major component upgades- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

major component upgades

after counting my money and taking up an extra day of work each week, i have $700 and am making $180 every week, i am getting new rims, either outlaw or deetrax. i want a new fork (marz. 888rc, or rockshox boxxer world cup) and i need new shifting components.i have a bent rear deraileur and broken shifter. what type of shifting components do you rccomend, im going to be doing heavy freeride and live in riding distance to diablo freeride park. keep in mind i have a hardtail frame. any other suggestions of upgraders imput is apreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    First start with whats broken. I would sugesst sram but that is personal prefrence. Sram stuff has a very distinct "click" when you shift. Its sometimes hard for me to tell f it has shifted between two close ration gears, especially with a fullface. I would also go w/ an x9 shifter and x7 rr der. From what I hear Diablo is pretty rocky so I imagine you'll be going through some deraillures.

What kind of frame is it? If its not a Morphine or a Evil Imp or a super burly FR HT I would strongly reccomend not putting a DC fork on it. We can't really help on the fork without knowing the frame.

While your'e at it, why don't you list some other parts on your bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    alright, its a brodie bruzza, truvative howitzer huzzefelt cranks, probably either of those wheelsets soon. hayes hfx9 brakes (8" in front 7" in back)and the idea of a new frame crossed my mind but not for a while

Members who have read this thread: 0