manitou stance flow- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

manitou stance flow

i just saw the stance flow at my bike shop that things looks huge is it good for medium freeride and urban

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Ow ya big time. It comes stock on Norco Shore Bikes so you can be sure it will handle alot at least 12 foot drops. It is also light as it has air assist and coils so it would do good for some urban jamming. 6inches of butter smooth travel thats the way to go for an affordable fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JRuss
    Ow ya big time. It comes stock on Norco Shore Bikes so you can be sure it will handle alot at least 12 foot drops. It is also light as it has air assist and coils so it would do good for some urban jamming. 6inches of butter smooth travel thats the way to go for an affordable fork.
    thanks i've heard some bad things about it are they true

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Well that depends. Its a good fork for a budget minded person. Its not a Manitou Sherman Breakout buts its a good fork all the same. I haven't heard anything bad about it. And I suppose people who are used to riding $1000 dollare forks may feel that it is a bit lacking. However I like it, I don't personally own one but I have checked them out and they are excellent looking and kick but preforming.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well that depends. Its a good fork for a budget minded person. Its not a Manitou Sherman Breakout buts its a good fork all the same. I haven't heard anything bad about it. And I suppose people who are used to riding $1000 dollare forks may feel that it is a bit lacking. However I like it, I don't personally own one but I have checked them out and they are excellent looking and kick but preforming.
    thanks alot but do you think putting in the extra $50 for the junior t would be better

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Well what type of bike do u currently ride. And what is the pricing of the Stance right know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well what type of bike do u currently ride. And what is the pricing of the Stance right know.
    i ride a 03 stinky and on price point you can get them for 350 and the junior t is 400 so is the boxxer race

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Here is a link to some stuff about the Stance. The fork is absolutely beautiful looking. http://www.answerproducts.com/items....d=1&itemid=128

The Marizzochi fork is also an excellent fork choice. I would say in the end what do you want, a single crown 6 inch travel FR fork, or a 7 inch travel double crown FR fork. I personally think i am going to get the Stance just because it is so beautiful and because has alot of the same technology Manitou uses on their Dorado, and Sherman line.

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    I also would like to mention ( not to freak you out) but I would email Kona and see if the 03 Stinkys are capable of carrying a 7 inch travel fork. This is because most of the time the compaines spec their bikes with a fork that has just the right amount of travel and anything less or more can throw the steering off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Here is a link to some stuff about the Stance. The fork is absolutely beautiful looking. http://www.answerproducts.com/items....d=1&itemid=128

The Marizzochi fork is also an excellent fork choice. I would say in the end what do you want, a single crown 6 inch travel FR fork, or a 7 inch travel double crown FR fork. I personally think i am going to get the Stance just because it is so beautiful and because has alot of the same technology Manitou uses on their Dorado, and Sherman line.
    a 6 inch single crown and a 7 inch double crown can handle about the same does the junior t have air assist

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    No it does not it is is all coil spinged.
    http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/de...LN=UK&Sito=mtb

Check it out.

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Well I gtg I am off to check out some new bikes, Catch up to you later.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well I gtg I am off to check out some new bikes, Catch up to you later.
    thanks alot man

Uhhhhh...
    Both the Stance (except DC one) and Jr.T have crappy damping. The Stance is a budget fork, nothing more and nothing less.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member
    The stance can actually take a pretty good beating, i tossed one on my bros biek and it was pretty nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky05rider
    bmx is not dh/freeride....tight jeans are for girls

mtbr member
    How does the stance flow compare to the marz z.1 fr3?

Jenson has the stance for 330 and the z.1 for about 450... is it worth the extra 100+ bux?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Both the Stance (except DC one) and Jr.T have crappy damping. The Stance is a budget fork, nothing more and nothing less.
    which one do you think is better

mtbr member
    CrazyFreerider-
    Have you ever heard of grammer? You know, maybe a period once in a while... Your writing is near illiterate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    CrazyFreerider-
    Have you ever heard of grammer? You know, maybe a period once in a while... Your writing is near illiterate.
    sorry i will use puncuation from now on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    out of the 04 junior t, the 04 boxxer race and the stance flow which one would you pick for a 03 stinky.

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    I would go with the JR.T. This is because Marzzochi rules the FR world, unless you get a Boxxer or a Manitou Sherman ect... Pay the extra and get the Marzzochi, but check to make sure it is compatible for your bike, other wise you may install it and find that you have extrememly sloppy steering.