Lockout on a big hit????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Lockout on a big hit????

Has anyone swapted shocks on a big hit, as in take off a coil and put on an air that has a lockout on it?What were your results? Anyone recommend it? The longest air shock I have found is a 7.785 eyer to eye(or close to that) The eye to eye on the big hit is 8.75. I would get an air shock that has a shorter stroke as to not damage the frame...

Thanks in advance
    Buy My 2010 Mint COndition Transition Covert LARGE 150mm Full suspension. 2000 firm see classified add

mtbr member
    What year BH? My cousin is running a DHX air on his and it rides money. With the propedal cranked it does not bob at all.

If you are looking at any other air shock besides ROCO's or DHX's then you should just get a frame that is suited for what you are doing.

long standing member
    Putting a shock that's an inch shorter that standard could really mess up that suspension. The rear tire would likely hit the frame at end of travel. Even if it didn't, the bike's suspension would probably not perform very well with an air shock designed for XC riding...there's a reason those type of shocks aren't available in long i2i lengths. Plus the bike would end up slacker and lower, you may be able to lock the shock out, but it's not going to be fun pedaling a bike with a 65* HTA up hills. Maybe the geometry adjust ( shock/rocker mount points) would help here.

Pro-pedal should help make a Big Hit pedal OK even with the pro-pedal all the way down, mine pedals fine as long as my pedal stroke is smooth and I don't stand up. Maybe your coil isn't functioning properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain biker 41
    Has anyone swapted shocks on a big hit, as in take off a coil and put on an air that has a lockout on it?What were your results? Anyone recommend it? The longest air shock I have found is a 7.785 eyer to eye(or close to that) The eye to eye on the big hit is 8.75. I would get an air shock that has a shorter stroke as to not damage the frame...

Thanks in advance

Members who have read this thread: 0