Lever play fix?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Lever play fix?

moaaar shimz

Lever play fix?

Someone know if there is a fix for the lever play that develops with time in the Juicy 7s?

Thanks

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'd be interested too. My levers are wobbly as ****.

mtbr member
    I found that taking the pins out and laying some grease all over them, reduced the play alot on my old code 5's

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Someone know if there is a fix for the lever play that develops with time in the Juicy 7s?

Thanks

yeah....buy new Saints...that is what 3 friends did and they have not looked back
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Meh.
    You can either replace the lever bushings. Or you can remove the lever, pop out the pushings, and sandwich small pieces of aluminum foil between the bushing and the lever body until it takes up the slack.

Pivotal figure
    I've had good results using thin aluminum (think coke can,red bull,etc) and using a paper hole punch to make the hole. I just trim the outer diameter with scissors.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    yeah....buy new Saints...that is what 3 friends did and they have not looked back
    I'm getting some Avid Elixirs. I can get two sets of Elixirs for the price of a set of Saints...

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You can either replace the lever bushings. Or you can remove the lever, pop out the pushings, and sandwich small pieces of aluminum foil between the bushing and the lever body until it takes up the slack.
    Thanks.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    I'm getting some Avid Elixirs. I can get two sets of Elixirs for the price of a set of Saints...
    ever wonder why they are cheaper......if you were going to have heart surgery would you take the lowest bidder???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    thin brake caliper shim washers work well for that as well. add as many as you need.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    ever wonder why they are cheaper......if you were going to have heart surgery would you take the lowest bidder???

WTF?!?! I dont see how that is relevant to MTB brakes.I have a set of Saint on my Session and love them,strong and super reliable so far.

I also have a set of Elixir on my Remedy and like them equally if not more. Easier to bleed and the pads are 1/3 of the price of Saint pads.

So you think because the Saint are more expensive it makes them better quality ?

moaaar shimz
    Stupid argument. Your Saint ass kissing won't work on me, I recognize Saint cranks are superior to most offering out there, but in the braking department there are cheaper and much better options out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0