Manitou CS Props- Mtbr.com
    N* Bomber Crew

Manitou CS Props

So...not more than say a month and a half use of my brand new Sherman Slider Plus and I broke it. But...I got the hook up, here's what happened:

First...I was racing Sea Otter and everyone knows how muddy it was. When the mud on the course dries, it becomes ROCK HARD (Like Cement). So anyway, somehow mud got into my internals of my Sherman Slider Plus and completley seized the internals. It was completley locked out.

You wouldn't believe how pissed off I was, it was relativley a brand new fork. At first I was really happy with my Manitou, but after it broke, I wanted to punch someone in the dome.

I took my fork over to Manitou, and they gladly rebuilt it from the ground up, and tweeked it a little too. They rebuilt everything, better quality oil (Heavier too), changed the shim stacking around, and added higher quality parts, new springs and new seals.

I went from super pissed to happy...just thought I would give a shout out to Manitou. My fork feels better than ever now.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Meh.
    The Manitou folks are awesome. How's it ride compared to before? Did they devolve the SPV?

a'buh?
    uh-oh. I just bought a Sherman Slider and I'm really happy with it. I hope mine doesn't get cement-like mud in the internals.

That's awesome that Manitou was so helpful. Did you just take it to the Manitou tent at Sea Otter?
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

TNC
    noMAD man
    Even though I'm more on the Marz and Fox bandwagon for now (though I've had a couple of very good Manitou forks), I can say that our shop's experience with Manitou CS has always been extremely good...actually damned good. Those guys have always been helpful with small problems, big problems, and parts. And, everytime I've talked to tech there, they seemed like they knew what they were talking about, and their guidance was correct. Glad you got your fork "spooged up" real nice, Raptor.

ride hard take risks
    Manitou is awsom, in 6 years never had a problem with CS them. Much better than Marzsuki.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    .....somehow mud got into my internals of my Sherman Slider Plus and completley seized the internals....
    that's because the fork sucks so bad, it creates a low pressure system around it.....

CPK- Crazy Poway Kid
    Bobby Acuna at manitou was the cs guy for me and he was uber helpful

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I still say they suck. The original version I heard from you was that the guy who put your fork together when you bought it sucked, so the mud got it. Then you went to the Manitou booth and paid $30 to get it rebuilt. I guess thats okay CS, but it really should have been put together right the first time and since it was f-ed they shouldn't have charged you.

This is all my opinion on the situation.

TNC
    noMAD man

WCH, Fox News weatherman!

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    that's because the fork sucks so bad, it creates a low pressure system around it.....
    So Mike, how's the weather forecast for this weekend's ride looking?...LOL!

pin it to win it
    Nov 2005
    i had the guys a the manitou tent rebuild mine too. the oil in them got all gummy over night so they were barley moving. so thanks to the guys at manitou and the marin guys my bke was in good working order.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    So Mike, how's the weather forecast for this weekend's ride looking?...LOL!
    partly jumpy with a 30% chance of hucking....

ride hard take risks

Ot

Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I went from super pissed to happy...just thought I would give a shout out to Manitou. My fork feels better than ever now.
    Do you know anything about this camera?

http://www.twenty20camera.com/helmet-camera.php?i=1

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Do you know anything about this camera?

http://www.twenty20camera.com/helmet-camera.php?i=1

Since you brought up a complete side note, no I do not. The helmet camera I have is the Hoyt Tech HC-Pro, and its easily the best and most bang for your buck.

www.hoyttech.com

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwalrus
    uh-oh. I just bought a Sherman Slider and I'm really happy with it. I hope mine doesn't get cement-like mud in the internals.

That's awesome that Manitou was so helpful. Did you just take it to the Manitou tent at Sea Otter?
    Sherman's I THINK are great forks, you will just need to keep an extra eye out and be precacious. What do I mean by that? Take time to wipe off the seals and any tricky areas of your fork. ALWAYS check your air pressure and make sure everything is stable and normal. Get familiar with the service manual also.

I believe they are fantastic forks, but may require a tad more effort than others to keep running primo.

Members who have read this thread: 0