Looking for a good downhill frame or bike for cheap- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Looking for a good downhill frame or bike for cheap

Hi, i currently own a Trek Ticket Stub (its a dirt jumper) i crashed that on a downhill track and broke the rear rim and fractured my back.. so that made me think getting a full suspension frame would be very helpful. If i need to i will sell my Ticket and get a new bike but i'm pretty set on just a full suspension frame. I want a frame thats practically bomb proof and under 1,500 not that i'm still open to full bikes i've looked at the Airborne Taka and i've heard of this Kona Stink/ Stab. Please Help

RideDirt
    Better put on that flame suit , cuz its about to get HOT UP N HUR ... Seriously tho , if you do a little searching you will see what frames are out there for that price range and reviews . Esp now since most 2012 stuff NEEDS to go , you could prob get a killer deal . Just make up your mind first tho, frame or FS bike .. PB usually has some decent ads for sale too with the season coming to an end .

Life Is Short
    yo here u go..seriously though a used kona stinky or KHS Lucky 7 is a good entry-level bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for a good downhill frame or bike for cheap-8202-56%2520pk-7%2520562%2520target%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Factor, do those bikes pivot around the bottom bracket? So I can use it with s single speed setup?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11 View Post
    Factor, do those bikes pivot around the bottom bracket? So I can use it with s single speed setup?
    yep, and those bikes a sturdy too...great price
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Not mine but a friend is selling his KHS Lucky 7 complete for dirt cheap

KHS Lucky 7 - Pinkbike

Life Is Short
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    Not mine but a friend is selling his KHS Lucky 7 complete for dirt cheap

KHS Lucky 7 - Pinkbike
    I must comment on the Lucky 7. The suspension is better than a Kona Stinky. The KHS licenses the Horst link 4 bar design from Specialized and the Kona uses a "faux" 4 bar, meaning it looks like a 4 bar but in reality its a single pivot design. Meaningless for FR use, but means the frame is a better climber if anyone on this forum actually pedals uphill.

Members who have read this thread: 0