long wheel base?- Mtbr.com
    fungus amongus

long wheel base?

I shouldn't really be thinking about this but the bike I am going to buy has a long wheel base. Is a bike with a long wheel base more likely to get its rear tire bucked off a jump??
    don't do anything else but ride bicycles..I'm a very complex individual

izumusx988
    yaaa...
    -Rob

Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hilikus
    I shouldn't really be thinking about this but the bike I am going to buy has a long wheel base. Is a bike with a long wheel base more likely to get its rear tire bucked off a jump??
    In theory yes, but i doubt it will be a big problem and even if it does buck a bit., i would hope that you would get accustomed it pretty quickly. You're going to have to muscle a bigger bike around more anyways.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    i wouldent be concerned about it TO much, your buying the new bike mostly to DH, compare your stinky or another bike with the r9

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I've found that having your rear wheel bucked off a jump is more a result from not preloading the front end properly in proportion to the rear than antyhing to do with the bike.

As far as longer wheelbase making a difference, it shouldnt affect things too much. It's more rider than bike setup.

if you're still having problems after playing around with how you approach the jump, you can try slowing down the rebound of your rear shock.
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

fungus amongus
    thanks for the help, it kinda depends on the geo of the jump/lip too and the rider, not the bike. marsvolta i planned on ripping through the dominions with this bike too.
    don't do anything else but ride bicycles..I'm a very complex individual

Members who have read this thread: 0