landed improperly in the past, Marzocchi will upgrade:
    - Z3, Z3.5 or Z5 forks (30mm MY 2001-2002) to new model year 2003 DJI or DJIII forks
    - Z1 30mm (MY 2001-2002) to new model year 2003 Z1 FR 32mm at a discounted price, regardless of whether your forks show any signs of fatigue, damage, impacts, cracking, creaking, leaking, etc.
    I found it here at the bottom of the page:

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/de...IDOggetto=2801

So, has anyone done this? What was the price? I have an old pair of 2001 Z1 drop-offs that could prolly qualify as having 'seen better days.'

Let's hear the expert opinions...
    To air is human, to dig is divine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Im curious too!

I have a 2001 Z5 that definitely has seen better days...

Justin Vander Pol
    I turned in a old played out 2000 z.3 80mm fork for a 2004 SuperT last summer. $515 delivered to my door, and the z.3 didn't have obvious damage. Great deal since that old fork, wasn't worth a dime anymore.

Pro Crastinator
    broken '02 dj1 to a '04 dj1 for $250.......

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuffer
    I was just browsing around the Marzocchi website and came across this:

I found it here at the bottom of the page:

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/de...IDOggetto=2801

So, has anyone done this? What was the price? I have an old pair of 2001 Z1 drop-offs that could prolly qualify as having 'seen better days.'

Let's hear the expert opinions...
    Basically you can take your old fork to your LBS or call us directly. You will then send us your old fork and we give you a reduced price on a new fork. The forks offered will be a similar model to what you have. IE no 888 for your old Z5... But you could upgrade to a DJ, Drop Off, or Z1 Freeride...

Brian

T.Dot Represent
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Peterson
    Basically you can take your old fork to your LBS or call us directly. You will then send us your old fork and we give you a reduced price on a new fork. The forks offered will be a similar model to what you have. IE no 888 for your old Z5... But you could upgrade to a DJ, Drop Off, or Z1 Freeride...

Brian
    i sent in my fork to get repaired or waranteed on thursday... would it be possible to instead of get the DJ back pay some cash and get a Z1 or something?
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    i sent in my fork to get repaired or waranteed on thursday... would it be possible to instead of get the DJ back pay some cash and get a Z1 or something?
    you will need to call them with your RA#...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You would have to deal with the warranty department on that....

Brian

T.Dot Represent
    whats that?

Pro Crastinator
    whats that?
    RA# = return authorization number.....

if you send them a fork, you have to get an RA# first......

it's sort of how they track your account....

T.Dot Represent
    You would have to deal with the warranty department on that....

Brian
    oo ok, cuz i just left my bike at the shp and they where takin care of it... i dont have any of these RA numbers or anything lol

Pro Crastinator
    oo ok, cuz i just left my bike at the shp and they where takin care of it... i dont have any of these RA numbers or anything lol
    i'd try to get the RA# from the shop and personally talk to marzo about your situation.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Have you shop inquire with the tech department about the upgrade program... They will be able to get it going...

Brian

Pro Crastinator
    Have you shop inquire with the tech department about the upgrade program... They will be able to get it going...

Brian
    i'd still get the RA#, if possible, and handle the situation personally, i've seen too many bike shops add on fees after the fork is received so they can make a quick buck or two at us riders expense....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i'd still get the RA#, if possible, and handle the situation personally, i've seen too many bike shops add on fees after the fork is received so they can make a quick buck or two at us riders expense....
    I would avoid calling in... If you went through a shop, continue to do so. So often orders end up getting screwed up because two or three people start calling on the same fork and the tech guys will just set it aside untill everything can get straightened out.

Brian

Pro Crastinator
    I would avoid calling in... If you went through a shop, continue to do so. So often orders end up getting screwed up because two or three people start calling on the same fork and the tech guys will just set it aside untill everything can get straightened out.

Brian
    (to original poster) oh well....

just rember what i said for future reference.......

-arschloch-
    Apr 2004

thanks

mille grazie to Brian Peterson, .wch. & Co.

I will talk to my boys at the LBS this weekend. Since they are very suspension savvy I'll let them deal with Marz.

Maybe it'll be the last big trip for the old Z1s since we are all going to the Winterberg bike park together on Sunday...along with the rest of western europe, i fear.

hey, i just thought of something silly....that little blurb i mentioned it DOES apply in Europe as well, RIGHT????
    To air is human, to dig is divine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuffer
    mille grazie to Brian Peterson, .wch. & Co.

I will talk to my boys at the LBS this weekend. Since they are very suspension savvy I'll let them deal with Marz.

Maybe it'll be the last big trip for the old Z1s since we are all going to the Winterberg bike park together on Sunday...along with the rest of western europe, i fear.

hey, i just thought of something silly....that little blurb i mentioned it DOES apply in Europe as well, RIGHT????
    I do not know... I would have your shop call the distributor for your country for more details.

Brian

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Awesome program, I just contacted Marzocchi Im able to trade in my old 2000 Z1 CR for a 2004 Z1 FR for 333.00 definitely worth it

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by ldanao
    Awesome program, I just contacted Marzocchi Im able to trade in my old 2000 Z1 CR for a 2004 Z1 FR for 333.00 definitely worth it

Man, that is so awesome of Marz...

I have a 2004 Z1,btw.. it RULES! Your gonna be way stoked.

SamIAm
    so your saying that i could trade in my 04 DJ2 POS for like a Z150 FR eta or somthing?
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    so your saying that i could trade in my 04 DJ2 POS for like a Z150 FR eta or somthing?
    No... The upgrade program is quite specific in the forks that are covered.

Brian

SamIAm
    WTF? thats stupid. i should beable to trade in my DJ2 for some type of discount on a Z150.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    WTF? thats stupid. i should beable to trade in my DJ2 for some type of discount on a Z150.
    Why is that?

If you buy a new car and decide to change the suspension, will the manufacturer of the car offer you a deal on new suspension?

Brian

Pro Crastinator
    Why is that?

If you buy a new car and decide to change the suspension, will the manufacturer of the car offer you a deal on new suspension?

Brian
    if they also manufacture(sp?) the new suspension, my guess would be yes.....

i can do it on my toyota......

Edit: personally i don't see the problem, it's not like they re-use parts, what difference does it make what kind of parts are in the pile.......

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    if they also manufacture(sp?) the new suspension, my guess would be yes.....

i can do it on my toyota......

Edit: personally i don't see the problem, it's not like they re-use parts, what difference does it make what kind of parts are in the pile.......
    That's odd... Because if I go put a lift kit on my truck, Dodge isn't giving me credit for the stock parts...

Is what he should have done is tried to work a deal on the fork at the time of purchase. Most shops will try to work something out.

Brian

In the Kitchen
    I had a '03 'zocchi EXR on my Kona that I dented the stansions on during a crash. Had my LBS send it back and got an '04 DJIII for $130. Not a bad deal.
    Team Elevate Cycles - www.elevatecycles.com
    SMBA Member - www.saratogamtb.org
    Umphrey's McGee - www.umphreys.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Wish i lived stateside !
    here in denmark i asked the distributor about the tradein program :
    An 2001 Z1 ECC QR20 plus 3000dkr (danish kroner about 460usd) would get me a 03 Z1 !!
    For that money I could get a 03 Z1 at closeout from a mailorder in England and keep or sell the old Z1 !!!
    i still wonder how much the distributor would pocket on that deal ?
    Cheers

SamIAm
    yeah i asked my lbs and they said that i would have to buy a new fork from them for mrp and then they would buy the old fork from me for 1/2 what its worth when it wasnt even used. it was f-ed up so i didnt do it.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I have a perfectly working 2002 Z1 FR (with ETA or whatever) and it works perfectly, but if I wanted to trade it in it looks like it would still cost about $300-$350 for a new Z1 FR? Doesn't really sound worth it. I guess its only worht it for an acual broken fork.