Marz 888 SL ATA-- Whats your thoughts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Marz 888 SL ATA-- Whats your thoughts?

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/de...K&Sito=usa-mtb

What are your thoughts on it. It seems like a good fork, but it seems almost a little to good to be true. Either that or it will cost an arm an a leg. Lastly, when will it be available if its not already?

mtbr member

Nearly perfect!

Marz reliability and performance with World Cup weight? DH racers and weight consicous freeriders rejoice!

As you say, can/will everyone ante up for the price of admission? Marz don't seem to price as high as say Fox, RS and they have huge price drops the following model years.
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

mtbr member
    Wild guess, but I think the price will be around the DH40 and the Boxxer WC. Seems to be especially targeted at competing with the air Boxxer.

Can't wait to hear some reviews and check it out.

Cheers

KavuRider
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

~~~~~~~~
    based on my 66SL experience I wouldn't get one. Lots of people seem to be having good luck with their forks but mine is being a pain.

It looks like I have air and oil going from one air chamber to the other. The more air pressure in the negative chamber the shorter the travel. I run mine full travel and have had instances where I'm feeling like I am riding like crap and it turns out the fork shortened all by itself. This happened at whistler and when I put the pump on to raise it back up oil fricking geysered out.

I've had to screw around with it a lot to get it to work, drain oil from negative, and lots of back and forth with the positive and negative air chambers. At one point it would just shrink in travel with the smallest amounts of air added. I've wasted lots of time screwing around with this fork when I could have been riding instead!

Marz. gave me a RMA# so I can send it in. Coil Totem should be on my bike this week and the 66SL is for sale. That was my first air shock since a mag 21, and I'm over it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    There you have the price in europe: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=13471
    That's about 1269$

And the 888 World cup is about 1692$.

Members who have read this thread: 0