Looking at the scream... suspension questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Looking at the scream... suspension questions

Ok, i read really terrible reviews on the vanilla rc rear shock. This is what comes on the Banshee Scream. Can anyone give me the 411 on it, like a straight up no b/s anyisis. Also what front fork should i put on? I heard 04 jr t's are terrible, same with 888. Should i just spend the extra money and get a shiver dc? Thanks guys.
    Ride to Die.
    Die to Ride.

n00b eternal
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrupt
    Ok, i read really terrible reviews on the vanilla rc rear shock. This is what comes on the Banshee Scream. Can anyone give me the 411 on it, like a straight up no b/s anyisis. Also what front fork should i put on? I heard 04 jr t's are terrible, same with 888. Should i just spend the extra money and get a shiver dc? Thanks guys.
    Not true, you can get a 5th element as well. That's what my friend wanted to do. I would do that. http://www.bansheebikes.com/bike-scream.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    but it's custom sprung, does that mean i have to buy a spring for it? And what about a front fork?
    Ride to Die.
    Die to Ride.

n00b eternal
    I don't really know enough about it other than that. But custom sprung is probably a good thing in this case. I would try talking to the guys at Banshee, I have heard they are pretty friendly.

The fork? Who knows. It seems like everyone here would tell you to get a Shiver (and I am not saying that they are wrong, it may be your last chance). I would get an 04 Super T, but I like my bike to be a bit lighter. In other words, I don't know.

mtbr member
    but it's custom sprung, does that mean i have to buy a spring for it? And what about a front fork?
    look at the web page it says you can shoose from 3 different companys so you dont have to get the jr.t

Former Noob Herder
    custom sprung usually means they provide you with the proper spring for your weight. Also there are valving upgrades for the Vanilla RC available from PUSH that are reasonably priced

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the info.
    Ride to Die.
    Die to Ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I can't speak for the vanilla, I run a rock shox pro deluxe on mine (bought mine used from a guy that worked at rock shox). As for fork, I love my super T. someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't really looked into them at all, but I believe there are 2 different 888's. One of them has the same sucky damping cartriges as the Junior T, where as the other has the same dampening as the Super T so it is a pretty sick fork. I think a 888 would be sweet on a scream