local DH courses/trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

local DH courses/trails

i live in the north western region of washington and i have been to the local trail galbreth (north of seattle) and i know that whistler is a very nice place that is pretty close but i was wondering if anyone knows of more trails or courses in the area that kick a$$?
    Make a joke and i will sigh and you will laugh and i will cry.
    -Black Sabbath

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Talk to the guys at the bikeshops in bellingham. In particular the outdoor center @ western washington university. Unlike galbraith, as far as non-mainstream trails go, you wont get much of a response asking about them online, or at least some of them. In that region there is only one trail I have ridden, and quite honestly I wouldnt be able to give you accurate enough directions to get to the top.

Bike Hustler

Good job! B'ham trails!!!!

Yeah dude! first post for me here on this forum and I'll be damned if there's not a local kid chatting about b'ham trails!

Have basicly dove in head first to the whole riding thing... only 2 years into it but loving it like its been my life. Me and the guys I ride with have very activly sought out trails around this area and It'd be cool to hook up and ride somtime.

for now though to give you just a little somthing to work on in the mean time...

Double Black Diamond Trail: A steep and flowing down hill single track. technical decents at times but overall very fluid at higher speeds

-Take chuckanut drive south from farihaven
    -turn Left on Highline/Cleator road.
    -head straight up around the turn to your left as it becomes Cleator
    - all the way up!!!
    [email protected] the top enjoy the Cyrus gates overlook for a minute while you helmet up.
    - turn 180 degree's around from the view and hike it up the steep rock entrance.

Enjoy a couple small jumps including a gap to your right as you approach a very steep and sharp decent for the first 100-200 yards. Lots more good stuff like a few small drops (but unfortunatly no ladders or log rides yet) until at the end it will dump you out at a fork just to your right at the end of this single track. Stay right and climb. after 50 yards up... either duck in for a quick lap around fragrence lake to your left or keep climbing to hook back up with cleator road at the gate and loop back up your car.

Its kinda short, so we link this one with the chuckanut ridge trail back at the top to your left. it ends at arroyo park (interurban) to make it a good 3 hour trip when we have an extra car to shutlle back up with.

Hope this is is a new one for you. Lets keep in touch if you want to roll out to destroy with my crew somtime!