Marz 66 ATA- Mtbr.com

Thread: Marz 66 ATA

Slopestyle Rider

Marz 66 ATA

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...66+Ata+08.aspx

Any thoughts on this fork? Looking to put this on a 6" bike for Crankworx Colorado. After c-worx, I'm gonna be doing more big mountain stuff.

Go back to school
    I would stay away from it. 2008 had sloppy bushings and creaky crowns. If you live next to Valencia though pick it up cause you only need to make a few trips before you get a new one!
    Die to ride, ride to die

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I had an 07, the worst fork experience I have ever had!

mtbr member
    05 Z1 great fork, still own.
    07 all mountain sl, went to marzocchi 3 times for warranty , plus i dealt with a number of its issues myself.
    08 55 eta. TST cartridge hydro locked, almost sent me otb bad. Back to marzocchi once for warranty then sold.
    08 66 ata, nightmare, went to marzocchi 3 times. Still own this one no one wants it.

I'd recommend you stay away. Felt like my 07/08 marzocchi forks spent more time at marzocchi than on my bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am tempted myself as well. But everywhere I look, they are just getting terrible reviews...

Some people obviously have not had any problems, and speak highly about the fork, but others seem to have never ending problems.

Still, not alot of other forks with that type of performance that you can get for $400 brand new... decisions, decisions...
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I've owned a 2008 66 ATA 1.5 since they came out. When it works it works well. No creaky crown. Good stiffness. But I wouldn't consider them to be reliable. Having a knowledgeable/experienced shop for service nearby would minimize the heartache. I live near Marzocchi Canada in Vancouver so I'm good. They're also finnicky to adjust.

I wouldn't recommend it. More hassle than it's worth. Save up and buy a Talas 36 or a Totem Solo/Coil.

Go big....Die young
    Im also looking at replacing my 05 66rc and i found a 09 66rc3 at a fair price or should i just rebuild my 05 66rc

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    what the hell is up with you guys.. there was a time i was only riding urban on mine and hucked to flat every single day and it doesnt even leak.. tune it right and its all good

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by 858Rider
    Im also looking at replacing my 05 66rc and i found a 09 66rc3 at a fair price or should i just rebuild my 05 66rc
    id go for a rebuild. from 07 on it seems marz's quality has really gone down the crapper.

Go big....Die young
    how is the fox 40

Go back to school
    Quote Originally Posted by AmirBernard
    what the hell is up with you guys.. there was a time i was only riding urban on mine and hucked to flat every single day and it doesnt even leak.. tune it right and its all good
    Um your wrong. I use a 2009 888 ATA and love it. But the sad truth is that the 2008 ATA's had trouble along with their bushings and along with their crown/steerer mating.
    Die to ride, ride to die

Members who have read this thread: 0