lyrik dampener Orings- Mtbr.com
    Roll on Spring Time!

lyrik dampener Orings

Does anyone know what orings I need for a 2009 lyrik dampener? I am back in South Africa where I can finaly stock up on bearings and orings. My lyrik was leaking oil from the top of the
    dampener and after striping it down I found a couple of orings which could be the cause. I brought
    The needle with the 2 orings I thought needed replacing only to get to the local supplier and find I
    Have lost one of them. I still have the really small one that fits on the needle but not the other
    One, I left the rest of the dampener in Korea so now I am kinda stuck. If any of you guys know all
    The required orings, for the whole fork wood be sweet, I wood be stoked to get while I can.
    From my understanding the Totem dampener uses the same orings? For the price I plan to get a
    Few of all the sizes and be good for a while.
    I just want to ride.

moaaar shimz
    Well you could check the RS exploded diagrams and check the part number.

Btw, its damper not dampener.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    ...its damper not dampener.

I thought this was settled. Check the dictionary sir...they're the same (synonyms).

Roll on Spring Time!
    I don't have a connection in South Africa so this is getting typed on a blackberry, hence the typos.
    I am trying to get info using this tiny screen and my trip to the I cafe didn't yield much. Thanks for
    The tip on an exploded drawing, I will see what I can dig up.
    I just want to ride.

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y

I thought this was settled. Check the dictionary sir...they're the same (synonyms).
    Quoting MTG from Ridemonkey:

At a previous job, where we did a lot of damper work, I used to joke around about the tendency to add extra syllables to the word "damping", so I started calling it "damplenering". If one extra syllable is good, then several extra syllables must be great!
    And btw, searched the dictionary and the first definition was: To make damp.
    Seached the dictionary for damper and this came up: A device that eliminates or progressively diminishes vibrations or oscillations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y

I have never seen the word "dampener" on a suspension web site of any kind.

Members who have read this thread: 0