a-line or stinky or faith/glory??for resort riding- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

a-line or stinky or faith/glory??for resort riding

Looking to get a resort bike but don't know lots yet (yes I've been reading).
    Want something that is not on the heavy end of all the heavy bikes.
    Is there a site where they list the standard weights or do you feel a huge
    difference from 40 to 45 lbs?
    Triple vs single crown...Not doing tricks just flying straight.
    Want something that will still like to turn when going slow.
    I'm 5'8" and 165lbs.
    Thanks guys

Glad to Be Alive
    [Triple vs single crown...Not doing tricks just flying straight.
    Want something that will still like to turn when going slow.
    I'm 5'8" and 165lbs.
    Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

I would drop the stinky right away for resort riding.....IMO I don't like the suspension design of a faux bar (essentially single pivot)...too much brake jack and the angles of the bike are really more for FR then DH

You are in Canada so the Norco A-line comes with FSR suspension. overall this bike has nice geometry for DH and a winning race proven suspension......this would be the bike I would choose out of the 3.

the faith and glory are nice bikes......I have not spent enough time on them to give you a good opinion. but from what I do know they are pretty good bikes

5 pounds on a bike is a huge difference but for resort riding it is not as big as an issue.

single crown or dual crown the way forks are made today....either one should be fine...personally the dual crown is probaly better for resort riding....just a tad more stable
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    I agree with most of what SMT stated above, the faith is heavy as ****, the glory would be a better choice over the faith.

you are also not a very big guy so if you are not used to riding a MX or somthing any 45lb bike will fill a bit overwelming (al least it did to me)

I like dual crown forks b/c they fit my riding / crashing style the biggest thing is the peice of mind after you watch your bike go cart-wheeling down the mountain and then get stuck like 8' up in a tree that your fork should be fine and all of your hydro-lines and cables arnt in a knot or ripped out.
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

mtbr member
    Glory

N* Bomber Crew
    The Glory would be a good choice for resort riding and DH, especially out of the three you have given us. All those bikes you listed are on the heavier side of the weight scale as far as DH rigs go, but the Glory can be lightened up to a reasonable weight so long as you have the money for it.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

LCW
    mtbr member

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    You are in Canada so the Norco A-line comes with FSR suspension.
    Are the Norcos sold in the US (there is a Norco usa site afterall) non-FSR ?

cheers

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I would drop the stinky right away for resort riding.....and the angles of the bike are really more for FR then DH

The Stinky is a great bike for parks IMO. Whistler rents Garbanzo Primo's which are basically re-badged Stinky's. The Faith is also a good choice. The only way I'd ever recommend the Glory is if all you want to do is race. It's long, low, and heavy. Especially in the rear. I wouldn't want to ride skinny's on it by any means.
    Last edited by NorKal; 12-29-2010 at 10:31 AM.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    they rent Glorys at N* and Stinkys at Mammoth, you should go ride them

Members who have read this thread: 0