Mammoth 2011!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mammoth 2011!

Moose Member

Mammoth 2011!

RECOIL and UPPER TWILIGHT ZONE!

weekend was a blast. most lower trails are running pretty good. its stupid that the funnel you through velocity. Heres a preview of what the full video will be like.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28662688?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;a utoplay=1" width="398" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This is in no way a highlight reel. this is actually my worst footage, so i didn't ruin the real deal.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You didn't had to funnel through Velocity, it's just seemed everyone preferred that option
    Friend and I tried to see at least someone to go on Technorock to check the speed/approach for the drop. Well, next time I guess.
    but with Gondola queue bucked up, Chair2 run was the fastest so no surprise everyone stayed on it.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

Glad to Be Alive
    cool vid
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    was up there sat and sun and I was impressed on wht they have done....more jumps and a lotta of kooks in the way. still fun but still tight for pass'n. they need one expert side line with gaps not just one ramp..

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrangertodanger View Post
    was up there sat and sun and I was impressed on wht they have done....more jumps and a lotta of kooks in the way. still fun but still tight for pass'n. they need one expert side line with gaps not just one ramp..
    pipeline...check their blog. What the need is a lift servicing flow/pipeline/bullet/follow me

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    pipeline...check their blog. What the need is a lift servicing flow/pipeline/bullet/follow me
    That would rock, 'cause I still have fun on Ricochet and Seven Bridges, but after a few laps pedaling over from McCoy on Brake Through I am beat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I like it. Looking forward to the complete video. If the wall ride is on Velocity (and I think it is) right after is where I hit my head.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I agree with Gemini, need a shuttle to those trails as the ride over sucks. Good meeting you Gemini i was the guy who came over and talked with you in the parking lot. you were working on your fork. Hit me up whenever you are in Burbank and want to ride some steep,rocky trails in the area. Its the one i was telling you about!!

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieno View Post
    I like it. Looking forward to the complete video. If the wall ride is on Velocity (and I think it is) right after is where I hit my head.
    haha yea i know what you're talking about. i just commented on your thread. ill post a vid later of that section.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieno View Post
    Yeh, funky spot. the easiest line looking hardest on the approach. Go left or right and you in a pickle.
    Wall ride have best set-up coming from expert section (ladder), but I still can't push myself on the wall on Twilight after the bowl. Wall on Shotgun still gets most fun points.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Wall rides are a whole new element for me. I felt very uncomfortable on the one on Shotgun. I had just ridden through the expert section and hit the wall on Velocity, it felt very good. That whole section is really fun. The expert line seems to line you up perfectly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    overheard mammoth staff say'n chair 23 will be opening sonn allowing for hot laps on those trails.

mtbr member
    Sweet vid. Man, so much faster than the stuff I shot the last few days.Big improvement for me yesterday and today. Plus I didnt fall into anyone else

Record crowd saturday and sunday apparently. Felt like I was the only person on the hill today.

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    Sweet vid. Man, so much faster than the stuff I shot the last few days.Big improvement for me yesterday and today. Plus I didnt fall into anyone else

Record crowd saturday and sunday apparently. Felt like I was the only person on the hill today.
    no raging *****es on the mountain today? i got it on camera too!

yea sunday was insane. its cool you're improving. at your rate you'll be speeding past me next season!

9 lives
    cool video. Mammoth looks like a wicked place to ride

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Is Recoil the new replacement for what used to be "Trail Home"? Looks fun!

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fgiraffe View Post
    Is Recoil the new replacement for what used to be "Trail Home"? Looks fun!
    fo sure! its hella fun too! they only had half of it done when i went, but when its done it will be epic! cant wait to get back next year to ride the whole thing.

mtbr member
    Nice. Thanks for the stoke. Can't wait to finally get up there this season, one more week!!!

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by COLIN M View Post
    I agree with Gemini, need a shuttle to those trails as the ride over sucks. Good meeting you Gemini i was the guy who came over and talked with you in the parking lot. you were working on your fork. Hit me up whenever you are in Burbank and want to ride some steep,rocky trails in the area. Its the one i was telling you about!!
    Ha ha, ya sorry if I wasn't too talkative or friendly, I was just focusing on not losing a cap or screw! I'm usually more entertaining. :P

Quote Originally Posted by nostrangertodanger View Post
    overheard mammoth staff say'n chair 23 will be opening sonn allowing for hot laps on those trails.
    That would be orgasmic. I hadn't ridden follow me in a few years until 2 weeks ago. That trail is awesome. But the 45 minutes of waiting for shuttle bus and then taking the lift and then pedaling over is really a buzz kill for all those trails.

mtbr member
    yeah I was surprised how much I liked follow me as well. I always thought it was just a sandy mess since no one ever mentions it.

23 goes to the top. 16 would be sweet for bullet/flow etc since a bunch of trails end at canyon anyway. Pretty sure they used to run ch. 15 a long time ago.