Marzocchi 07 or 08 888 ata- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Marzocchi 07 or 08 888 ata

I am trying to put together a bike and i am on the wall about using either a 07 or 08 888. the bike will be use for DH and some racing, with a rider weight of around 230lbs. Not too worried about the money, just trying to figure out which one to get. i keep reading a lot about how much better the 07s and 08s are so i am just confused
    please help

Shane

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid56
    I am trying to put together a bike and i am on the wall about using either a 07 or 08 888. the bike will be use for DH and some racing, with a rider weight of around 230lbs. Not too worried about the money, just trying to figure out which one to get. i keep reading a lot about how much better the 07s and 08s are so i am just confused
    please help

Shane
    for your size......you would be better off with a coil......888 WC or RC3
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    If you got MONEY then roll a 2008 888 RC3 World Cup. Its pretty light and has a Ti Coil.

I too was going to get a 888 SL ATA, but I decided against it because apparently the system has a few kinks that need to get worked out.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The 08 ata are said to not have the kinks anymore.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Yup, Coil all the way. SMT is absolutely right. If you're over deuce get a big a$$ bike and a big a$$ fork.

Oh yeah, here ya go. Perfect match-up: http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/269572/

Registered Jong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    If you got MONEY then roll a 2008 888 RC3 World Cup. Its pretty light and has a Ti Coil.

I too was going to get a 888 SL ATA, but I decided against it because apparently the system has a few kinks that need to get worked out.
    Wait a second arn't the new 888 rc3's like almost 8 pounds? or 6.98 + another .75 with oils and other things? Thats not very light compared to my team which is almost a pound lighter. Idk just what ever.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by iced_out215
    Yup, Coil all the way. SMT is absolutely right. If you're over deuce get a big a$$ bike and a big a$$ fork.

nice fork u selling
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    The 08 ata are said to not have the kinks anymore.
    uh huh; did marzocchi tell you that? Believe it when the statistics roll in, not the pre-release hype.
    To the O.P. don't buy an SL ata model of either year. Get a coil version. Stay away from ATA!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iced_out215
    Sweet, bag included. I like to carry my forks to races in canvas bags as well. Kind of like guns, but boom. Fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0