Marzocchi 66rc 170 to 150mm- Mtbr.com
    ...abuse these forks.

Marzocchi 66rc 170 to 150mm

I know there is a thread somewhere for this, but I cant find it... I need instructions to lower travel to 150mm, flipping a washer or something. Any help?
    Dont pinkbike my mtbr

...abuse these forks.
    Found it I think
    Dont pinkbike my mtbr

mtbr member
    I have an Adobe file with the instructions on how to change the travel - pm me if you need it.

Lord of the Chainrings
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

...abuse these forks.
    Im having trouble removing the plunger at the top of the damper shaft so I can filp it over. One set of instructions says to simply remove the nut (red anodized in picture), but it proves to be not so simple. Any pointers would be helpful. I believe these were the same internals in the 888 in 05 so that knowledge might be helpful as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dont pinkbike my mtbr

Hard as nails
    I did the conversion on my 66rc. It was a PITA. I too had a problem getting the red nut off. Be patient and take your time, be careful not to damage it. Keeping working it. I think I used a spanner to hold the silver cap as I tried loosen the red nut. I thought I had gotten over my head with this travel increase attempt - But I took a break, came back to it and knocked it out

Keep at it - but be careful...
    Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.
    Henry David Thoreau

...abuse these forks.
    Got the travel reduced and all back together. Somehow I didnt set up the compression side quite right and after putting the top cap back on the knob does not adjust anything, just spins in place. Should the rod that is threaded into the compression sleave be threaded all the way in before putting the top cap back on? All the way out? Halfway? I rode it all day yesterday without any problems but a little adjustment would be nice.
    Dont pinkbike my mtbr

Bum Buzzer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydownhill
    Got the travel reduced and all back together. Somehow I didnt set up the compression side quite right and after putting the top cap back on the knob does not adjust anything, just spins in place. Should the rod that is threaded into the compression sleave be threaded all the way in before putting the top cap back on? All the way out? Halfway? I rode it all day yesterday without any problems but a little adjustment would be nice.
    Thread it most of the way in, when you thread on the adjuster assembly, it will screw the remainder in. I had a keystone kops endeavor swapping the oil in my 888 the other day. Walk away and come back sometimes if you get annoyed. Dayum I need a shop/garage!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0