A Line Mega Train- Mtbr.com
    Just roll it......

A Line Mega Train

Did this a couple of weekends ago with 130 of my closest friends. Even with getting caught behind some slower riders, there was nothing but smiles at the bottom.

Just saw that there was a vid of this on PB today. Not my video.

<object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/165850' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/165850' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' AllowScriptAccess='always' /></embed></object>

mtbr member
    I think that went all the way past cool and came back around on retarded. Who was that guy, ahem tard, trying to race and pass people? "on your right!"

"It looks flexy"

Rider, Builder, Dreamer

Haters

Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    I think that went all the way past cool and came back around on retarded. Who was that guy, ahem tard, trying to race and pass people? "on your right!"

I'm with this guy ^^^.

It's too bad that in any group so big you're guaranteed to have some 'tards' involved.

What's with all the hate against people who aren't as fast? Lame
    Go ride your bike.

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    alot of people didn't get the memo that you had to be able to ride fast enough and clear the jumps on Aline, otherwise get back in the caboose, therefore there were a few passing incidents, seriously though some people should not have been in the middle of the pack and holding capable riders up, it's a big enough trail to allow passing and if someone wants to let them......on another note it was one of the highlights of my season and was a blast to ride with that many people....the next planned Megatrain will be during Crankworx and we hope to pull in 200+ riders, should be epic....

mtbr member
    holy ballsack
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Mongoose Teocali all mountain
    Jamis Exile SS

Pin it to win it
    Aug 2008
    alot of people didn't get the memo that you had to be able to ride fast enough and clear the jumps on Aline, otherwise get back in the caboose, therefore there were a few passing incidents, seriously though some people should not have been in the middle of the pack and holding capable riders up, it's a big enough trail to allow passing and if someone wants to let them......on another note it was one of the highlights of my season and was a blast to ride with that many people....the next planned Megatrain will be during Crankworx and we hope to pull in 200+ riders, should be epic....
    Yeah, but yelling "get the f*ck out of the way" and such things is a bit over the top for a fun event...

Looks super sick though!
    Speed has never killed anybody. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you.

www.danwalkerphotovideo.com

Just roll it......
    I'll agree with BCBud that there were folks in the middle of the pack that couldn't clear all of the jumps which was pretty frustrating. Worse yet, they weren't moving over, so folks were practically jumping on each other jump to jump. At some point, that becomes a safety issue. Was I yelling at anyone? Of course not. Of course, the "organizers" (using that term very loosely) could've just said "hey, if you can't clear all of the jumps, stay in the back of the group". Whatever, it was still super phucking fun.

Same day, different angle.

Scott is in front with the camera. Emily is directly behind him (she snaked me...ha!) in the checkered shirt and I'm behind Em.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16013548" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/16013548">Whistler A-Line Mega Train</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2357298">Lacy Kemp</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

mtbr member

I wasn't there so I'm not going to come out on either side but go here and read Seb Kemp's comments towards the bottom for a different POV.

mtbr member
    That's cool.

Way cool.

DJ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Prophet
    I wasn't there so I'm not going to come out on either side but go here and read Seb Kemp's comments towards the bottom for a different POV.
    I wasn't there either, but I'll let the comments on that whole thread speak. Everything I've seen about Seb is pretty annoying. I'm suprised he posted on an internet forum since he claims he hates them.
    "It looks flexy"

Just roll it......
    I wasn't there either, but I'll let the comments on that whole thread speak. Everything I've seen about Seb is pretty annoying. I'm suprised he posted on an internet forum since he claims he hates them.
    Clay, Seb's in town for the next month. I'll introduce you guys and you can tell him what a terrible skidder he is and how rude he is on the trails. Hopefully, he'll be wearing his "SKID MORE" shirt as well.

Anyone that takes Seb's comments very serious hasn't been around him much.

Glad to Be Alive
    just makes you want to go back to Whistler

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I'm going, next summer. Gonna try and get a group together. Hit me up if you wanna roll.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Clay, Seb's in town for the next month. I'll introduce you guys and you can tell him what a terrible skidder he is and how rude he is on the trails. Hopefully, he'll be wearing his "SKID MORE" shirt as well.

Anyone that takes Seb's comments very serious hasn't been around him much.
    Sure. I'm sure he's nice in person but I'll tell him not to make any more skid videos if you want me to
    "It looks flexy"

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Daum! Looks like a lot of fun EB!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    reminds me of some of the weekends this summer.
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    cant believe that we flew home the day this happend, gutted we missed it,
    who organised it was it jamie and max.
    got to agree with some of the comments though, common sense would suggest that if you know you are a slower rider and you cant clear all the jumps then you would ride at the back of the group. thats why i always go at the back as i am crap lol.
    as for seb, he is a really cool great guy, one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet, he has helped me improve as a rider, thanks to his expert coaching and the rest of the bearbackbiking guys. he has a great sense of humour so dont judge him til you have met him. when you do meet him just hope that he is fully clothed as he seems to like to get naked alot, specially in the company of men lol and he has a tiny todger lol. only joking it was actually a very cold day during that aline race. thats his excuse anyway,lol

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by DHgnaR
    I'm going, next summer. Gonna try and get a group together. Hit me up if you wanna roll.
    i am in...trying to make it up there 2 times this year

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Looks like LA traffic........signage for the train
    ( " Fast Riders to the front - Slower to the rear! " )

Hitting Whistler 2011 for my 50th Birthday.

Members who have read this thread: 0