Life on Wheels and Boards Episode IV Preview- Mtbr.com
    When in doubt, go faster

Life on Wheels and Boards Episode IV Preview

My brothers, it is on. let me know what you think, theres more to come.
    <object width="400" height="265"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1145941&amp;server=www.vimeo .com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_p ortrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1145941&amp;server=www.vimeo .com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_p ortrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="265"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.vimeo.com/1145941?pg=embed&sec=1145941">Life on Wheels and Boards Episode IV Preview</a> from <a href="http://www.vimeo.com/dorybreaux?pg=embed&sec=1145941">dory breaux</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&sec=1145941">Vimeo</a>.

Ah yes, and my bad on the VI instead of IV, i wasnt awake when i did the titles.

mtbr member
    Good editing and nice spots but needs to have more riding. I know its just the preview but still

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Good stuff as always other than that choppyness we talked about, I felt like I was at a big budget premiere

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    nice work dude... it's going to be sick... XD

EastBaySteez
    not to be rude... but there where what? 3 or 4 riding shots? of all over grown double track?
    and then a bunch of slowed down shots of random plants and weeds?

Back to watching Stars and Bars.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

When in doubt, go faster
    Thanks for the comments guys!

motormonkeyr6, yeah, I know there werent alot of riding shots. wait about 4 days and then i'll show you some riding.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    What is this video going to be about?
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Needed more riding but over all pretty good. Very smooth camera work. You prolly already know this but always cut on the action. it helps build up anticipation. On some of the action shots you let the rider leave the frame b4 you cut. But with everything there are exceptions, i love the one action scene at 2:18 where your rider naturally fades out in the back and you mixed it in w/ a nicely placed fade in/fade out. Beautiful. What editing system are you using Avid, Adobe, Final Cut?

When in doubt, go faster
    Yeah, now that I have watched it about 50 times (yes I'm that facinated with my own work, its sad isnt it), I see that it prolly coulda used a lot more riding shots and a bit tighter editing. All in all I'm happy with it tho.

Sombiro69, I'm reppin Avid Media Composer. Its the only way to go, kills Final Cut in OH so many ways. Except maybe that it is incredibly hard to learn if you have limited editing experience.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    hmmm, hows taht? i have had no time w/ anything from Avid but used to use Adobe Premiere(hated) and am curently on Final Cut Pro.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

The thing is

there is like one full minute of audio without any video (why not show the medals and tv watching stuff DURING the voice over) and it isn't until the second minute into the trailer before the actual riding starts?

The trailer should make you want to see more, not "want to see SOME riding at all"

Everything is real good (photography, editing, color) I just think you should remember that your viewers have a very short attention span. After about 30 seconds of audio and a black screen, I moved on to something else.

When in doubt, go faster
    Quote Originally Posted by General Havoc
    Everything is real good (photography, editing, color) I just think you should remember that your viewers have a very short attention span. After about 30 seconds of audio and a black screen, I moved on to something else.
    Good point. Kidwoo pointed out that the naration sounds kinda like a boy crush >.<... The full episode wont have that.

Members who have read this thread: 0