Mammoth ridin vid and pics- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919

    Mammoth ridin vid and pics

    Alloy on Bullit jumping before the rock.....frickin sick



    Pictor of Alloy...and then Drew (1000-oaks) watering the trails (much needed) and senery
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 07-16-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  2. #2
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    mo pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 07-16-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    938
    That vid of mark was cool and that drop on bullet is way fun but theres no pics.

  4. #4
    notabouttoseeyourlight
    Reputation: coma13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,664
    where are the piczorz?
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

  5. #5
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    where are the piczorz?
    look buddy,....they are there
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    596
    Nice shots.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1000-oaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    443
    Gotta get the vids from Alloy's camera when he gets back.
    Craig Kelly is my copilot.Product Marketing and Product Photographer

  8. #8
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks
    Gotta get the vids from Alloy's camera when he gets back.
    he's in Canada for a week......he gots the goods

    bTW here is the rack in the down position
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    he's in Canada for a week......he gots the goods

    bTW here is the rack in the down position

    Hes in canada for longer than a week, he said he'll be back on the 29th

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1000-oaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    443
    Three rigs on a two-bike rack.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc
    Hes in canada for longer than a week, he said he'll be back on the 29th
    Oh that's right.
    Craig Kelly is my copilot.Product Marketing and Product Photographer

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    Third is pic of looking down the begining of kamakazie, right?
    Go BIG or Go HOME

  12. #12
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    Third is pic of looking down the begining of kamakazie, right?
    yes sir
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    234
    Hey SMT,

    It was nice to meet you and your crew up there (and watching you guys terrorize that rock garden I was with my nephew & "Resistance" and his Dad.

    I shot some scenic 360 pano's that I need to stitch and load into Quicktime (from the top of the mountain) that I hope to post links for soon! Here is just a shot of the "SAND SURFING" we did after we left your group.....lol

    Last edited by proxy; 07-17-2007 at 08:00 PM.
    PrOxY

  14. #14
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by proxy
    Hey SMT,

    It was nice to meet you and your crew up there (and watching you guys terrorize that rock garden I was with my nephew & "Resistance" and his Dad.

    I shot some scenic 360 pano's that I need to stitch and load into Quicktime (from the top of the mountain) that I hope to post links for soon! Here is just a shot of the "SAND SURFING" we did after we left your group.....lol

    very nice
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  15. #15
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539
    Good stuff SMT! Looks like you guys had a fun trip.

  16. #16
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,116
    Sick, I wish I could go there

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1000-oaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by proxy
    Here is just a shot of the "SAND SURFING" we did after we left your group.....lol
    I think the deepest gravel might be where Upper Velocity turnes into Lower Velocity, just above where it crosses Gravy Train. Giver 'er a try, loose loose loose, maybe 8"-10" deep.
    Craig Kelly is my copilot.Product Marketing and Product Photographer

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BillT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    883
    Off the Top usually has some deep kitty litter in the turns as well as some of the turns on the lower portions of Skid Marks. I'm in the process of firming up plans for a quick weekend in Mammoth in September - can't wait to get there.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GnaR9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    529
    The worst kitty litter I noticed was the top of bullet on the right side of the fire road before it goes into that super tech rock garden. Or at the very top of Chain Smoke before the coffin jumps.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1000-oaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaR9
    Or at the very top of Chain Smoke before the coffin jumps.
    That's a prime kitty litter spot fo sho.
    Craig Kelly is my copilot.Product Marketing and Product Photographer

  21. #21
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaR9
    The worst kitty litter I noticed was the top of bullet on the right side of the fire road before it goes into that super tech rock garden. Or at the very top of Chain Smoke before the coffin jumps.

    I like pointing the bike to the right but surfing the bike to the left on that
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  22. #22
    Cinchy is a cool word ok?
    Reputation: skankinpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks
    That's a prime kitty litter spot fo sho.
    I don't know about this year, but last year, the tree section of DC-10 after you cross the road near the rock jump was like gliding on snow.....

    Is upper Velocity open? Whenever I've been there it's been closed.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BillT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    883
    I've never seen Upper Velocity open either and from looking where it goes, I don't know if I'd ride it if it was open.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GnaR9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by skankinpickle
    I don't know about this year, but last year, the tree section of DC-10 after you cross the road near the rock jump was like gliding on snow.....

    Is upper Velocity open? Whenever I've been there it's been closed.
    2 weeks ago it was closed. Still ice/snow on the trail right around where the gondola crosses it in that canyon.
    Never ridden the top section but it doesn't look like I'm missing much from what I can see on the way up. Lower on the other hand may be my fav. overall tail there.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaR9
    The worst kitty litter I noticed was the top of bullet on the right side of the fire road before it goes into that super tech rock garden. Or at the very top of Chain Smoke before the coffin jumps.

    That was a fun spot, there was also alot on shock treatment after the ladders and near the end of velocity.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RESISTANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23
    And after that we went to toatally rip up Beach Cruiser with crazy DH action.

  27. #27
    Trying a little
    Reputation: dusthuffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by RESISTANCE
    And after that we went to toatally rip up Beach Cruiser with crazy DH action.
    In the beach cruzer "X-Zone" man I stuffed it there big time

    I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

  28. #28
    Trying a little
    Reputation: dusthuffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaR9
    The worst kitty litter I noticed was the top of bullet on the right side of the fire road before it goes into that super tech rock garden. Or at the very top of Chain Smoke before the coffin jumps.
    ...just got back and less kitty litter because it poured up there Tuesday night so this weekend was as close to semi-packed as mammmoth trails can get I guess. Gondola worker dudes told me some kid broke his neck shooting too far off the hilary step thing into the deep powder, buried his front wheel landing wheel first so .. you know ... avoid nose wheelie landings

    I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

  29. #29
    GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    Reputation: pvflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    904
    Some, pretty awesome shots..how's the dust?

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by dusthuffer
    ...just got back and less kitty litter because it poured up there Tuesday night so this weekend was as close to semi-packed as mammmoth trails can get I guess. Gondola worker dudes told me some kid broke his neck shooting too far off the hilary step thing into the deep powder, buried his front wheel landing wheel first so .. you know ... avoid nose wheelie landings

    That sucks hope he is ok. It is very deep after the Hilary drop for sure. How as the new additions or is that just a rumor?

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.